What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 06/03

Comments

• angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    FVD - thats great re the job offer, fingers crossed it works out for you :)
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • What a lovely thread, may I join? I don't really have anything today except that I deliberately made too much dinner last night (veg lasagne) so that both DH and I could take leftovers to work for lunch.

Oh, I know!

Woke up this morning determined to clean the oven, which I can honestly say has never, ever been my initial waking thought before in my LIFE. But we don't have oven cleaner and I'd have to go and buy some. So my DFW Thing Of The Day is to not clean the oven :rotfl:
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 March 2017 at 9:31AM
    Hi & welcome armchairexpert :) can you not use bicarb to clean the oven? If memory serves me right (and it's been a long time since I've cleaned mine!) you make up a paste with it, smear it on, leave for a while and then clean off with warm water. Google it

Right finished first coffee so should start getting on! Things to do:

* [STRIKE]gather lunch soup & fruit for me[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]quick shower and let hair dry naturally while getting ready[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]check banking[/STRIKE]
    * get a$da vouchers off of oh to pick up a few (free) bits while passing later
    * update expenses
    * use office time wisely and not chat too much!
    * [STRIKE]just gave madam the milk she didn't want yesterday [/STRIKE];)
    * take garden fork & buggy out of my boot before work
    * might sow some seeds this evening only have aubergines & carrots now to be up to date :money: oh is being remarkably cool about all the seed trays laying around :p
    * [STRIKE]check weather and if good hang out washing[/STRIKE]

Ok better get cracking! May the force be with you all! x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning Campers,
    Today's frugal tasks:
    *Free fitness doing a morning of gardening.
    *Sow the rest of my March flower seeds - all free packets (seed trays are recycled meat trays & labels are those I cut down from plastic spread tubs so zero spend.
    *Pop out to pick up rest of my prescription. Wait till mr f is home to drop me off & circle the block to avoid parking fee.
    *List 2 tops on ebay....only managed 1 new listing & re-listings yesterday as had to go out.
    *Write up next week's meal plans.
    *Do shopping list & try to get a £1 green delivery slot for an online order this week.
    *Freeze most of the bread rolls I baked yesterday.
    *Cut a bowl of home grown rocket to go with our meal tonight.
    *Order last few packs of veggie seeds I need - may try out cashback app (normally something I just cba with as like to support local businesses).
    *Use-it-up.....have been slurping my way through all the oddments of weird & wonderful tea bags in our drinks cupboard......just 2 more left & ONLY then can I buy some nice new ones. Odd sachets of instant coffee used up for making drinks for workmen. I might be an ardent money saver these days but I don't 'do' instant coffee!
    *Sock knitting later on. I will finish this one today or tomorrow.
    OK, must get a shift on as greenhouse is beckoning. Have a good day all.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Ha ha hear you there Foxgloves If it's not ground it's not coffee.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 March 2017 at 10:24PM
    Good Morning All

Gosh, another gorgeous morning to wake up to, my little list:

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Washing & line dry - Done all bedding
    Freeglers to collect - one came, two didn't
    List more bits on Freegle - Done
    Clean front door -
    Continue purge on emails -
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer - Done
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL - Done
    Read (am going to sit in garden for a while later and enjoy this gorgeous sunshine even if I sit in my coat) - Done

Have a great day all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 March 2017 at 6:52PM
    Morning all!

The sun is shining! The tank is clean! (well, not really but when you work full time... :D )

Feeling chipper and full of the joys of spring! Not going to gym gym as wish to rest my body in the hopes of overcoming this ear infection. Been using the spray as directed :A

Those of you who like ground coffee - I have been getting some Lyons stuff for 89p in B&M - it's not amazing but quite drinkable :)

Today's mission is possibly aspirational but will see how much I get done:
    • B/L/D from stores - done
    • Choose meal plan - done and do big shop accordingly - done
    • Make banana bread - done
    • Cook chickpeas in SC - done
    • Make date and nut energy balls - done
    • Water chilli plants - I remember some peeps were talking about overwintering them. I have tried before but always brought them in too late. I brought them in at the beginning of October this year and so far I only lost the two weakest plants. Fingers' crossed for the rest! - done
    • Log calories in MFP - done
    • Sow seeds! Woohoo (finally I will get round to it!) - done
    • Finish joining the commission blanket. I am almost out of yarn so may have to find something else for the border :o (there was no gauge on the pattern)
    • Washing in machine then out on the line to dry - done
    • Air curtains on the line. Really want to wash them but don't dare to!
    • No alcohol (12 day streak) - I'm aware that I probably sound a bit of an alcoholic (maybe I am???) but I just really like the taste of it! - done
    • Start working through some of the Ebay pile :o
    • Take some bits to the CS
    • Try to fix the draft seal on the bedroom window. This is very niggley roundtuit - done
    • Dye my hair because I am revolting haha
    Haaa better crack on with it then!

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 9 March 2017 at 10:17AM
    Morning all :hello: didn't manage to get on here yesterday, too long a day at work! Today I am working from home :j:j

Agree on the coffee point ladies :coffee: I too have been using up random teabags, spurred on by visiting a pal and been offered an amazing selection of brews, but have resisted buying any until my pot is empty. Although I refuse the lemon and ginger, just not my cup of tea (excuse the pun:rotfl:) and DH bought them for himself, so he'll have to drink them ;)

Anyway today:

Check banking, surveys, FPL
    Washing out on line, another load in as I think I'll be able to dry that too
    Used some cleaning material I already have to dry and get rid of several 'black' spot on kitchen wall and ceiling - doors and windows open to air at the same time:D
    Treat out with DH at lunch time (from personal spends) this is our 'date night' for an hour. We are making a new master plan after our big decision at the weekend
    Tea from stores
    Volunteer meeting tonight
    message pal about popping for a brew tomorrow, now I need to go up near her way for work
    Plan what to cook at the weekend when we have visitors, use what we have first
    check fleabay items
    Put bags for charity shop in car - I will get them out of the door at some point!

Be back later, Purps
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 March 2017 at 10:50PM
    Morning
    Bright and sunny here and the children are up and sorting themselves out.

Today's plans:
    NSD
    Renew library loans
    Stick to meal plan
    Home educate children for free
    Free entertainment for us, books, games, trying to knit, tv or dvd from our collection
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use
    Make a batch of porridge, currently we are adding peanut butter and molasses, cheap, tasty and filling & we also buy all the ingredients in bulk from the wholesaler so even cheaper.
    Set WM to run overnight
    Set DW to run overnight
    FPL, Ashleigh
    RMS

Tidy house, tidy mind:
    Sweep downstairs
    Dust downstairs
    Wipe down kitchen appliances
    Consider cleaning the oven
    Extinguish the hot spot that is the kitchen table
    Delete 100 emails

Last night I remembered to get tonight's dinner out of the freezer, HM leek and bacon risotto, quick and easy tonight just needs reheating, no money spent defrosting.

All this talk of planting has got me excited, I have no idea what I'm doing but I want to grow things. I am going to look through my seeds to see what I have, then no doubt I will be back with 101 questions.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all
    Had a day off from computing yesterday because I'd fallen into can't-be-bothered mode. Spent the evening with Netflix and crochet and feel much refreshed for it this morning. Well, not sprightly but ok - less tired is perhaps a better way of describing it.
    Not much to report on the mse front. I'm disappointed with how my mood has dipped over the past couple of weeks so I'm just trying to ride it through and survive until I feel a bit better. Hope everyone is doing ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure