Aldi LCD TV

Aldi have a 32 inch LCD TV for £299 has anyone any experience of Aldis Tvs? are they any good or should we steer clear, this would be our first LCD TV.

Comments

• foz2000
    foz2000 Posts: 50 Forumite
    The folks had an aldi tv that wasnt great but maybe it was just there bad experience.

Personally for an extra £50 i would get this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=AV-003-HS

or maybe this which is slightly cheaper:
  • maypole
    maypole Posts: 1,816
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    foz2000 wrote: »
    The folks had an aldi tv that wasnt great but maybe it was just there bad experience.

Personally for an extra £50 i would get this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=AV-003-HS

or maybe this which is slightly cheaper:

Thank you for your reply, I will give it some thought.
  • Kazzajr
    Kazzajr Posts: 1,076
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'd be interested in any reviews/opinions of this tv, did anyone buy it before? http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_7032.htm
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    With electrics, IMHO you get what you pay for. Cheap is usually cheerful. There are exceptions to this rule of thumb, but I cant see Sony/Samsung etc making an Aldi TV/screen and have it listing at £300 when their equivelant is nearer £500 so you will almost certainly get a poorer build and picture quality, plus less warrenty and come-back. (Cant see Aldi swapping a TV gone wrong just out of warrenty. They would just say 'What do you expect when you only paid £300!) I personally would never buy a TV like this, but like I say, there are exceptions to the rule...
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • windym_2
    windym_2 Posts: 5,257
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    There are better deals to be had. What about this for £299 and 5 year warranty for 29.99 more. It is NOT digital, but with freeview being so cheap now.
  • Kazzajr
    Forumite
    Thanks, I understand this and this is the price range I am looking at and am limited by that however it is just a basic tv I am looking for and am wanting an lcd type for space saving.
    I thought all Aldi products had a 3 year warranty?
  • TiTheRev
    Try Direct TVs, good selection and good prices of better 'branded' products.
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • Kazzajr
    Forumite
    windym wrote: »
    There are better deals to be had. What about this for £299 and 5 year warranty for 29.99 more.
    Analogue TunerDoes it receive conventional, analogue TV stations? Yes Digital TunerDoes it receive new, Freeview TV stations? No
    Doesn't this mean it is not digital ready?
    I would like to have one with freeview rather than a separate box.
  • TiTheRev
    It depends on the context of the Richer sounds comment. There are some HD freeview channels coming and it may mean those will not be viewable. Essentially every TV is digital ready, but some do have the freeview box built in which is easier...
  • TiTheRev
    ...or it may mean you will not be able to scan for new freeview channels but only use the ones built into the reciever?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure