Cheapest "Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty" in UK

Hi !
After having 2 kids i am left with wrinkly ,baggy and streachmarked belly . No diets/exersice will change it :( .
The only way to get rid of the extra skin and some streatchmarks is plastic surgery (Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty).
I dont want it done abroad,want it done here in UK .
I looked at many many websites,and its very expensive (£5000-£6000).
Anyone knows where to get it done cheaper ?
When i searched the web,it says it costs in UK from £3000 , but i havent found anyone who would do it for £3000 .
I can afford to spend £3000 on it,but not £5000-6000 .
Thanks !

Comments

• FairyShazza
    FairyShazza Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    I would say the average price for a tummy tuck is in the region of £5 - £6k I would be wary of anywhere offering it at £3k. Remember cheaper is not always the best - you have to be vey careful when picking a plastic surgeon and not just choose someone because they are the cheapest.
    One day Rodney we'll be millionaires
    £2020 in 2020 - Running Total £17
  • after 2 years of my doctors trying several things with me they suggested the only way I could get rid of it was by a tummy tuck. At the time i thought it was ridiculous as i am very slim (size 8) and would have never had any surgery done.

After 2 boys though i look like i am 5 months pregnant and is bloody horrible. My muscles also seperated too so there is no point to excercising these muscles.
    i suggest you speak to your doctor about it as mine has been brilliant and so supportive and really helpful and my plastic surgeon is lovely too. There is a long waiting list on the NHS but i think it will be worth the wait and it also means you have a reasonable time to think about it properly.
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Cosmetic surgery is not something that you should choose on price.

If you buy a cheap washing machine and it's crap, it's a lesson learnt, but nothing is harmed.

If you get a cheap tummy tuck and it's crap.................?
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    What about investing the £3000 till you can afford it, and just save for it for a while....how long ago is it since you had the kids? Are you positive you are not going to have any more?
  • Thank you for your replies . Hmmm,i think you are right,maybe i shouldnt choose the cheapest one !
    My kids are 4 and 3 year old.Not having any more kids ! 2 boys keep me very busy lol .
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Invest it in premium bonds, and you might win a whole new body! :D
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    sondre wrote: »
    Thank you for your replies . Hmmm,i think you are right,maybe i shouldnt choose the cheapest one !
    My kids are 4 and 3 year old.Not having any more kids ! 2 boys keep me very busy lol .

Its important because AIUI future pregnancy would reverse all the good work, or have strong likely hood of it. 3, in the scheme of things, isn't very old, or long afterwards. If it were me I'd put what you have aside, keep adding to it...and keep trying new exercises in the mean time...it certainly can't hurt.
  • charlea
    charlea Posts: 256 Forumite
    HI

I have had a mini tummy tuck done in the uk i had a c-section years ago and so had a pouch and nothing would get rid of it also have had liposuction in Belgium and a boob job in the uk so i think i have had the three major procedures that most women inquire about ( my husband thinks its great as he says he got a new wife:D)

MINI TUMMY TUCK
    I paid 4700 in Bristol with doctor Timothy Burge who is an excellent surgeon I saw several surgeons over a period of 6 months went to transform harley medical ect and he was the only one i felt comfortable with he knew exactly what i wanted and i was confident that he could do it he has his own private practice and dose not work for any of the big companies I paid 100 pounds consultation fee to see him for my appointment -

The other surgeons all sugested that i should have a full tummy tuck but mine was not because of putting /lossing weight ect it was because of the c-section pouch and i did not want a full tummytuck as i felt that it was uneccessary for what i wanted to be done

The operation took 45mins to do and it was done at 2pm in the afternoon and i was home by 3pm the next day
    I will tell you this now it was the most painfull thing i have ever ever done ( but i do not regret it although at the time i did think what on earth have i done )
    I could not stand up sneeze cough laugh cry in fear of hurting my stiches
    I took neurofen like smarties and spent the entire christmas led on the sofa feeling about 100 years old and walked around like the hunchback of notre dame as i could not stand up straight at all actually your not allowed to stand up straight for at least a week because of the stiches and its a real hard strain on your back and waist

It took about 10 days for me to actaully start feeling more human i had the operation done on the 21st dec and went on holiday on 5th of jan with my husband for 3 weeks I could wear a bikini with a sarong by when i was on holiday but i was still a bit swollen and still walked slower than ususal but if you didnt know me then you wouldnt have known anything was wrong
    i was still quiet swollen and bruised from the op but by the time i came back which was around six weeks after the op i was fine and back at the gym all the swelling and bruise had gone and i was just a bit stiff and sore but nothing major
    i still have the c -section scar its just a bit longer now but my stomach is rock hard - seriously seriously hard and flat as a pancake and i love it

If price is the issue then i would reccomend going abroad,
    http://www.clinicbeaucare.co.uk/women-cosmetic-surgery/homepage.html i had lipo with them paid approx 2200 pounds

I know that you said you dont want to go abroad but take it from me You will not get a t/tuck in the uk for less than 4500 and if its a full tummy tuck where they reposition the belly button then you will be looking at around 6000 -6500
    I had liposuction at http://www.clinicbeaucare.co.uk/women-cosmetic-surgery/homepage.html a few years ago i flew out on the thursday night operation was on friday afernoon and i was back home in Bristol on the Sunday My husband and son who was 10 at the time came with me
    Again similar afterward to the tummy tuck ,very swollen and bruised for around 2/3 weeks but i lost over a stone within a month my body changed drastically cant see any scar ( cant even find them) i have not put the weight back on since and have kept my shape and overall lost 2 stone in weight

While i cant reccomend them for a tummy tuck as i did not have a this operation done with them - I can only tell you of my own experience of liposuction with them was very very good

this is there prices
    Belly / tummy tuck / abdominoplasty THIS IS WHAT I HAD DONE IN THE UK
    soulign_prix.gif
    £ 1400
    mini abdominoplasty :
    soulign_prix_detail.gif
    £ 1780 - 2350
    full tummy tuck / lifting belly :
    The only reason that i did not go abroad again to have my tummy tuck done was that i want to be at home and wanted to find a surgeon that was close to Bristol I was not sure about the travelling either after such an operation However if i had stayed in Belgium for a week or so after the op then im sure that i would have been ok if my recovery had been the same as it was at home

Also had a boobjob with the medical group in Birmingham which was straightforward and no probs 3200

If you want to know any more them pm me with your email address i will send you some pictures if you want them
    if you are going to consider going abroad i can give you lots of info on how to make it better for you and what you will need to take ect ect

best wishes charlea

sondre wrote: »
    Hi !
    After having 2 kids i am left with wrinkly ,baggy and streachmarked belly . No diets/exersice will change it :( .
    The only way to get rid of the extra skin and some streatchmarks is plastic surgery (Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty).
    I dont want it done abroad,want it done here in UK .
    I looked at many many websites,and its very expensive (£5000-£6000).
    Anyone knows where to get it done cheaper ?
    When i searched the web,it says it costs in UK from £3000 , but i havent found anyone who would do it for £3000 .
    I can afford to spend £3000 on it,but not £5000-6000 .
    Thanks !
  • I'm currently in hospital recovering from a full tummy tuck. I had the op 3 days ago & deffo wouldn't want to be abroad. The pain is really bad, I'm due to go home tom. The procedure cost me 5k & was done by the Spires group used to be bupa. Hope the pain is worth the final result.
  • pingua
    pingua Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    edited 5 March 2010 at 5:48PM
    I too have that horrible wrinkley baggy pile that no amount of doing anything will move. It hangs and its like its numb - I swear I could stick a pin through it and not feel anything. I have gone through 3 births and am in proportion / slim elsewhere -its def. left over stretched stuff that has gone beyond its elastic limit !!
    I would so love to have it taken away but the price !!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure