PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square To Give Your Share - Part 3

Comments

• Chriskim
    Chriskim Posts: 30 Forumite
    Thanks, Mioliere - I did find this on a previous page which looks cosy and warm but has size 6 hook. I suppose the best way to start is to make one and test the guage? I'll do that now.
    Best wishes
    Daphne
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    welcome to our happy band

Chalky posted this one on the previous page is this what you are looking for
    chalky_75 wrote: »
    Well I crocheted eight inch squares yesterday

For me this simple method works. Very similar to tutorial on Attic 24
    Chain 4 ,join to make a loop. 12 trebles worked into the loop in sets of 3 with 1 chain in between each set. This makes the first round.
    Round 2 . -- Three trebles ( this forms 1/2 of a corner section and you will finish the round with 3 more trebles and 1 chain in the same space to complete the corner) Then working around the spaces between the sets of 3 trebles in the foundation row. Work 3 trebles 1 chain 3 trebles in each space . Each of these 4 sets makes 1 corner. Pull it slightly and you will have a square. See bracketed instructions to finish the round.

Work 9 rows in total obviously adding just 3 trebles in the spaces between the corner sets and for me it makes exactly an eight inch square - well as near as dammit!!
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • shazrobo
    shazrobo Posts: 3,313 Forumite
    shezmit wrote: »
    Don't worry about toy filling i got some pillow filling as i brought a couple inserts from wilkinsons which i use to fill boobs up i will send you a couple to keep you busy with the teddies end of next week will that be ok or do you need some filling before then???

shelley
    already stuffed the other teddies, just need some wen you send the bears
    thanks
    shaz x
    enjoy life, we only get one chance at it:)
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    mrs -m - ouch hope you are not too badly bruised - take care xx

mioliere - glad to hear you have a new boiler - would hate to think you had been left without that in the renovations xx
    Still I am a 30 something and I remember no central heating it was a coal fire that dad made up before going to work and mum lit it when she got up - & not duvets it was sheets and blankets (tucked so tight you could not move!) - I dont actually remember being cold in the house - my mum was told re: her asthma get rid of central heating & double glazing you are much more healthy with natural ventilation etc

serendisglair - love the frog - he is great xx

shezmit - do the angel pockets need to be 4ply as the one I did last year was quite bulky (didnt think it was right and so didnt send it to you) only I found a pattern for the same pocket but on an american site and it said 4 ply & thought agghhh is that where I was going wrong - if so what size needle ? Ta muchly xx

Just had to pop out (wade through the icy slushy muck!) and just brought Womens Weekly Knitting & Crochet Special (Jan edition) MIL brought the last one for me - bit naughty of me at 3.50 but looks like it has some good patterns.

Take care - I know its cold but the temp has dropped even more in the last hour - keep warm & safe all Jaqui xxx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • shezmit
    shezmit Posts: 781 Forumite
    Jacqui

Yes they can be done in 4ply as i know a few people have sent them done with 4ply i normally use DK and its fine as well, so its up to you
    Knitting for premature babies and babies that are born to soon :T
    TOTAL: 4 SANDS BLANKET, 18 CROCHETED BLANKETS, 4 GOWNS, 2 SLEEPING BAG (PRIVATE REQUEST), 1 BIB, 8 BOOBS, 3 CARDIES, 9 VENTS, 3 KNITTED BLANKETS, 1 PAIR OF BOOTIES, 1 HAT,
  • f1widow
    shelley - thanks for that I would prefer DK it must have been a thicker DK wool I used last year x

Has anyone on here knitted a Harry Hill Toy??? another DS & Friend request (I havent started Sackboy yet and he has also seen an Alan Dart Cheeky Monkey)

Thanks Jaqui x
  • f1widow
    Hi re: the Harry Hill toy knitting pattern - I found one on ebay (purchased for a charity auction for Troops in Afghanistan) - thanks ladies (if anyone wants it would be happy to email it - I asked the lady who designed the pattern if she would not mind it being used for charity purposes and she was only too pleased.

Whilst sending me the pattern the lady told me that the government want to scrap reduced/free posting to BFPO and they want people to sign a petition for this vital postage not to be scrapped so people can still write and send parcels to their loved ones anyone interested
    [EMAIL="http:/petitions.number10.gov.uk/saveBFPO"]http:/petitions.number10.gov.uk/saveBFPO[/EMAIL]
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2010 at 8:28PM
    Thanks for that f1widow, didn`t work when I clicked on it so have added
    clickable link to the petitionhere.
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/SaveBFPO/
    Have just signed up to it, son in law is in the RN.

Been having probs with the internet connection so have to catch up with what you`ve been up to.
    Finished another square today - did some housework first though, but not too much, just enough to pacify my concience.

These squares are getting a bit addictive - think it`s because I can use up some of the odd wee balls in the basket so I`ll be able to go out and buy some more to fill the holes !!!! Did I say that ?????

Back later once I catch up.

Elaine.x
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for that link, Elaine - I've just signed the petition. It's such a worthy cause.

Jacqui - have pm'd you!

Well, it's freezing cold here but we've not had any more snow - it's still being forecast, though. I've just been watching the news from home and it all looks really treacherous in the UK. I really hope that none of you are being badly affected by it.

I'm going to have a shower in a minute, then settle down with my wool.

Hope you all have a great - and warm - evening.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills