Streetlife / Nextdoor

Comments

• Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I don't think you can type in a false name and address as they have a system of vernifying your details.

If everyone asked them to send a verification postcard, it would be very expensive for them!
  • I want to leave streetlife and NOT join Nextdoor. I can't find a way to do this. I can't get into My Account on streetlife.

I do not want to join Nextdoor. Has any one else managed to do tis recently please?
  • I want to leave streetlife and NOT join Nextdoor. I can't find a way to do this. I can't get into My Account on streetlife.

Why can't you get into your streetlife account?
    If you have forgotten the password, you just go to the log in page and there is a link there for your PW to be reset.
  • Hi there,
    There is an alternative called Kahuti,
    Here is one of the responses I have received from them.
    Hope this helps everyone who if unhappy with Nextdoor's forced changes to our happy online communities.

"We have been blown away by the intensity of the feelings being shared with us. In fact, one user used the term “Streetlife Refugees”. It is truly amazing and gratifying because our intent is to create networks of connected communities and people who really care about their communities and see Kahuti as being part of it and not just a platform. We hope to always stay close to our users because that’s what really makes a community. It is not about geographic boundaries, it’s about real life experiences, sharing, interacting and working together."
  • Nextdoor seem to think that as your details are only available to people in your 'neighbourhood' that they are private, despite the fact that this may give thousands of people access to your name and address etc.

I have tried to delete my details from Nextdoor but as it says I'm not in an active neighbourhood, the cancel account screen won't work so I have had to email Nextdoor to insist that they delete all data thay hold on me from their servers. Now awaiting their further response.

In the meanwhile I am also deleting my Streetlife account to so data is not passed to Nextdoor.

What a mess!
  • I don't think that I've ever seen a better example of taking something that works, is very useful and very popular and screwing with it to such a degree that it becomes next to useless.

I honestly hope that the owners of Nextdoor end up losing money and change the requirements for their site because of it but I won't hold my breath waiting.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Phils69 - thanks for the info about kahuti - unfortunately, they don't have any members where I am, so not possible to see how their sight works.
    But I did email them.

Can you tell us anymore.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    If real neighbours get together, it shouldn't be too difficult to find someone who could set up a private forum for the immediate neighbourhood if it's really needed.
    There are always some that will find these sites appealing I guess.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • wapow
    wapow Posts: 939 Forumite
    Just plain sad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business