No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016

Comments

• I have some INs to declare:

Samples/freebies
    Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser
    Decker Aroma Cleanse Toner
    Clarks Botanicals Soothing Marine Cream
    Creme de la mer treatment lotion, eye balm, moisturising soft cream (I know I lucked out despite it being very clear I cannot afford such creams!!)
    Decker intense glow for eyes
    Decker facial oils x2
    Aromatherapy deep relax shower oil
    Laura Mercier primer
    Hourglass lipstick (tiny and so cute!!
    Victor and Rolf flower bomb

Non free ins
    Body shop lip balm. Only paid £1 due to voucher and the 3for2 so also got soap and hand cream for Christmas present
    Emma Hardie cleansing balm (I couldn't do without it!!)
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Another UU : LUSH King of Skin. Another of Emma's abandoned items. WDBA. Don't like the concept of putting body lotion on in shower. Was nice and moisturising though.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • UU Burt Bees Lip Balm Pomegranate. Where has the week gone, so glad the weekend is nearly here. Need me a pamper:)
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    UU
    Soap & Glory The Daily Smooth Body Butter 50ml - This was great and lasted longer than I thought. It was a bit difficult to get the last of the product out but I managed to use all of it. Loved the scent. WDBA but got lots of body lotion in the stash. Have replaced this with an Avon strawberry body lotion.

I too am in need of a pamper so I'm glad to have the whole of next week off work!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • I have a couple of UUs

Sample of aromatherapy associates relax bath/shower oil. I used this in the shower, I must admit to not being sure about the scent at first but it did make me feel super relaxed. However money would have to be no object to buy I think- I don't think you'd get hundreds of uses and a full bottle is very expensive! Might try to make my own using some of my essential oils...

TBS camomile eye makeup remover. WNBA felt overly oily and hard to wipe off.

Any recommendations for eye makeup removers?
  • 1 UU, Hada Labi Gokujyun super hyaluronic acid lotion. WBA. Really like this, is nice and hydrating. I have a few serums in my stash which I would like to use up first, but if I really miss it I will purchase again, but would prefer to wait until I'm out of everything else.
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
  • UU Burt Bees Lip Balm Pomegranate. Where has the week gone, so glad the weekend is nearly here. Need me a pamper:)

I'm almost finished a tube of this :) really like it.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 13/53 UU, 11 IN
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have a couple of UUs

Sample of aromatherapy associates relax bath/shower oil. I used this in the shower, I must admit to not being sure about the scent at first but it did make me feel super relaxed. However money would have to be no object to buy I think- I don't think you'd get hundreds of uses and a full bottle is very expensive! Might try to make my own using some of my essential oils...

TBS camomile eye makeup remover. WNBA felt overly oily and hard to wipe off.

Any recommendations for eye makeup removers?

If you like aromatherapy things have a look at Tisserand, they are lovely and much more affordable.

I have a uu

Elemis Lime & Ginger Hand & Body Wash 250ml - this is lovely but too expensive to consider buying again.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi :hello: I have bought the Loccitane one. First time I have ever got one so I'm hoping I'm not disappointed, thought I would treat myself as I have already finished buying presents.

On another note, has anyone used Yves Rocher and what do you think of it? I keep getting emails and the bits look lovely but wondering if it is a false economy. Thankyou

I used to buy from them and enjoyed the products, although some of them seem to be a lot more expensive than they were when I shopped with them. I might treat myself when I get through my stash. I notice that French YouTubers seem to always have Yves Rocher in their hauls (and rave about them) so I assume they are a well-regarded brand over there.
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    I seem to be using things up pretty quickly recently which I'm really pleased about. I've got through another mini bottle I had on holiday with me.

UU
    OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner 88.7ml - I really liked this - wonderful scent and really softening on my hair. This is definitely one of the best I've used. It lasted a while as well even for a small amount. WDBA but got an OGX larger sized bottle in the stash.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure