PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Comments

• No way not yet. I have my back door and all my windows open today. The weather is still mild in the South

It won't be going on for a few weeks yet:j
    Capital one was £1000.00 now £0.00:j
    Barclaycard was £250.00 now £190. 00
    Asda credit card was £500.00 now £0.00:j
    Aim to be credit card free by December 2012... Mostly done
  • flippin36
    flippin36 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    No way for us too. I too still have windows and doors open and we are in the north. I have changed duvets to winter ones and thicker jumpers have come out. Lets hope we have a nice mild autum so we can keep our bills down this winter. OH said oct 1st before we should think about heating on but in the past we have got to November.
  • shebangs
    shebangs Posts: 297 Forumite
    edited 11 April 2012 at 7:10PM
  • NeverShareAgain
    NeverShareAgain Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 18 September 2011 at 11:57AM
    Mine is off, and staying off. The cold makes me feel alive and motivated. My daughter is the same.. she hates summer and heat. I despise the stupour of overheated, airless boxes that society as a whole assumes we all want. My parents did not have GCH when I was a kid, we managed just fine was a gas fire and jumpers. I'd rather buy a few decent quality jumpers and cardies and nice, quality blankies and throws than burn money on overpriced heat just because ~"everyone else does".

I should clarify my militant stance: I am on the autistic spectrum, and very sensitive to light, sound and heat. After being forced to survive in a FILTHY shared house (I cleaned what I used) with a mentally abusive house"mate" , I need to know I can control the environment in my home. I may choose to visit a friend who uses heat, but choice is they keyword there, plus m,y friends do what they can to make me comfy :)
    Avarus nisi com moritur, nil recte facit
  • Ours is still off and the house doesn't feel cold,it's actually quite pleasant outside today.I'm sat in a vest top and the kids are in the garden in t-shirts.I added the quilts on top of the girls duvets last night but when I went in to check on them at half one they were both lying on top of the covers so it's obviously not cold at night here either..yet!
    Slightly mad mummy to four kidlets aged 4 months,6,7 and 8 :D:D:D xx
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    our heating wont be on until at least december. i might get a treat for my birthday and get a quick 30 minute blast of it.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    It's lovely and warm here today. Spent the morning watching the boys play football - no additional layers needed. The washing is on the line - towels already dry and more to go out. We still have our summer duvets on. Hoping for a few more weeks of holding off with the heating yet, we usually try and make it till November but this is not set in stone if it is still cold after extra layers it's on.

Pollys
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Heating still off here, woolly socks and layers are on. Not too bad but several times a day the temp drops to uncomfortable. Getting everything ready for the colder days. Even Oh is on board, I was worried the other day as he was chilly and he said ' don't worry I will put another layer on!!!!!!!' Getting everything washed and dried before the weather breaks again, thick curtains hung and extra quilts at the ready.
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • Heating is on for half an hour in the evening so the bedroom and bathroom are warm(er) for me to take my shower. I'm finding it very cold at night and will be switching to a warmer duvet next time I change the bed (Tuesday). At the moment I've got an extra blanket and go to bed with a hot water bottle but still need the electric blanket.
    Household: Laura + William-cat
    Not Buying It in 2015
  • mrsr
    mrsr Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    It's a nice day here in South West apart from odd down pour .Heating not needed at mo,hoping to last out with thick jumpers ,throws etc.When that becomes unbearable it will go on very low.We managed really well last year so hoping to do even better this winter.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback