Lidl / Auriol weather station manual

Comments

• cinderfella
    cinderfella Posts: 419 Forumite
    edited 2 December 2012 at 9:30PM
    Well I have been all over the place looking for this one. Found your plea for help on the Auriol forum too.
    Anyway I pressed on a find your Auriol manual 'here' so there should be some similarities hopefully. Its the Lidl model

http://www.ventusdesign.com/uploads/tx_hmrventus/manual_W155-english_01.pdf'

no sorry its the same as the posting above model
  • Keith_L wrote: »
    I discovered this morning that our remote sensor has disappeared. I can't imagine why anyone would take it, we live in the country. Nor is it the sort of thing a squirrel would take (is it?)

Anyway, the question is where to get a replacement. I've looked and not found one yet, only the complete ensemble.

Keith

The Gypsies pinched my outside sensor and I need to purchase another one.
    Can I join your club. Have you found one yet? My model No is Z31092
    atroya
  • Gaztam
    Gaztam Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 17 March 2013 at 12:03AM
    Bought one of these today however can't seem to get the receiver to find the transmitter, it just says --°C. Tried all channels and the mode where it scans all channels in turn.

The transmitter channel switch and reset hole doesn't line up with the actual switch and reset button on the Circuit board (German Engineering eh ? :-)), so had to remove the screws to find the channel it was set to. (Switch popped into position when reassembled)

Also noticed there is no 'O' seal to keep the inside dry, so even if it did work, I can't imagine it lasting beyond its first british winter. I'm tempted to put silicone around the join (If I get it working) otherwise it'll go back to Lidl.

You can download manuals from Lidls website (not allowed to post a link, but it's an option on their product menu)
  • withywood
    withywood Posts: 346 Forumite
    i have a auriol weather station ian 71479 and its a hour fast - cant find how to put it on uk time.
    :j if my house aint clean enough for you tough
  • withywood
    withywood Posts: 346 Forumite
    found it - read the instructions
    :j if my house aint clean enough for you tough
  • maciekr
    maciekr Posts: 1 Newbie
    I bought mentioned aobve weather station in LIDL a week ago. At first I enjoyed it very much. But on evenings I noticed that readings from external sensor stops on circa 24 °C. I placed the station outside (side by side with external sensor) and it measures "inside" temperature correctly (which was far below 24 °C) while "external" readings were constant. On the morning it appears that it is again working correctly. It seemed to be associated with the time of the day (during the day I have no time to constantly watch the station) but I think that is unlikely. Also the LED indicator on external sensor flashes red with very low frequency - no matter the readings are good or not (in the manual we read that indicator flashes after switch on and lids during reset, no repeated flashes during operation described). The situation repeats.
    I have also tried below to solve the problem but without improvement:
    • Read the attached manual - in troubleshooting case not described (I have tried to reset the external sensor, but without success - although it resets - the red indicator lids)
    • Replaced the batteries with new ones
    • Tried to change the frequency channel - it switch to another, read signal but stops readings.
    • Tested to switch off the external sensor (removed batteries) - the base station indicates that los signal - no aerial icon and last readings flashes - but it not appears when readings are "frozen".
    Maybe someone encountered similar problems with weather station and can help me. It is a little frustrating that it is working wrong. I know the station was not expensive but it looks solid and reliable. The malfunction is not constant. Please help me before I will smash the station along with the external sensor from 9th floor. Best regards,
  • atroya wrote: »
    The Gypsies pinched my outside sensor and I need to purchase another one.
    Can I join your club. Have you found one yet? My model No is Z31092
    atroya

Is there room for a third member here?
    At 2am my dog went crazy, thinking it was a fox, I let her out but I've subsequently found that my outdoor sensor is gone and so is my wireless bell push. Perhaps it wasn't a squirrel that took yours Keith but a gadget mad fox!
  • maciekr wrote: »
    The malfunction is not constant. Please help me before I will smash the station along with the external sensor from 9th floor. Best regards,

If you haven't smashed the sensor, maciekr, can I have first refusal? :)
  • As I am a new user, I am unable to post the link for the user manual, but, if you Bing "Lidl user manuals, you will see a link about 5 down lidl service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure