Tesco Bank Account - Earn Double Clubcard point?

Options
I recently saw that my opening a Tesco current account, I'd get double Clubcard points when using the card to pay at Tesco.

I just did my first shop (only £5.25) but noticed on the receipt I earned 5 points - which seems like the standard amount?

I didn't use my Clubcard in the store, just the Tesco bank card.

Do the points get added on later or do I have to do anything to claim those points?

Thanks!

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    They get added later.

It's a separate transaction on your clubcard account, once Tesco Bank have processed the transaction.
  • BatchedMetting
    Options
    Thanks! Any idea how long it takes, so I can look out for it? Cheers
    :money:
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks! Any idea how long it takes, so I can look out for it? Cheers
    :money:

A couple of days in my experience. I'd allow a few extra because of the weekend in between, but I'd say you should be able to see them by logging into your clubcard account by mid week.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I disagree. They will be shown straight away, but (like using a Tesco Credit Card), they won't show up as Clubcard points, they'll be itemised as TPF points TPF + Tesco Personal Finance). When the points get converted into vouchers, you'll need at least 50 TPF points to convert into a voucher labelled Tesco Bank (as long as you have at least 100 ordinary Clubcard points.
    In a couple of days the next receipt, will show previous total - including TPF points.
    HTHs
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • antrobus
    Options
    no1catman wrote: »
    I disagree. They will be shown straight away, but (like using a Tesco Credit Card), they won't show up as Clubcard points, they'll be itemised as TPF points TPF + Tesco Personal Finance). When the points get converted into vouchers, you'll need at least 50 TPF points to convert into a voucher labelled Tesco Bank (as long as you have at least 100 ordinary Clubcard points.
    In a couple of days the next receipt, will show previous total - including TPF points.
    HTHs

The debit card points transaction will be backdated but it takes a couple of days to appear on your online clubcard account.

I am looking at mine now. There are 'ordinary' points awarded for a 24/09 spend, but no debit card points award as yet.
  • BatchedMetting
    Options
    I also noticed that if you pay using the Tesco Pay+ app, you get 1 extra Clubcard point for every £4 you spend in Tesco until 14/01/2018.

Do you think if I attached my Tesco bank card to this app, I'd get that 1 extra point, plus the ones from using my Tesco bank card to pay?
  • BatchedMetting
    Options
    I'm just checking my account online on the Clubcard website.

For 23/09/2017 there are two enteries:

23/09/2017 CLUBCARD DEBIT CARD - TESCO SPEND £26.64 26
    23/09/2017 TESCO xxxxxx £26.64 26

With a different card number for each.

Does this mean I earned double points for that transaction?

Thanks,
  • antrobus
    Options
    I'm just checking my account online on the Clubcard website.

For 23/09/2017 there are two enteries:

23/09/2017 CLUBCARD DEBIT CARD - TESCO SPEND £26.64 26
    23/09/2017 TESCO xxxxxx £26.64 26

With a different card number for each.

Does this mean I earned double points for that transaction?

Thanks,
    \

Yes.

And yes again.
  • BatchedMetting
    Options
    I emailed Tesco and they said I would earn extra points for using the Pay+ app on top of the Tesco Bank Account card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure