Options

Comments

• StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    edited 22 May 2017 at 11:45AM
    Options
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi StopIt (and others)

Ahh, that's frustrating to hear. Although Green Star believed it had got to the bottom of the issue on Friday, unfortunately there seem to still be a few technical gremlins. It has confirmed to us this morning that its techies are hard at work on this; we're highlighting this as a priority issue for our users to be fixed.

We're also flagging the email response concerns and will keep pushing until we see a step-up on this.

Thank you for your swift reply.

You couldn't supply us energy could you? You've been a better CS rep for us than the energy supplier you're covering for!

I think the last bit is actually the critical bit. Anyone who has had issues at work with a computer system and had their tech team declare an IT issue fixed knows that it likely isn't.

However, not replying to correspondence, especially as they've meant to have had a dedicated team for this switch is disappointing and something that you guys need to push hard to make sure they step up and provide the service they not only should be giving but presumably promised to you as part of the collective deal.

Edit: To Kevlar above.

My password for Green Star is 12 characters long so not sure why your password manager is kicking it off. You're correct IRT the APP too.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • KevlarSmartypants
    Options
    Thx Stopit, The greenstar website gave an error when I tried a long pwd, specified 8 mixed chars. I use keepass cause I'm a cheapskate :D, it's free, but my version is dumb and I have to copy/paste pwds.
    StopIt wrote: »
    My password for Green Star is 12 characters long so not sure why your password manager is kicking it off.
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Green_Star_Energy Posts: 59 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi All,

I am sorry to here that you are not happy with our service so far.

A few little points that I would like to address in order to help your switch over to Green Star Energy run more smoothly. When a customer switches utility providers it can take up to 10 working days after the go live date for the provider to obtain the meter technical details.

When a customer initialing submits there opening meter reads we ask that you submit these within the first 5 days. I am aware however that the online accounts are showing the error "Submit meter read is not available until a meter is linked to your account" this is due to the delay we are receiving from the industry in receiving your meter technical details. If you can contact our customer service line or send us an email we are more than happy to record these for you on our end.

Your online accounts should work efficiently once we have received all of your meter technical details.

I hope that this has answered your queries in regards to submitting your meter reads.

Thank you
    Megan
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • StopIt
    Options
    Hi All,

I am sorry to here that you are not happy with our service so far.

A few little points that I would like to address in order to help your switch over to Green Star Energy run more smoothly. When a customer switches utility providers it can take up to 10 working days after the go live date for the provider to obtain the meter technical details.

When a customer initialing submits there opening meter reads we ask that you submit these within the first 5 days. I am aware however that the online accounts are showing the error "Submit meter read is not available until a meter is linked to your account" this is due to the delay we are receiving from the industry in receiving your meter technical details. If you can contact our customer service line or send us an email we are more than happy to record these for you on our end.

Your online accounts should work efficiently once we have received all of your meter technical details.

I hope that this has answered your queries in regards to submitting your meter reads.

Thank you
    Megan

Like my comments to the MSE rep here, this isn't the main concern.

Can you confirm that someone at Green Star is actually looking at and indeed processing the meter reads given by e-mail as instructed? Lots of us have yet have had no indication that you've seen, acknowledged or actioned these reads to confirm they're correct and added to our accounts.

Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Options
    Hi StopIt,

We have a team working on emails daily. Once your meter reading is submitted, we will contact you via email. There may be a small delay in replying, however it is the quickest way for peace of mind to know that your meter reads have been recorded.

After you first meter reads you will not have to call the customer service line each time to submit a meter read you will have the flexibility to use your online account or the automated phone line.

Thank you, Megan
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • StopIt
    Options
    Hi StopIt,

We have a team working on emails daily. Once your meter reading is submitted, we will contact you via email. There may be a small delay in replying, however it is the quickest way for peace of mind to know that your meter reads have been recorded.

After you first meter reads you will not have to call the customer service line each time to submit a meter read you will have the flexibility to use your online account or the automated phone line.

Thank you, Megan

I can confirm I have had an e-mail reply now acknowledging the meter reads.

I'm now going to forget about the thing for a while and let my DD handle the money side.

• vintagebrighton
    Options
    Went with this company last year and all seemed fine. Their website is awful but willing to overlook that.

I didn't change once the 12 months was up as I knew I would be moving. That's when the problems started. Final readings given, account in credit by £162 so I cancelled my DD, emailed to explain moving etc as I couldn't find that facility on their appalling site.

Moved out and that's when it all went a bit t*ts up! Started getting letters about my cancelled DD threatening bad credit ratings etc. Rang them, sorted it out (I thought) although they did say it would take 30 days to produce a final bill then 30 days for a refund!

Today two more threatening letters and no response yet to any of my emails. I get the impression it's not going to be easy to get my money back. Glad I took a screenshot.

They were good to start with but it appears the service has deteriorated as they've got bigger. Happens to a lot of these small suppliers.

VB x

As there seems to be a Green Star Energy rep on this thread I thought I'd repost the above.

It's not all about the current switch and meter readings.

Why do Green Star refuse to refund until they've taken 30 days to produce a new bill and a further 30 days to process the refund?

Is there a problem with giving customers their money back? If not, why is an automated system so awful?

Would appreciate a helpful response!

VB x
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Options
    As there seems to be a Green Star Energy rep on this thread I thought I'd repost the above.

It's not all about the current switch and meter readings.

Why do Green Star refuse to refund until they've taken 30 days to produce a new bill and a further 30 days to process the refund?

Is there a problem with giving customers their money back? If not, why is an automated system so awful?

Would appreciate a helpful response!

VB x

Hi Vintagbrighton
    Thank you for reposting. With regards to the production of a final bill, this process can take up to 6 weeks within the industry, although it is mostly completed well in advance of this, due to the exchange of information between the two suppliers and industry verification. We are unable to refund the final balance until the final bill has been produced. From this point, once requested, your refund should be processed with 14 days, so it would appear that the agent may have been a little overcautious with suggesting 30 days.
    Apologies, SB
  • vintagebrighton
    Options
    Thanks for your speedy response.

I'm really not trying to be difficult but there will be no 'exchange of information'. I'm not switching, I'm closing the account.

Also, if you can just clarify for me - you say 'once requested' my refund should be processed within 14 days - does this mean, I wait for the final bill, then I have to ring and request my money?

That's a piece of information I wasn't given! Maybe it was in an email I didn't get because no-one responded to any I've sent :)

VB x
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Options
    Thanks for your speedy response.

I'm really not trying to be difficult but there will be no 'exchange of information'. I'm not switching, I'm closing the account.

Also, if you can just clarify for me - you say 'once requested' my refund should be processed within 14 days - does this mean, I wait for the final bill, then I have to ring and request my money?

That's a piece of information I wasn't given! Maybe it was in an email I didn't get because no-one responded to any I've sent :)

VB x
    Apologies for the misunderstanding, please email the details to mse@mygreenstarenergy.com and i will try and get this finalised for you.

Best, SB
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback