IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye Charge - Two Saints Retail, Ormskirk

Comments

• atwinny
    atwinny Posts: 25 Forumite
    duplicate post
  • atwinny
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Have you warned PE that, unless this charge is cancelled, you will be billing them for your time? It will not do much good, but it will cost them money, especially when you win your PoPLA appeal and send them invoices and perhaps a LBA. Read thisi

My appeal to PE was posted in #6 which included:

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

is that what you're referring to?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Yes. Once you have PoPLA under your belt, I would be inclined to attack them on two fronts, one for you time, and one for breach of your data. A few hundred people doing this could cost them £££££.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • atwinny
    Nice one.

Is my appeal to PoPLA (post below) ok or do I need to change anything?
    Also, would need the links to add in to the appeal if anyone can help?
  • atwinny
    Bumping this up the page in case its been missed.
  • atwinny
    Right, I've changed my appeal by reading more examples....

Its not letting me upload it as text because of the links and images so this is the only way I know how to do it (sorry!!)

All advice on this would be appreciated as this has become really stressful since my first appeal was rejected!

Thanks in advance

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Looks good to go, I would say. Submit it by uploading as a PDF under 'OTHER' on POPLA's website.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • atwinny
    Thanks mate. Appeal submitted. Fingers crossed it gets accepted!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I'm a female 'mate' but good to know it is done!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi, I am just wondering if you have had a response to your appeal yet? I am in the exact same situation as you were. I was parked in the same retail park, my time from entry to exit was 1hr and 10mins, and I have had my appeal direct with parking eye come back as unsuccessful. So I am now at the point of deciding if I should pay the £60 or appeal through POPLA. So just wondering if you had heard anything yet? Thanks in advance for any info here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure