IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Northern Parking Services NtK Received

UpNorthUser
UpNorthUser Posts: 17 Forumite
What was the date of the parking infringement?
14/04/2017 - 19:22 (driver noted car park was very dark)

What was the date on the Notice to Keeper (NTK)? You may think of this as the first letter you received.
17/05/2017
What date did you receive the NTK?
18/05/2017

This letter wanting £100 in the next twenty eight days has arrived. from this company - ww.northernparkingservices.co.uk/court.html

If i pay by card they will also charge me £2.10 fee. The letter mentions I can appeal via their webpage or submit a further appeal to POPLA within 28 days of the date of rejection.

Somebody in government should be shutting these cowboys down. I am tempted to pay just to avoid stress and not having to appeal and possibly go to court, my time is worth more than the money but this is outrageous.

EDIT - It was at - Halfords Auto Centre, George Street, Newcastle - I'm informed some of the lights were not working and it was very dark.Take a look on google maps to see

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,638
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Somebody in government should be shutting these cowboys down.
    That's what MPs said the other week:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/parliament-discuss-unfair-parking.html

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2017-03-21/debates/382789C8-0168-4C4B-8260-0540AF83C7D3/DVLAAndPrivateCarParkingCompanies

And the Tories have said they will tackle rogue parking operators:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5652154

I am tempted to pay
    Nonononononononononononononononononooooooooooooooo!!! You will win at POPLA!

just to avoid stress and not having to appeal and possibly go to court, my time is worth more than the money but this is outrageous.
    We agree, that's why we give up our free time most days on here (after a full day's work, in my case and several others).

You can win this easily at POPLA. Follow the template written for you, in the NEWBIES thread. What would be outrageous on here is if a poster has read the NEWBIES thread, knows they are likely to easily win at POPLA, sees the template appeals already written, yet decides to sponsor the entire scam and fund the next PCNs by paying and joining the PPC, being complicit in supporting their little game.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • UpNorthUser
    edited 23 May 2017 at 4:13PM
    I'm putting in an appeal now on their website - signage for that location is very poor

UPDATE - their website says the following when I try to appeal via their page

"Unfortunately you are unable to appeal this charge at this time."
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I'm putting in an appeal now on their website - signage for that location is very poor

UPDATE - their website says the following when I try to appeal via their page

"Unfortunately you are unable to appeal this charge at this time."

Two points.

1. Just go as if you were to pay your ticket (but obviously don't pay it) and see if your charge is still showing. If for some reason it has been cancelled/erased/lost, it will show on that page as such - and this may be the reason why it's not allowing an appeal under your reference numbers.

2. More likely, there may be a hitch in their system and you might like to try again later. Just double-check your NtK to confirm the method(s) they require appeals to be made. If you continue to fail to be able to submit your appeal, fire off an email of complaint to the BPA and get them to sort their member out.

HTH
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • UpNorthUser
    I can pay via their website when I input the code i.e. it does find and show the details including pictures (also highlighting tiny signage many metres back from the car)

But I put the same code in to the appeals section it repeated the same message that I am unable to appeal the charge at this time.
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    I can pay via their website when I input the code i.e. it does find and show the details including pictures (also highlighting tiny signage many metres back from the car)

But I put the same code in to the appeals section it repeated the same message that I am unable to appeal the charge at this time.

Try again a few times over the next 24 hours. If no joy, you could email NPS (via their 'Contact Us' details - but don't phone!) and ask them what the problem is. Otherwise get the BPA involved.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• UpNorthUser
    I've e-mailed the BPA and will try as you say to get it to work. If I have no success by tomorrow afternoon I will e-mail them as you describe. Thanks.
    I've utilised google maps to get photos as evidence of incredibly poor signage which will hopefully aid me the keeper further on in this process. I've also saved their provided photos which highlights the cars exact positioning.
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    I've utilised google maps to get photos as evidence of incredibly poor signage which will hopefully aid me the keeper further on in this process. I've also saved their provided photos which highlights the cars exact positioning.
    How far away are you from the site? If it's a sensible distance, I'd go there and take my own photos. GSV can be showing images from a few years ago.

• UpNorthUser
    I did take my own photos and put an e-mail into them to appeal. They gave me an incorrect address to start with but I did finally get it sent via e-mail - went 25th May still awaiting something to come back via post or e-mail nothing so far......
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    went 25th May still awaiting something to come back via post or e-mail nothing so far......
    They have 14 days to acknowledge receipt (many don't, so not something to lose sleep over) and 35 days to respond with a cancellation or rejection (with POPLA code provided). Patience! :)

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,638
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I did take my own photos and put an e-mail into them to appeal. They gave me an incorrect address to start with but I did finally get it sent via e-mail - went 25th May still awaiting something to come back via post or e-mail nothing so far......

What, 4 working days later?! Hardly surprising for an appeal emailed last week. They have 35 days!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure