Zanussi / Currys warranties

Just been into Currys to buy an electric oven.The Zanussi one I wanted was out of stock but while chatting to the sales assistant he told me it was covered by Zanussi's 1 year warranty which was parts only and if I wanted more I'd have to take out a Currys extended warranty.
When I pointed out the Sale of goods act he claimed he didn't know about that.
Checking on Zanussis's website they say their warranty covers parts and service which I presume to mean labour.

Thoughts ?

Comments

• EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Of course it covers parts & labour.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Maybe someone should tell Curry's
  • Daz2009 wrote: »
    When I pointed out the Sale of goods act he claimed he didn't know about that.
    Well, seeing as the Sale of goods act no longer covers consumer sales, why would he need to know about it?
  • Daz2009
    Well, seeing as the Sale of goods act no longer covers consumer sales, why would he need to know about it?
    Ok so it's now called The Consumer Rights Act but that change only happened 2 weeks ago, so yes,he should be aware of 1 or the other don't you think.
    Anyway you're missing the point,he reckoned it was the manufacturers problem not the retailers even when I pointed out he was wrong.
  • LABMAN
    LABMAN Posts: 1,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Daz2009 wrote: »
    Ok so it's now called The Consumer Rights Act but that change only happened 2 weeks ago, so yes,he should be aware of 1 or the other don't you think.
    Anyway you're missing the point,he reckoned it was the manufacturers problem not the retailers even when I pointed out he was wrong.
    It was October 2015
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Daz2009 wrote: »

Now you know that Curry's don't have a clue, why don't you buy somewhere else?
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I know legally it's the retailers problem to get things fixed but in practice the manufacturer does it. If your new Zanussi (or other brand) breaks down under guarantee you could call Currys (or other retailer), they will then call the manufacturer & arrange for an engineer to visit at a time of their choosing. If you call the manufacturer direct you can arrange a visit at a time convenient to you. Just have the receipt handy, although the engineer will be able to tell how long ago it was made.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • Daz2009
    LABMAN wrote: »
    It was October 2015

Fair dos,my mistake,but don't you think the salesman should be aware of any relevant legislation ?
  • Daz2009
    Now you know that Curry's don't have a clue, why don't you buy somewhere else?

As I said they were out of stock so I didn't buy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure