Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    bubbs wrote: »
    Debenhams Lounge & Sleep White pastel fleece hooded dressing gown RRP £30 plus free delivery £9.00 today with code XXX Remembered to remove it:p
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/debenhams-lounge-sleep-white-pastel-fleece-hooded-dressing-gown-rrp-30-plus-free-2526643

Good buy bubbs only 16-18 sizes left
    TM did you see jordans 1/2 price in t from tomorrow?

Yes!!!!:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 October 2016 at 9:07PM
    :hello: I think yesterday in M was the biggest amount of change I've ever seen. I hesitate over posting suggesting a lot of change, as someone may assume I'm unable to cope with it. However, the important difference is that this was planned change, which I knew about in advance as likely to happen, so I'm absolutely fine in dealing with adapting to this. I think some of it may arise from having so many different stores now contributing extra items and more information. I knew it was going to be a changeover day so I started off at one store and then went to a second store that would add to that and give me the full range of items (or as full as I get) - whereas sometimes they are probably going onto offer and then me picking them up on a later occasion rather than having all the details to update all at once.

This time, however, it is frankly clear that I will not be able to update the list and then take everything to the stores tomorrow, for the Wednesday collection date, in order to check the entire lot again. I'm afraid that I will miss something:eek: if I don't have the list updated to check. It's normally the items that have just gone onto offer that I initially fail to notice, then come out of the first store, check through a copy of my list to see what I've missed and then go back and get the details that I can. However, this time, because of being afraid I'll forget them, I've actually looked at the new items on my sheets of paper, so that I will probably remember them now: I'm so petrified of forgetting about those Heinz 40g soup packets on 2 for 70p that that information is now lodged firmly in my head and I won't be able to forget it now:rotfl:. It's probably the regular items that I will now forget:rotfl::rotfl:.

What I'm doing: It's obvious that I'm not going to be able to update the list so I think I will just take what information I have and get whatever I get tomorrow and then add Monday and Wednesday together. Little is going to change between the two days and, if I miss something, I will just give the latest information that I have and indicate that it was from Monday when I come to updating the list. However, it's being done slowly and carefully and I'll just end up with even more to update, when I add the layer of Wednesday onto the top of all from yesterday. Then I've not much time, if at all, on this thread tomorrow in any event. I think the updating is going to get done from Thursday to Sunday.

There's obviously so much from yesterday that I can't mention much at all: if I mention something, then I will fail to mention something else that has changed that ought to have been mentioned so I would have to mention the whole lot and, of course, that's impossible as that would take up all the same time as updating the whole list - in other words it is not going to get done in one night! However, I will mention that the world foods Yutaka products are off (or at least gone up in price in M due to offers ending) - I mention this because it stands out to me, probably because I think of them as being more "obscure" items - and of course I like my obscurities and rarities. If they are normal and widely bought items, then they are more mundane (so actually the stuff that's of more wide use to more people I fail to mention), although these products might be commonly bought items to some people.

I think there are two things that I should mention, and therefore I now do so: M has been having a clear out of its M Signature range - or at least on some of them, moving to new M Signature products, sometimes of identical description, on different BCs (and of course full price for the new version). Some of the products have already appeared on the list, either as themselves or as A's Extra Special version for Avs M, but it's now clear there is a wider clear out and several of the clearance products in M have now gone down to even cheaper prices than last week.

For example, the M Signature extract products (38ml), already on the list, have now gone down (where stores still have them available), from 50p to 25p. So I'm sorry I had you paying double the price for them last week if you followed my list and bought them then:(. They looked good, but it now turns out they were a massive overpayment. I notice that online (msm) is now showing higher prices - it's showing them as having gone to £1! I think what's happening, judging by other items on which I've found two different versions - the old clearance BC stock and the new:( version - is that the new product now has its price online so that's why it has gone up on there. I think you need to find the old stock still around and then the cheaper price will apply. Or maybe, if you have a SEL of just the RTC price, you may be able to get a new version, if that is there, that will inevitably scan at much higher price and then via CS etc. to get what the SEL suggests it should be.

I see a significant problem now however with potential APG, for example if the Assam Tea is comparable from A (I can't remember, it might not be), I think the price collectors are likely to pick up £2 as the price on the new version, as that price now showing on the SELs in more of my Ms than had the now old price up, rather than the 50p RTC price. I think the reduced clearance version (old BC) is 50p, judging by SELs not from any scanning, but will now be much rare, -whilst M have now brought in a new version:(:(:( of M Signature Assam Tea at full price. The English Breakfast Tea also has a full price new version, however the new version is 100 cups whereas the old was 50. So, on that, there should not be (unless it exists at some store I didn't visit) a full price SEL on the same description as the old product that then potentially overrules the price on that by being found more common. Indeed, the old version (50 cups) has gone down further, now to 38p. However, I now see that it is rare to come across in M - I was already OOS in two stores last week when it was at 50p but now I have it in one fewer M, so I think it's less likely to work on the APG now:(.

Where "new" versions exist that are the same pack size as the old one, the APG will probably greatly risk picking up the higher prices now, the full prices that apply to the new stock, as that new stock will be found more common:(. There's two different versions of M Signature Meringue Nests - the old (clearance) stock - I'll have the BC much later, when I go through the sheets of information - has now gone to 38p, down from 50p last week - however in my store I've now found the clearance version in a separate place to the main normal aisles (and I believe APG collectors check only the normal aisles) and I have the new version, on much higher price of £1.16 or whatever it is, in several stores in the main aisles. Basically, I see real problems with APG, whichever way, as either they've likely to have a new version of the same description at full price in more stores or they are now unlikely, or much less likely than last week, to have the products at any of their stores at all now as they have already cleared from more stores, now gone even cheaper and are now in fewer stores than what they were:(.

Nonetheless these are what you should be looking for in M (you may have some of these):

Well, anything of M Signature range that I don't have:rotfl:. There's also, in one of my stores, btw, promotional material that says there are 200 More points on all M Signature items at the moment - in other words 20p - not sure if this 20p applies to the clearance products on their RTCs - it ought to if they are saying that the points apply to all products - if the points do apply then it could, in effect, make the products even cheaper (if you ever use the points) - I think multiple purchases of the same item might not count however, which may be why, on points promotions elsewhere, I sometimes have either the mbuy pricing and no points details showing or a straight individual price and the points.

M Signature products:
    Extracts 38ml, already on the list, have now gone to 25p (it seems they are the 'old' versions judging by msm)
    Meringue Nests 8 pack 38p
    Mini Meringue Shells 16 pack 39p
    Balsamic Vinegar of Modena now gone to 50p
    Sweet Pastry Cases 175g now gone to 41p, but APG likely to pick £2 as that's the price on the new version (full price SEL appears to be more commonplace judging from my six stores yesterday):(
    I think the Tartlets are in the same situation - old now 41p (or whatever price I'll later probably come across in my pages) but new version £2:(.
    Chutney products - Hot Chilli Jam, Spiced Apple & Pear, Fruit Balsamic etc. are 35p for the old BCs but most people, I suspect, will have full price versions at £1.46 (that M now seem to me to be trying to encourage purchase of by the 200 More points - avoid, as the RTC products were 70p/50p before, therefore getting you to pay £1.26 - or in fact full £1.46 and then 20p points which they keep and remain with them as long as you don't build up £5 and then spend it (with them, so that they keep the money again!) - it's obviously paying over the odds to pay £1.46 instead of the 35p RTC versions.

The above items are all already on the list, but there are now some further products that I've seen:

Ethiopian Roast & Ground Coffee 227g, 75p
    Guatemalan Roast & Ground Coffee 227g, 75p
    Salt & Black Pepper Hand Cooked Crisps 150g, 38p

A number of 100g chocolate bars at 34p
    Ready to Use Beef Stock 500g 37p
    Probably a Chicken version that I haven't come across again yet
    There are some frozen prawns at 98p and £1 that now make the Whitby frozen prawns seem extremely expensive.
    Gruyere & Poppy Seed Twists 125g 38p
    Crackers for Cheese 250g 38p
    Also some Italian Cantuccini Biscuits 150g 20p (may already be on the list, may not be, can't remember if last week's higher RTC price was too expensive for me or not)
    Cheese Crispies 100g 38p

I suspect the 200g Cookies may also have gone down further than their 80p RTC price of last week if they are still around somewhere (and products always are, in my experience).

The products could be in normal aisles of the stores or could be somewhere else in the store.

M Pavlova Base is 38p RTC but I don't think that's an M Signature item.

Completely separately, and this irrelevant, there's also a new version of (not an M Signature product) M Dishwasher Freshener. I last saw the old version at £1, or whatever price is on my list - it went OOS online and disappeared from msm, however although it had gone from several Ms for me, I still found in a store whilst going on my trips around stores. I now have a new:(:( version: (I think it's now Lemon & Lime instead of Lemon, but whatever, different design and logo completely) in one store and it is £1.80:(. Oops, I'm now mentioning three separate general matters rather than two:rotfl:.

The final matter (second or third!) is about the bottles of alcohol that have been on (and still are, somewhere!) RTC. These include Gordon's Cucumber 70cl, Greenalls Wild Berry Gin 70cl, Jim Beam Apple 70cl, Parrot Bay Strawberry, Parrot Bay whatever the other one is, Bacardi Negra 70cl, Bacardi Fuego 70cl, Bacardi Spiced Oakheart 70cl, this all from memory so could be wrong:rotfl: - you can see how many times I've had to go through several stores to continue to find them and carried them over and over to such an extent that I now remember them - I suspect that they have now largely gone from M and therefore this is the point at which I am saying no-go on the APG as I think it's very likely that they will no longer be in the collection stores or that it's most likely that they have lost many of them and we don't know which - also the 500ml bottles - M Signature Stout, Golden Ale etc. - I had all except the product that should be comparable from A last time - though it should still have been around somewhere - just happened to pick six stores that didn't have it - but this time I have now lost all of them - they are going to be around, random one probably in some M, but they have now largely gone for me. The branded bottles (Badger's etc) are still around more generally and I'm not yet at the same stage with those.

As to the spirits, I think last time I had just Gordon's Cucumber (which I didn't have at all the previous collection but had all the other ones - I am using a different set of stores every time), the Parrot Bays, one of the Bacardis (Fuego or Negra, I forget which) and Bailey's Orange Truflle SEL but no stock. This time I don't have the Gordon's Cucumber or the Bacardis:rotfl: but I have the Greenall's Wild Berry Gin that I didn't have last time, that I therefore suggested that you might be lucky if you can find it, though obviously I did have that previously as well.

So, I have Greenall's Wild Berry Gin physically in evidence and can therefore confirm that that was definitely still available in an M yesterday - and, at that point, before I reached other stores, I was originally going to say that therefore I suspect that every one of the other bottles will still be available at some M or another and therefore I am leaving the entire lot on my list (but probably moving them all to 'buy in M' now as all of them are largely gone, in that they are now more difficult to find, if you choose random stores, and the ones I am finding are appearing haphazardly) and therefore - I was going to say - I suspect someone has the £10 Bailey's somewhere - am I right?:D

However, I now know for a fact that, indeed, some M did have the £10 Bailey's Orange Truffle still available (or now available, if it was not before) in stock yesterday. So, I have found that still around - last week I had no stock and not much trace anymore of the product and suspected that the weekend before would have cleared it out of many store - however, as half-expected, it has still not gone completely. So you may still be able to get it if you are lucky - I found it yesterday in Northampton at Morrisons Kettering Road - :doh:it'll probably disappear from there completely now I've mentioned this!:rotfl: I think they must still have had some stock in the store that they've now brought out and I think it's likely that that won't be the only store that will have it, although it is now, seemingly, more rare. Or, maybe it's not - maybe I was just 'unlucky' in my stores on it last week (and for all I know, the store with the SEL, which I thought was just a SEL that had been randomly left up, could still have had more stock although it wasn't out on the shelf)?

Anyway, I think it's the M Signature products that I have mentioned and maybe others that may be useful. The frozen prawns, if you can find them, will be very cheap - as will many of the other items. The Crisps 150g and the Crackers for Cheese (Cheese Cracker Selection) may come in useful, if you can find those - I was helped on the Crackers by a £1.50 RTC SEL on the stock in the main aisle - I found the lower price SEL elsewhere in the store but with no stock alongside it:rotfl:. So, if you don't find the product next to the SEL you see, maybe it is in the regular aisle after all and you can find it there?:rotfl: Or maybe elsewhere in the store, on one of the ends, if you were already looking in the aisle.

And remember to check the RTC shelf too - there's other items on those and store-specific that I wasn't really that much interested in - fwiw, I did manage to pick up some cheap washing powder - you won't find it necessarily in your M and it was the only one left in my chosen store so there's no point me telling you where it was - and found some long-life juice drink - Cranberry 1L, there were lots - long date - at 39p - there was also Cranberry & Blueberry and Cranberry & Raspberry - at Northampton Town Centre. They also had some of the Heather plant pots at store-specific 5p there. They do knock down various plants, at various prices, in different places, so just depends what you can get. Also I have Bisto Rich Gravy Paste (seems to be 112.5ml sachet) at 23p in this store. And M Signature Belgian Thins - forgot to mention those - 60p national RTC no good:rotfl: - store specific stock at 39p in Northampton Town Centre. So, another point to bear in mind again: these national RTC prices are on items that you can often find cheaper on RTC shelf stock on a store-specific basis (they knock them down even further on RTC but only on store specific stickered basis).

I don't think I'll even start the list updating tonight. There is just so much that has changed and I'll see what I can add to it tomorrow (and that information itself, unfortunately, will then take me at least another day before I can mention it). So, just to be aware that the list is out of date and I think it now needs a complete revision.

I can't do much tonight, I've now got other stuff to sort, so I will see you later:rotfl::wave:.:)
  • locarr wrote: »
    Got 8 bottles of Hardys shiraz today @£23

along with
    Free Optiwell yogurt drink 1L - all varieties £1.80
    spacer.gif
    Free Blind Pig cider 355ml - all varieties £1.99 spacer.gif
    Free Westons cider cans 330ml £1.99
    added a hipp baby food and some paracetamol to take the total over £30 for cond spend

14695551_1405711862789693_6138962627400620885_n.jpg?oh=c9c02529f6e697721ce7557d60cbc950&oe=58A476EE

Did you manage to convince T that they should print your receipt out as Cabernet Sauvignon MERLOT ;):D
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 11 October 2016 at 9:01PM
    I'm sorry, the Crackers for Cheese are 250g, not 125g, at 38p, I've just checked the packs, that was from memory, so they are even better!:rotfl:

I've gone and amended my post. Is bubbs now around with these deals now ready to come over from hotdeals?:think::rotfl:

See you later:wave:.
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    davemorton wrote: »
    :rotfl: strangely enough, I had the very same last week.
    I trust it was an out of date one. Ours was a Tesco Finest one dated March 16. I think there was some sort of pricing error which combined well with an Orchard campaign last year. We'll be having it again tomorrow :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    The Body Shop Sale online 50% off plus additional 40% off with code
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/body-shop-sale-online-50-off-plus-additional-40-off-with-code-2526675
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Savvybuyer
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    A v T

2x ASDA Chosen By You New Potatoes in Water (540G) £1.30 £1.14
    1x Birds Eye 14 Chicken Fingers (350G) £1.50 £1.00
    1x Goodfella's Pepproni Deep Pan Baked Pizza (419GR) £2.50 £2.00
    2x ASDA Traditional Sausages & Mash (400G) £2.80 £2.00

Can anyone get the 10 pack Chicken Fingers in M at 50p? Are they still in that store in Coventry with the price crunch label and lack of SEL?:rotfl:
    Clearly, I was wrong before to have 14 pack vs M at £1.50:eek: but I've noticed T at £1 several days ago and thanks for giving it notice - thanks for that comparison:)!:T
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Aau can i check if cs receipt has uploaded? on cos you can

The activity page used to be quite useful for that but i can't expand on each receipt to see what offers were redeemed anymore so it's not that great now. It used to show pending claims but doesn't do that for me anymore. Not sure if it's just my browser or if it's the same for everyone

https://www.quidco.co.uk/activity/clicksnap
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    aau1 wrote: »
    The activity page used to be quite useful for that but i can't expand on each receipt to see what offers were redeemed anymore so it's not that great now. It used to show pending claims but doesn't do that for me anymore. Not sure if it's just my browser or if it's the same for everyone

https://www.quidco.co.uk/activity/clicksnap

Thanks last one there says 28/9:cool:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    If anyone's collecting sweet sunday codes they need to be claimed by the 13th!

Looks like i'm buying maltesers tomorrow to complete my last claim. Like i ever need an excuse to buy maltesers :rotfl:
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure