Advice & Recomendations required

Options
Hi I'm not sure where to write this post but here goes. Has anyone gone down the no win no fee for an accident claim? If so would you recommend the Company you dealt with and what proportion of the claim did they keep?
I am recovering from a fall into a road works hole which resulted in a compound fracture to the ankle. The narrow continual channel had flimsy plastic barriers to stop the public accessing the area but some kind soul had moved them to take a shortcut. The barriers should have been of a more sturdy type that is bolted together to stop this happening. Ok I accept partial responsibility but feel there is room for a complaint and compensation. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks for reading.
Dave

Comments

• Greta_Sharbo
    Options
    What happened when you made the complaint?
  • paddyandstumpy
    Options
    So someone moves a barrier to create a shortcut, I presume you then used that shortcut and now want compensayshun for being a plank?
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You're almost certainly not going to get any worthwhile advice here. Unfortunately on these boards many of the regular contributors are only interested in blaming the poster, as has already been shown.

You may find better advice asking in any local Facebook groups.
  • stuartJo1989
    Options
    You're almost certainly not going to get any worthwhile advice here. Unfortunately on these boards many of the regular contributors are only interested in blaming the poster, as has already been shown.

You may find better advice asking in any local Facebook groups.

Well, OP admitted that they were "partially responsible", so it isn't unfair to blame OP to a degree.

It is actually helpful to "blame" the OP here because they'll get an understanding of how third parties may view this whole scenario. Including no win, no fee companies who may not pick up the case if it doesn't look viable.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Check if you have any legal cover on your home insurance or union membership?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure