Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Similar thing has also been posted on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pg/IresaLimited/posts/

They've even managed to update their FAQ's on their website with a new description! :D

I suppose the proof of the pudding will be in the next bills.

Good news if it is true but is Twitter now the only way of communicating with customers?
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Hengus wrote: »
    Good news if it is true but is Twitter now the only way of communicating with customers?
    Don't know about Facebook but they've posted about 20 tweets today - mostly announcements, some replies to customers. Phone support appears diabolical; guess the recent ending of various fixes has caught them out; no excuse of-course - perhaps should have said "no CS support by phone" which is effectively where they're at.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    icharus wrote: »
    I had already checked at my end, and the direct debit is still showing in place. I also sent them an e-mail on 8th March asking why they had not taken payment. As per their usual format they have not responded to my e-mail.

As I said I am no longer going to be proactive, and am also not going to try and work round their system to try and make things work. I have met my obligations and more. It is up to Iresa now.
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Regarding poppellerant's comment, as far as I'm concerned with no bill and an active DD, any delays are entirely down to them, so in the (extremely unlikely IMO) event they were to try and levy charges they'd have a fight on their hands. That said, I think I'll email them and point out the situation just so it's all in writing.
    I agree with both of you on everything, I really don't see how they can find any wrong in your doings. I hope you didn't think I was implying otherwise, this wasn't my intention.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Recently helped an older relative switch their electric from e.on to Iresa, after we did it for our own electric supply at the end of last year.

Switch has gone very smoothly, with update emails and request for a meter reading for the day of the switch.

All completed well within the 35 day limit, without needing to contact them.

A meter reading was provided at the weekend and it has already appeared in the account, along with the DD credit that was added within a couple of days in the transaction record.

Seems that if you leave them to get on with it, without any changes, or hazzleing them, it can go smoothly!

Final bill already arrived from e.on within a week of the changeover, with the actual readings provided passed on from Iresa (and Zog for gas). So switch now complete and relative happy with good rates for another year!
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I agree with both of you on everything, I really don't see how they can find any wrong in your doings. I hope you didn't think I was implying otherwise, this wasn't my intention.

No, no, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. It's good you pointed it out.
    Re-reading the email that came with the direct debit setup they do ask customers to contact them in case of a problem so I just fired off a quick note but I don't think I'll hear anything.

This might have something to do with it:
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Is this relevant?

"Good news in your Monday mug! We have updated our calorific value, and our customers have been refunded the difference for past usage"

https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/status/841209081767550976

They really do like working down to the wire on things don't they!
    Hengus wrote: »
    I am rather hoping that Ofgem is knocking on their door. My gas transactions haven't been updated since I complained about their use of an incorrect calorific value. I am a day away from being in a position to take the matter to the EO.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Just switched today.

I,ve received the direct debit setup email but not the order acknowledgement email.

Could anyone please tell me how long it had taken for them to receive the acknowledgement email?

Thanks!
  • Just switched today.

I,ve received the direct debit setup email but not the order acknowledgement email.

Could anyone please tell me how long it had taken for them to receive the acknowledgement email?

Thanks!

In my case the "You've set up a Direct Debit", "Your Order Confirmation" and "Order Acknowledgement" emails were all received within a couple of minutes of each other on the same day as the order was placed online.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Gambler wrote: »
    Just had my final bill off Eon. All sorted? Nope. Gas is fine.

Eon have used an estimated reading for elec so iresa have obviously not bothered to pass on the reading I sent to them on 08 Feb.

Still no direct debit taken for March.

Absolute joke of a company. They should be stopped from taking on any new customers as they obviously can't cope with the demand and their systems are pretty poor.

Hello Gambler.

Is the estimated electricity meter reading different to the one you gave Iresa? When we receive readings from the third party (Data Collector), we show them as estimates as they're not yours or from a meter reader.

If it's different, the third party could've sent the same reading to us and Iresa so both suppliers can use it to start/close their respective accounts. This stops the same electricity from being charged twice.

Provided the difference is above 250 kWh, the change can be challenged through an industry wide process known as an Agreed Readings Dispute (ARD). The two suppliers will re-agree a reading and re-submit it. Once approved, both suppliers will amend their bills accordingly. If below 250 kWh, an ARD can't be used and the current reading will stand. This will mean paying one supplier for more kWh's than expected but this is balanced out by paying the other less.

A final thought. As you sent the reading over a month ago and if nothing has come through, we could've automatically have estimated. If this is the case, we'll re-bill once we receive the actual reading from the third party.

Sorry for the speculation Gambler.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Just had my final electric bill from BG but for one day they have put me on the standard tariff, despite knowing I was switching. I called them and quoted the Supply Licence Conditions as above, but the senior advisor will not budge. It's only a few pence, but it's the principle and will also apply to the gas final bill. I threatened with refer to ofgem, but it made no difference. Any advice?
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just had my final electric bill from BG but for one day they have put me on the standard tariff, despite knowing I was switching. I called them and quoted the Supply Licence Conditions as above, but the senior advisor will not budge. It's only a few pence, but it's the principle and will also apply to the gas final bill. I threatened with refer to ofgem, but it made no difference. Any advice?

That's what British Gas said to me too
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport