PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• copperjar
    copperjar Posts: 884 Forumite
    Great result! Well done - fingers crossed for a quick and smooth sale!
    [STRIKE]
    Total debt 1.11.10 £23,446
    [/STRIKE]
    Save £6k in 2015 #129 £6121.66/£6000
    Save £6k in 2016 #39 £6000/£6000
  • chickenmama
    chickenmama Posts: 62 Forumite
    edited 18 October 2016 at 1:52PM
    Hi all!

Congrats kirtsy brilliant news!!! :beer:

Hope those of you who have had viewings recently get some good feedback and offer(s)! (Hannah and Elfbert - wow loads of viewings please do keep us updated)

Well I feel like I can give a bit of a more confident update now. Turns out our original buyers had been trying to get a mortgage since they pulled out and they eventually got a DIP with Nationwide and that is why they made the reoffer. We accepted but I said we would need something concrete quickly this time to make us feel like its actually going to happen - well we had their surveyor visit today who said he would have no problem valuing the house at the price they offered - phew!

We had our offer accepted today on the house we want and mortgage application went back through for us so just waiting for the outcome on that. In the meantime we are decluttering in earnest, I am thoroughly enjoying googling furniture and decor whilst OH is happy googling things like tips, skips and vans! :rotfl:

I suppose I can go back to the 'waiting to exchange' thread now...
  • Well done Chickenmama.xxx
  • Gru14
    Gru14 Posts: 19 Forumite
    I'm so depressed tonight.
    We reduced again last week and still nothing. Few viewings last week, one on Saturday was apparently very positive but heard nothing since.
    Not moving is really holding up everything else in our life, I can't get out of my miserable job and been on market 10 months now .. feel like it's never going to end.
    Sigh :(
    Need a light at the end of the tunnel but currently see nothing.
  • darkvader
    darkvader Posts: 267 Forumite
    Nothing's picked up for us since we reduced it by a further £10k 2 weeks back. One viewing on Sat, really interested and happy with the asking price BUT (as there always is) they have to put their house on the market, get a buyer and only then in a position to make an offer!!!!

Not sure what more to do but wait for some XMas shopping, take our house off the market by Nov end and start fresh in Feb 2017......delays all our plans of course so not really a great ending to 2016

DV
  • 10 year old electrics?! People are trying to knock us down on price because they are concerned about the electrics after asking how old they are. The house is a warehouse conversion done in 2007 - does this sound concerning to you? The boiler was also fitted around that time, which does make it a bit old HOWEVER it is priced to reflect needing a bit of work ie. adding double glazing if necessary. Am I being too stubborn to not budge on price due to 10 year old electrics
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    I hope that's not a valid reason for negotiation as our electrics were done 12 years ago and the boiler 11 years! I would be stubborn about that too Hannah, you're not alone!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Thank goodness - made me feel like I was really unreasonable for saying I thought that was fine. if you bought a 10 year old house you wouldnt start ripping things about - surely?!
  • sheff6107
    sheff6107 Posts: 451 Forumite
    10 year old electrics? That's practically brand new.

What planet is this berk on?
  • 2 FTBs and the way they think you negotiate is to find fault and then knock price down based on that - ironically I probably would take an offer, but not under such ridiculous pretenses
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback