Couch to 5k Running - Part Four Beginners Running

Comments

• RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We used this one after starting with the NHS c25k pod cast for the first couple of weeks (has some usefull pacing info and encouragment ;))
  • We used this one after starting with the NHS c25k pod cast for the first couple of weeks (has some usefull pacing info and encouragment ;))

Thank you Richard, I had a look at that one but it looks like it's iphone only? (there's a link to the app store but not to google play) I'm not an iperson so need something that's available on android.
    Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 August 2014 at 8:30PM
    Thank you Richard, I had a look at that one but it looks like it's iphone only? (there's a link to the app store but not to google play) I'm not an iperson so need something that's available on android.

We have android, HTC (I never touch Apple ;)) so it should be there :think:

edit:

Yep, just checked, search in Play Store on your phone for c25k free ;)
  • We have android, HTC (I never touch Apple ;)) so it should be there :think:

edit:

Yep, just checked, search in Play Store on your phone for c25k free ;)

Thank you Richard! I've found it :) I wonder why they don't link to the play store on the website? Very odd.

Now I need to decide if I should start this weekend or wait until my cold has cleared up. Part of me thinks I should get started straight away while I'm keen. Another part is saying that may not be wise - if I feel horrendous after the first session then i might be less likely to carry on with it.
  • opal1221
    opal1221 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Hi everyone I've just joined c25k too. Got it into my head then bought a new (decent) sports bra and an armband for my phone. Not exactly money saving but will still be cheaper overall than joining a gym. I downloaded the app and went straight to the park to complete my first run. Even though it was only 25 mins with 6 1min runs I still feel pleased with myself and glad I've begun! It's even spurred me on to do some gardening!
    Starting to save for my first house deposit in 2017!
    £150 / £10,800
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    I haven't run since Tuesday, blister is still there, and due to poor shoes choice and Reading festival yesterday I have even more!! Going to try and get out tomorrow morning though, as I'm keen to get W8 completed.

Welcome to all the new people too!
  • Gonzo1987 wrote: »
    I haven't run since Tuesday, blister is still there, and due to poor shoes choice and Reading festival yesterday I have even more!! Going to try and get out tomorrow morning though, as I'm keen to get W8 completed.

Welcome to all the new people too!

Have you tried the compeed blister plasters? I tend to get blisters incredibly easily and I found that they help protect the blister and ease the discomfort. That said, I'm usually rubbish about blisters and end up taking a pin to them - I know they say you shouldn't and there are probably very good reasons why it is a bad idea, but I am borderline compulsive about it.
  • Gonzo1987
    I have bought some blister plasters, so will give them a go and get out for a run tomorrow. I have managed to just take all the skin off the back of one foot, which is delightful.
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    OK- can someone please explain to me in a VERY simple way how to download the running app on Samsung Galaxy S4 mini?

Please keep i mind I have never downloaded any app so have no idea where to go (on phone or on computer)?

Anyone patient enough?

Thanks a million....
  • Gonzo1987
    This should help!! http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/chapter/324-14-how-to-download-apps-to-your-galaxy-s3

I recommend rundouble, which isn't free (you get the first 2 weeks free though) but I'm sure there are free apps which are just as good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure