PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

1582583584585586588»

Comments

• pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I'm looking forward to joining the new thread. Life ultimately got in the way with this year's efforts, but I can still see the fruits of my labour with all I achieved in the summer.

Today I have got shot of some digital clutter. deleted a load of emails, and updated mailing preferences to stem the tide of advertising emails tempting me to buy things I didn't know I needed.
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all, big hugs Loopychriss :A

Re a new thread I'll message our OP (charlie's mum) about creating a new thread :j
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • Hi everyone

New thread started, it's called Decluttering 2013, the saga continues.

Hope someone can link this one to it.

Hope to be more involved this year, and make a dent in my clutter mountain :j
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    new thread can be found HERE
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • dannie
    dannie Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post First Anniversary
    Hi December declutterers,

Just a note to say "thanks" for including me this month as well as for your posts. Since my last post, not been as motivated, so will summarise a few last examples of decluttering.

1) My decluttering became more routine household tasks perhaps as a result of money saving tasks that tend to create a mess.

2) Other examples are simply reusing stored items before disposal of them but I tend to carry on collecting the same.

3) All collected garden seeds filed away.

4) Recycled or reused some Xmas packaging e.g. lined a shelf and a windowsill.

5) Used up two containers of bits of motor oil.

6) Dried felt tip and biro thrown away.

Good luck if you are continuing "the saga" in 2013.
  • Hi fellow declutterers.I've not been around for quite a while as busy with lots of other things and Christmas of course.I hope that you all had a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas.

I had a list of all that I'd decluttered-achieved during the massive tidy up session before my family came over for a few days at Christmas.I've lost the bit of paper,but I think that I reached my modest target of 25.I've also recycled a huge amount of paper packaging-I've gone through all my herbal teas and put them in a few storage tins so lots more space in the kitchen cupboards.

Looking back,I feel happy with what I've achieved on the decluttering front this year.I think that I'd like to carry on decluttering next year and will have a think about my target.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport