Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• snowscreamer
    snowscreamer Posts: 505 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2016 at 5:56PM
    Options
    Thanks for your advice cats and twigpig :)

So... I have some news... I caved in and tested right after I wrote that post this morning and got a TLP (I think!) I'm in shock. I'm very wary of a repeat of cats' story of her chemical pregnancy so planning on sticking around here for now and doing another test next weekend to confirm. Absolutely stunned!!
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2016 at 6:11PM
    Options
    A tentative congrats snowscreamer, at 15dpo, I hope it's a sticky. Feel free to stay as long as you like ;). Keep well and take it easy.....
    TTC #3..........
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations snowscreamer feel free to stick around as long as you like :)
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • Ratison
    Ratison Posts: 263 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Could be good news for you snowscreamer!

It's getting to be a tricky time for TTC and telling people I suppose. If we all get BFPs this month (fingers crossed), we'll have Christmas party season to get through which will be prior to any 12 week scans. A couple of friends know I'm trying, and I think others assume I am, but I don't want to talk about it much. It feels like tempting fate!

I'd like to go on the list please newthrift - today is CD8 and I've got some ovulation sticks ready to go. Was reading about the sperm meets egg plan which seems like a lot of DTD, but obviously I want to maximise my chances if I can. Might be something for next year if theverything next few months don't bring a BFP.
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 October 2016 at 4:46PM
    Options
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD31 newthrift - 9DPO :cool:
    CD33 LittleMissGiggle - 18DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD9 Ratison - Awaiting ov :o
    CD11 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD19 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD22 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD22 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD23 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD40 kira000 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD64 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD1 twigpig - Awaiting ov :ohttps://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/353d56/
    CD5 ButterflyBabe - Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD140 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Snowscreamer 15/10/16
    Firebird082 08/10/16
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed snowscreamer!!!!
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • snowscreamer
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Still in absolute disbelief but no bleeding in sight. And I am still experiencing odd twinges in the uterus area plus I realised I have been weeing more frequently lately... got Sunday dinner with my parents to get through later. Thinking of offering to make the G&Ts before dinner and leaving the G out of mine then refusing wine at dinner on the proviso of being designated driver (I would usually have one drink if driving so going teetotal will set alarm bells ringing with my sister for sure if not my parents!)

Definitely want to do another test though next weekend before getting too excited though. Just feel like it's too good to be true...
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    CD1 for me.... only managed to get to 10dpo. Will keep taking the vitamin b to help extend that and improve my chances. At least I know firmly my CD date...... lol
    TTC #3..........
  • snowscreamer
    Options
    After two days of mild nausea when eating, plus a sleepless night last night I am going to move up to the next thread. Feels a lot more real!

Best of luck everyone - advice has been invaluable and I hope to see you all soon in the next thread x
  • firebird082
    Options
    angel11 wrote: »
    I'm using a mindfulness app (thanks to whoever it was on here suggested HeadSpace, it's ace)

De-lurking to say glad it's helping! Ironically I haven't been using it regularly at all, must go back as I still think it will be helpful...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback