Cross Stitch Cafe - stitching out of 2012 and into 2013...

Options

Comments

• flowerofscotland
    Options
    JCS1 wrote: »
    Louise - I'm sure your mother will love it, and no doubt there will be a few tears too with the meaning (the first year always seem the worst, though it's 16 years since my Dad and sometimes it feels like yesterday)

Caroline - hope he gets well soon

Ailsb - glad it arrived safely and that you like it :D

Mine not arrived yet, but I am rural and post doesn't arrive until after 2pm, so there's plenty of time yet.

I was Christmas shopping in Bakewell at the weekend - which is always dangerous as Wye Needlecraft is there :rotfl: And ended up treating myself to this Design Works Kit, not something I would normally go for but just thought it was a stunning design

$(KGrHqV,!iUE+Qn0NpCQBQKo-PqQ(!~~60_12.JPG

Still not decided what to sew next, will have to have a look through tonight.

Hope everyone is ok with the cold and snow.

J
    Love this design.
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    Yeah I just remembered!

So what's everyone got planned for there 1st stitch of 2013?

That's got me thinking .......

I've done a bit more on my Christmas Cheer project which is supposed to be finished for 12 12 12 which is only a week away:eek:
  • flowerofscotland
    flowerofscotland Posts: 2,447 Forumite
    edited 6 December 2012 at 12:20AM
    Options
    Are we posting photos of the card we received tomorrow or waiting until they all arrive?
  • sk00bie1
    sk00bie1 Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just read back and the original plan was to post pictures on the 7th (tomorrow). I don't suppose it matters doing it one day later?

I'm dying to see everyones cards though :rotfl:

My 2013 stitching plan looks like this;

1) Do Snowflake Sonata, Be Jolly & the decorations I haven't yet finished as I've had the threads/kits etc sitting around for ages and they are bugging me!

2) Do the patchwork horse design as a birth sampler for my friend (one of my bridesmaids :eek:) who's due in May.

3) Start a HAED, likely Winged Companions although I'll probably change my mind. Am not going to buy any more though (I've got 5! :rotfl:) until I at least start one.

4) Had a thought that I want to do this for our wedding in April, so I'd better put it down! I don't know though, is it bad form to do a sampler for your own wedding?

After these are done I'm just going to keep working though 'The List'

Am so glad your card arrived F_E, was starting to worry I hadn't weighed it right :o Am glad you like it too, after I'd stitched it I saw you post that they were your favourite subject so I mentally high-fived myself at my choice of design :beer:

Don't think my angel is going to be done for 12.12.12, but I suppose you never know, I might pull my finger out and get everything done really fast :A
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger No. 26 :hello:
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
    -- Snowflake Sonata -- Be Jolly -- JE Unicorn -- Start HAED!!! --
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi ladies.

Louise. When I need you is lovely, I really like the border incorporating your parents names. I'm sure your Mum will treasure it.

Elle. If I was making a small order of threads I'd buy one skein and swap it when needed between each design but if I was buying a 'deal' of say 50 threads and added up I needed only 45 threads, I'd buy more of the shared colours to make it to 50 so that I wouldn't have to do too much swapping between designs.....IYKWIM.

JCS. Really like your new Design Works kit. Look forward to seeing progress.

Caroline. Hope the cream is working and your LO feels better soon.

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the xmas card exchanges :)
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 December 2012 at 11:03AM
    Options
    OFF TOPIC
    I have been browsing on Am@zon this morning and spotted this If you travel in France/Europe - does this look like a worthwhile buy ? I was thinking of getting this for an xmas gift but it doesn't contain the breathalizer things you need to carry in France and I don't want to buy something and find out that actually its a bit naff. It looks ok though. Is there a better place to buy the bits and pieces you need??? thats :money: too ?

OH and in Cross Stitch news, while I wait for the washing machine to finish, i'm trying to decide what my 2013 projects are going to be.
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    OFF TOPIC
    I have been browsing on Am@zon this morning and spotted this If you travel in France/Europe - does this look like a worthwhile buy ? I was thinking of getting this for an xmas gift but it doesn't contain the breathalizer things you need to carry in France and I don't want to buy something and find out that actually its a bit naff. It looks ok though. Is there a better place to buy the bits and pieces you need??? thats :money: too ?

OH and in Cross Stitch news, while I wait for the washing machine to finish, i'm trying to decide what my 2013 projects are going to be.

My mum bought something very similar in Tesco recently. I think it was reduced to £15. Again, I don't think it had the breathalyser, but that's a fairly new requirement, isn't it? You might find the individual bits in Wilkinsons or even poundland.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ruth_honey wrote: »
    My mum bought something very similar in Tesco recently. I think it was reduced to £15. Again, I don't think it had the breathalyser, but that's a fairly new requirement, isn't it? You might find the individual bits in Wilkinsons or even poundland.

Thanks. I had the idea as an xmas gift but am not completely sure it would be the right thing to buy so may just give money.

And now for more off topic. (sorry) my mum wants an mp3 player for xmas. I don't want to spend too much and having looked at the @rgos site and @mazon, I am a bit befuddled about what is best to buy. any suggestions ? I set my mind on something then read a bad review and get put off !
  • sk00bie1
    sk00bie1 Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    Thanks. I had the idea as an xmas gift but am not completely sure it would be the right thing to buy so may just give money.

And now for more off topic. (sorry) my mum wants an mp3 player for xmas. I don't want to spend too much and having looked at the @rgos site and @mazon, I am a bit befuddled about what is best to buy. any suggestions ? I set my mind on something then read a bad review and get put off !

Hey F_E,

What sort of budget are we looking at?
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger No. 26 :hello:
    XStitch to do list:
    -- Birth Sampler -- Christmas Angel -- Mum's Xmas Stitch -- Christmas decs 3 & 4 -- Xmas Bird --
    -- Snowflake Sonata -- Be Jolly -- JE Unicorn -- Start HAED!!! --
  • maria_and_the_imps
    Options
    Hi Flat Eric, i have brought these for my kids for xmas, they also come in silver, i have had a play and loaded lots of songs of them, they are very straight forward to use, the sound is very clear, they have a camera on them but the pictures it takes arnt great, but all in all i think they are worth the money hth

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9080210.htm
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family