I’m taking control of my life, now.

Options

Comments

• boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This was me for the first couple of weeks after LBM, but I'm pleased to say that Mr ToP has got to grips with the whole thing a bit more, and is starting to use his own initiative and realise that we need to either (a) make other cuts to do certain things or (b) just not do them. I got really frustrated a couple of times, but to be honest I'm surprised at how quickly he's got it! Hopefully Mr Boxofpaws will get to grips with the concept very soon.

If he wants to carry on being Mr Boxofpaws, he'd better:p
    motivated wrote: »
    Could you send my DH a few tips. He is getting better but still wastes a bit of money now and again. I have to [STRIKE]nag
    [/STRIKE]remind him again ;)

Nag? Me? Never!: (:o)
    Macey1510 wrote: »
    I was looking forward to watching shop well for less on catch up tonight:(
    Glad you had lots of good things today!

Glad it's not just me that was sad about it:)
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Glad the new ironing board is earning it's keep ;)

It was a bumpy start, but we seem to have ironed out our differences now

Sorry

Really sorry

:o
    No Shop Well...? Bah - I hope they have a good excuse for that! Loving all those "Good things" and stroking a cat is a very good reason for a slower than you'd like run time!

:heart2::heart2:Cats:heart2::heart2:
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Good things:j
    • Have run the fridge completely bare for tomorrow nights shop
    • Have resisted going out this weekend. I needed to do that in some kind of proving-it-to-myself kind of way
    • Family party was fun and inexpensive
    • Big car passed its mot. It's been showered with praise by both of us
    • Did loads of work outside in the gardens. Both gardens are looking delicious. I like referring the the front and back gardens as 'the gardens', it makes them sound much grander than they are.
    • Have booked my 2 works hotel stays this week on my own bank card because the hotel chain is doing cash back. Should be a free £10.
    • Bonus confirmed. V happy with what it will be.
    • The husband has said he will get all his motorbike maintenance and repairs done out of his bonus.
    • Had more assurances from a different boss today that the husband's hours probably won't be affected by the cuts.

Bad things:exclamati
    • Have bought new shoes for my posh do this week. On the bright side, they were £23 from New Look. I normally would pay twice that for shoes.
    • Have given in and ordered a new cat flap. £60. Could no longer cope with the big cat hurling himself onto me through the window in the early hours.
    • Have ordered candle wax to make candles after being inspired by treading. It's not a bad thing by itself, but seeing as I haven't ordered anything else (like wicks etc), it can't just be a dear dead end. And I didn't really have an expensive candle habit to kick, I just fancied the idea.
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sounds good Paws.

You could've put a cat flap in the window? Lol I still have the image of him launching himself on you.

Great bargain on the shoes.

Good luck on the candle making too, very brave xx
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That's very good news on your husband's job. Must be a weight off.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    I really rate New Look for shoes - I tend to buy my party shoes there as they get so little use it seems mad to buy expensive ones.

Sorry for being a bad candle influence :o . If it helps, I have one burning now and it's lovely!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • kittykatneedscash
    Options
    Good luck Boxofpaws you sound to be doing great I've subscribed and love the way you post good things and bad things. This made me chuckle though...

'Have given in and ordered a new cat flap. £60. Could no longer cope with the big cat hurling himself onto me through the window in the early hours.'

I originally read it as bought a flat cap and thought £60 is quite a lot for a flat cap unless you really love the farmer look :rotfl:
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think those shoes should be celebrated under Good Things - it's a measure of how on board you are with all this! :T

And the cat flap was a bit of an essential really, wasn't it!

:rotfl: at "The Gardens" - you need to capitalise it as well, I reckon. :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • VelvetFreak
    VelvetFreak Posts: 573 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The visuals of the big old cat bowling through the window crack me up every time. :rotfl:
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Sounds good Paws.

You could've put a cat flap in the window? Lol I still have the image of him launching himself on you.

Great bargain on the shoes.

Good luck on the candle making too, very brave xx

I think I might be rubbish at candle making but it sounds kind of clarty and I love kind of clarty
    I really rate New Look for shoes - I tend to buy my party shoes there as they get so little use it seems mad to buy expensive ones.

Sorry for being a bad candle influence :o . If it helps, I have one burning now and it's lovely!

I was quite impressed with the new look shoes. I could be converted, I'll report back when I've worn them for a night. They're shiny silver, I'm excited about wearing them!
    I think those shoes should be celebrated under Good Things - it's a measure of how on board you are with all this! :T

And the cat flap was a bit of an essential really, wasn't it!

:rotfl: at "The Gardens" - you need to capitalise it as well, I reckon. :rotfl:

The Gardens it is!

How have you all managed to make me feel better about buying new shoes?:D
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills