Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    Reading about some of the elite kids I am never going to complain about my lot again, :o
    Ds2 now he has the new job has offered to pay £30 week. And none of them buy anything unless they have the money. Even ds3 now he has a summer job will not let us pay for anything for him. I gave him £20 at beginning of holidays when he was going out and he still has it in his wallet, he returns it when he gets home and I give it back next time he goes out .:rotfl: oh says if you two don'twant it iI will have it :rotfl:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    Reading about some of the elite kids I am never going to complain about my lot again, :o
    Ds2 now he has the new job has offered to pay £30 week. And none of them buy anything unless they have the money. Even ds3 now he has a summer job will not let us pay for anything for him. I gave him £20 at beginning of holidays when he was going out and he still has it in his wallet, he returns it when he gets home and I give it back next time he goes out .:rotfl: oh says if you two don'twant it iI will have it :rotfl:

SSM hangs head in shame...... as I confess I am still buying the boys clothes........... they range in age between 21 and 27!
  • XxxX_2
    XxxX_2 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    It is brilliant for sharing photos as they are free to send, whereas you pay to send photos by text. And also for keeping in touch with people who are in a different country to you as you don't pay to use it as it uses wi-fi. So for example I message my friend in South Africa, and it doesn't cost either of us anything. Likewise when we go on holiday abroad I send messages to my friends and family in the UK and it doesn't cost me anything if I log into the resort or hotel's wi-fi.

Can't you do all that and face time with fb messenger
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Dd boyfriend pays his mum £80 a week!!!! Yes a week!!
    Ssm is it platinum and what carat, sorry just being nosey.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    *tunes in to watch Gary Lineker*

:D
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Dd boyfriend pays his mum £80 a week!!!! Yes a week!!
    Ssm is it platinum and what carat, sorry just being nosey.

OMG, £80 a week. That is horrendous.

The ring is white gold, no idea about the carat. I had £1250 in vouchers and just picked a ring for that amount... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Your right, tough love is needed.

I have to admit that DS3 is the best out of them all with money... he will save and then waste it, but he will buy a pint of milk when it is needed. He works long hours and also runs his own business. I wished the other two where like this! DS1 has had so much money recently, this is the reason I think i have had enough and the fact that DS2 stuffed up his degree so we are paying for him to do another degree (but he has to live at home).

I am going to tell him he needs to set up a DD for £100 a month to repay the debt and £50 a month board (i feel a little mean about board!). I am also telling DS1 that he can set up a direct debit for £50 a month. DS2 is not getting any cash unless he works for it!

I think I am going to be so unpopular!

I had wondered what had happened when he when to HK, I think that this was just after DS1 went to Myanmar. It is good he has come home. A few years ago DS1 had a horrid girl friend who would complain every time we contacted him, I really disliked her but kept reminding myself that one day she maybe the mother of my grandchildren... so pleased that this relationship ended. His new girlfriend is lovely. But sadly he is going to live on a boat in cambodia... there will not be much communication for a long while. It is flipping hard being a mum x

OMG, a boat in Cambodia - that is far worse, than the squalid bedsit mine is in. Not having any communication is the worst.
    They really don't know how much misery they leave in their wake

errant son has had 2 bad GFs - we just have to hope that the current relationship fizzles out the longer they are in opposite sides of the planet and the worse the money situation gets
    he used to be so good with his money, worked since he was 16 and all through college and uni and he worked straight out of uni. At one time we had to force money on him to pay for college winter skills week and now I am having to bail him out so he can get to the first pay date.
    it took us months to convince him to get back to the UK so it was such a relief when he did. it's just a different sort of misery now

I think you still need to be tougher - if you are providing all meals and doing laundry etc it needs to be more like £40 a week - £160 a month at least plus £100 off his loan - make a record of everything he owes
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »

Gary Lineker?

Is he here?:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »

Strangely I was thinking of you today!
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    OMG, £80 a week. That is horrendous.

The ring is white gold, no idea about the carat. I had £1250 in vouchers and just picked a ring for that amount... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

in the olden days it used to be you divided your wages up -1/3 board 1/3 savings and the remaining 1/3 you could spend :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure