Bensons Beds

Comments

• Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    I have had problems with Bensons For Beds just before christmas I ordered a new bed for myself. Told them the day and what time was best for me, I ripped my old bed apart and put the old mattress on a skip on the day it was supposed to come. I rang them in the afternoon to confirm and everything was fine and it would be with me that day. It got to 6pm and they rang saying they will be about a hour or so they had to go to Runcorn and Southport first (are they flying a jet plane or something) And then at 6:45 they rang and told me that they had ran out of "driving" time and it would now be the next day!!!

I had to sleep on the sofa that night, the following day I had to take off work and they turned up at 12pm walked mud/oil all up my stairs and into my bedroom and just dumped it in the middle of the room never even set it up when I was told they would. I rang the manager many times the day before and the day it was delivered where she was very rude on the phone and said "it's not my problem" I rang head office of Bensons For Beds and got no where. In the end I got my dad to make my bed and just took it as experience with Bensons For Beds.

I will never go to them again!

Steph xx
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    I spoke to someone a while back who said that his wife ordered a bed from Bensons at the same time as he was buying one over the phone from another seller. When she got home they decided they didn't want the one from Bensons, so they told them that they wanted to cancel the order. They were told that they couldn't cancel even though it was the same day, and it was 6 weeks delivery. So they had to cancel the one from the other seller (who was far more understanding), and get the inferior model from Bensons.
  • Stuyyy
    Stuyyy Posts: 5 Forumite
    Have previously bought a bed from Bensons, was delivered on time and that, but doesnt seem as comfy as it did in the shop (maybe due to the fact we went for a bedstaed rather than a divan)

Me and the lady are looking to buy a new bed as suffering a bit from back problems, which brings me on to.....

Has anyone bought a 'SLEEP TO LIVE' bed????? They are by far the most expensive beds, and claim lots of things. They get you trying out a 'special' single bed that measures pressure etc etc and gives you an indication of what sort of mattress you should go for. Must admit i'm always a tad worried about these sort of things, wondering whether they are just clever (if u can call it that) marketing tactics.

Anyone who has bought one your feedback would be appreciated
  • Tim_Deegan
    edited 8 April 2009 at 10:28AM
    Stuyyy wrote: »
    Have previously bought a bed from Bensons, was delivered on time and that, but doesnt seem as comfy as it did in the shop (maybe due to the fact we went for a bedstaed rather than a divan)

Me and the lady are looking to buy a new bed as suffering a bit from back problems, which brings me on to.....

Has anyone bought a 'SLEEP TO LIVE' bed????? They are by far the most expensive beds, and claim lots of things. They get you trying out a 'special' single bed that measures pressure etc etc and gives you an indication of what sort of mattress you should go for. Must admit i'm always a tad worried about these sort of things, wondering whether they are just clever (if u can call it that) marketing tactics.

Anyone who has bought one your feedback would be appreciated

I think you have summed it up.......pure marketing gimmicks :rotfl:
  • Bensons for Beds - the worst bed store in the world! Don't go anywhere near them!

Here's my experience..
    I bought a mattress, 2 protectors, and a foam pillow. I took one of the protectors and the pillow home with me that day and the salesman told me the mattress and other protector will be delivered to my home the following week.

The day before the delivery, I get a voicemail saying that my mattress is not in stock, and it will now be delivered later on in the week. Inconvenient as I had already booked the day off work. So I rang the store, who said its nothing to do with them and told me to ring the head office. I rang head office, who proceeded to tell me that they couldn't do anything about it, and that the mattress may not even get delivered later that week.

I then asked for a refund on all the goods bearing in mind I hadn't opened any of the packaging for the items I had already taken home. Benson's told me they don't give any refunds unless the item is damaged.

Thats where I am with it at the moment.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Disco_D wrote: »
    Bensons for Beds - the worst bed store in the world! Don't go anywhere near them!

Here's my experience..
    I bought a mattress, 2 protectors, and a foam pillow. I took one of the protectors and the pillow home with me that day and the salesman told me the mattress and other protector will be delivered to my home the following week.

The day before the delivery, I get a voicemail saying that my mattress is not in stock, and it will now be delivered later on in the week. Inconvenient as I had already booked the day off work. So I rang the store, who said its nothing to do with them and told me to ring the head office. I rang head office, who proceeded to tell me that they couldn't do anything about it, and that the mattress may not even get delivered later that week.

I then asked for a refund on all the goods bearing in mind I hadn't opened any of the packaging for the items I had already taken home. Benson's told me they don't give any refunds unless the item is damaged.

Call consumer direct (trading standards). I think you are entitled to cancel the items that haven't been delivered, but check with them.
  • Swans1912
    Swans1912 Posts: 1,658 Forumite
    Bought a bed frame and foam mattress from them last year. We wanted the nicer foam mattress but couldn't justify the £100 difference in price so opted for the cheaper mattress. They kindly waived the delivery charge and threw in 2 pillows and a bedding set of my choice. They phoned up an hour before delivery as promised too. When we looked at the mattress it wasn't the one we ordered, it was the model one up from it, and we were pleased, but phoned B4B to let them know just incase they muddled up the delivery items with someone else's. They said "Sorry, your mattress was out of stock, so we upgraded the mattress for you" LANDED!!
  • Stephb1986 wrote: »
    I have had problems with Bensons For Beds just before christmas I ordered a new bed for myself. Told them the day and what time was best for me, I ripped my old bed apart and put the old mattress on a skip on the day it was supposed to come. I rang them in the afternoon to confirm and everything was fine and it would be with me that day. It got to 6pm and they rang saying they will be about a hour or so they had to go to Runcorn and Southport first (are they flying a jet plane or something) And then at 6:45 they rang and told me that they had ran out of "driving" time and it would now be the next day!!!

I had to sleep on the sofa that night, the following day I had to take off work and they turned up at 12pm walked mud/oil all up my stairs and into my bedroom and just dumped it in the middle of the room never even set it up when I was told they would. I rang the manager many times the day before and the day it was delivered where she was very rude on the phone and said "it's not my problem" I rang head office of Bensons For Beds and got no where. In the end I got my dad to make my bed and just took it as experience with Bensons For Beds.

I will never go to them again!

Steph xx

Likewise, I wanted a new bed delivered within three days, and was
    willing to pay extra, I was told no, as they do not hold stock ??
    fine just finance your business, thru orders/money up front .:T
  • molley
    molley Posts: 528 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Likewise, I wanted a new bed delivered within three days, and was
    willing to pay extra, I was told no, as they do not hold stock ??
    fine just finance your business, thru orders/money up front .:T

Extra??? They already charge £35 which I think is pretty steep.
  • Disco_D wrote: »
    Bensons for Beds - the worst bed store in the world! Don't go anywhere near them!

Here's my experience..

That sucks. I hope you gave them an earful
    Never Say Die I've tried it and it doesn't actually make people die
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills