PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th July 2017

Comments

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 July 2017 at 4:50PM
    Hi WeeMidgie!

I've done 5 hours of paid thing 1, and an hour of home based paid thing 2. The WM is on with my work trousers so of course it is now pouring down with rain for the first time in weeks.It'll be interesting to see how the water leak in the road copes with the river that is currently running down the hill.

I've got a tub of bolognese out of the freezer so it'll be that and courgette tagliatelle for dinner later. Ironing is critical - and it would be good if I could make myself do everyone enough to get through to Friday after which no ironing of boy uniform for seven weeks.

FFP, we generally take salad, fruit and a tub of nuts. The nuts are filling and help with my 'don't get enough calories problem', and I eat those even if I CBA with salad. This morning was blue cheese, bacon and walnut salad for OH. I make baked egg things with courgettes too which travel well and are filling. Have a search for 'midlife mummy makeover' on facebook for some of memory girls ideas.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Came home from school run to a difficult phone call, dealt with that and trying to brush it off - wish people would stop trying to involve me in their business, why do people do that :cool:

DD has had a glowing school report :T and they are happily munching dinner now. Bath for kiddies next, then make DH packed lunch for tomorrow, prep dinner then flop in a heap.
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    LameWolf wrote: »

I'm to the point now where I wish he'd take up some sort of a hobby that would get him out of the house for a bit. :cool: Anyone else with retired DH's have this problem?

Sorry, I've mithered on for a bit too long there - making up for lost time, I guess. :rotfl:

I have a DH at home with a poorly paw. Week 3 and I can't wait to start my temp job - I'm going to kill him soon. His night owl is killing my early bird.

Today I have- emailed ACAS to try and get some money without having to go to tribunal.

Sat on my ar*e and eaten chocolate. BD here with a vengeance.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • funfairprincess
    funfairprincess Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi flyfriends x

Thats me in from work. Pretty busy day so it went in quick. WM is on just about to finish, I'll chuck it in the TD and refill.
    Just jumping over to the sunbeds, the milk is jealous of my colouring just now. It's been miserable here. Will be back shortly x
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I'm here

RL is busy, 50 hours a weeka t job 1, 20 hours at j!!!, plus my volunteering job spend 3 hours today in MK, with various people but all good stuff.

Went shopping, bought loads of salad type stuff and fruit, rolls, that should do, for several meals this week.

House clean
    4 x Wm done, on line in now in all wonderfully dry folded and away, some bits for ironing tomorrow
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • boddy
    boddy Posts: 3,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    So much for nothing planned today. Helped friends out with a lad who was sleeping rough. He now has a sleeping bag and stuff and advised where he can get help.

DD called with DGGS. He is two and so funny.

A few jobs off kitchen list done.
    Washing put away.
    Hoovered and dusted.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Oh my word!! Back from work and we are on page 3!! Fab :T

So, WM x 1 run and towels are hanging outside. Clean washing sorted back to its rightful owners. DW run, emptied and restacked. Dinner such as it was has been cooked and eaten. I spilt half a packet of quinoa on the kitchen floor, so sweeping is now the order of the day. Recycling out ready for the morning. I'll check out the rest of the lists and see where I get to.

Lovely to 'see' everyone.
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 July 2017 at 7:44PM
    Evening all. Afraid I didn't get much done this afternoon. I kind of fell asleep on the sofa... I have managed to tick a couple more things off my list..
    • [strike]Take meds[/strike]
    • [strike]Shower/dress[/strike]
    • [strike]Wash up breakfast things [/strike]
    • [strike]Towel wash[/strike]
    • [strike]Pot out herbs in box under front window sill [/strike]
    • [strike]Weed above box[/strike]
    • [strike]Change cat tray[/strike]
    • Change bedding
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Valli, I completely forgot to say Huge Congratulations on the three stone weightloss, it's an amazing achievement. (And good luck with the rest.)

Had a couple of productive hours flying this afternoon.
    • Cleared up the baby seagull mess in the back alley where they had to stay for 24 hours because there was a big party in the communal garden;
    • Washed and miltoned all their food boxes and refilled them ready for the next couple of days while I'm out and about;
    • Made brioche rolls stuffed with goats cheese and pesto filling mmmm for the outings;
    • watered all of the pots that were baked dry that don't get a decent soaking when it rains because they're too close to the walls;
    • finally finished tidying up the yard which has been a mess for a couple of months while I've been busy. It looks much, much better.
    Better is good enough.
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    My updated list xxxx

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room

Level 1

Clear sills and wipe
    Clean Windows
    Wipe tables and chairs - don't forget underneath where sticky fingers linger
    Wipe switches and sockets

Level 2

[Strike]Empty bin
    Clear sides and wipe down[/strike]
    Wipe kettle and other small appliances
    Empty toaster and wipe crumb tray
    [Strike]Check fridge and fruit bowl for anything that needs using or flinging.[/strike]

Level 3

Wipe down cupboard fronts
    [Strike]Sweep and mop floor[/strike]

Extras

MAD half hour - post yours!
    HHI
    Make a me-time appointment for sometime this week - manicure, hair, coffee with a friend...
    [Strike]Household accounts - are they up-to-date? Budget on track?[/strike]
    If your weather forecast suits - and you're up to date with your laundry - wash any throws ready for winter.
    Check you meal plan for the week - can you double up on one meal to make a freezer filler ready for a lazy day.
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills