Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,754 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It'll probably take longer for the paper offer to arrive in second class post than it did to get from application to offer.

Plenty of our cases are as quick as this. It's the direct channel they seem to have issue with at the moment.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Dpw15
    Dpw15 Posts: 23 Forumite
    kingstreet wrote: »
    Whenever a milestone is reached, or an amendment made, the Halifax re-scores every application.

For example, when the valuation is completed and returned.

Do not apply for credit or anything else which involved a credit search during this process, right up to completion.

Thanks Kingstreet,

Just worried that my credit score reduced significantly when they to their hard credit search on my mortgage application.
    Hopefully this will not bring up a fail.
  • vicjen1984
    vicjen1984 Posts: 9 Forumite
    If so how many credit checks do they do throughout the process.

Thanks
  • Jon_B_2
    Jon_B_2 Posts: 832 Forumite
    First Post
    Jon_B wrote: »
    Moving quickly so far with Nationwide

14/05 mortgage application received
    15/05 valuation booked
    18/05 valuation received
    19/05 Mortgage offer in the post. Even the broker is surprised it went through this quick.
  • becksh1981
    becksh1981 Posts: 14 Forumite
    That is super quick, I can only wish ours will happen that quick. Waiting on text saying valuation has been booked, thought i was being optimistic expecting one the day after application was received, but Your post has given me hope still ��
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Just heard from my OH that our mortgage broker called to say our application has been approved! :beer:
    We only put our application in 2 weeks ago so didn't expect to hear so quickly. We did submit every piece of paperwork and info that we thought they could possibly need though, and then some, so they didn't need to contact us for additional info which possibly helped speed things up.
  • vicjen1984
    vicjen1984 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Hi, anyone had any experience with Tesco mortgage? Do they do final credit checks before completion? Thanks
  • stassy23
    stassy23 Posts: 404 Forumite
    stassy23 wrote: »
    Well my journey so far.
    Viewed house and liked it.
    11/05/15 redone aip with Santander last one ran out aip accepted
    12/05/15 put offer in on house offer accepted
    14/05/15 full mortgage application done
    Im not feeling confident just who i am i suppose.
    20/05/15 mortgage has been accepted :-)
    Just got to wait for valuation im still in shock
  • pepperpot2k
    pepperpot2k Posts: 21 Forumite
    Bit of a nightmare here!

14/04 Application to Post Office accepted
    28/04 Home-Buyers survey received
    29/04 Structural survey requested by Lender
    05/05 Structural survey carried out
    06/05 Structural report received
    Copy sent to Lender
    20/05 Lender reviewed case and has now requested a damp and timber report and quotations for some work picked up in the structural survey.

Our broker has recommended going with a different lender due to lack of progress, delayed requests for reports from lender etc.

So we're going with Santander now. Filling in paperwork tomorrow.

Just a bit of a nightmare really. We don't seem to be getting anywhere!
  • halfabee
    halfabee Posts: 43 Forumite
    I'm joining you...

02/05/2015 Viewed this property after searching for a few months, we are in an extremely competitive area in the south east and most offers we put in ended up selling for well over the asking price. Felt like we would never get a place, surely they can't be worth THIS much...

05/05/2015 Offer made & accepted (£5k under asking price, woo!). Now suspicious it's not worth even that, why would they accept it so quickly? Yeah, the market here is that messed up hehe. Then, EA advised not to do anything until chain above is at an end - not even apply for mortgage yet...

11/05/2015 Second viewing. Doubts about size and location, other niggly things (just FTB anxiety I think), viewing again really helped to remember we loved it. Further doubts about how long it would all take not helped by vendors telling us they were waiting for someone to be evicted from the place they wanted to buy.......! Spent a few days feeling anxious and miserable, reading this forum, worrying about time it takes to get a mortgage....

15/05/2015 EA called, chain above is ready! Totally unexpected, we'd started to talk ourselves out of the place and had been very lazy about finding a solicitor etc :eek:

18/05/2015 Go through details with broker (L&C), get quotes from a ton of solicitors, lots of thinking about the mortgage deal to go for

19/05/2012 Apply for mortgage with Halifax, one snag - we have to confirm solicitor before we can apply! Argh! We both work full time so had been difficult to do much about this, newish to the area so have no one to recommend. Lots of research and discussion in the evening, we end up going with L&C recommendation, Blacks Direct. I hope we don't live to regret this, why hasn't the internet got anyone talking about them?? Google has failed me. It can surely only be a good sign, people only post stuff when they want to moan, right? Anyway we went that route after realising how little time either of us have so an online conveyancer, if it works, seems ideal for us

20/05/2015 Solicitor confirmed, mortgage application is in. Now need to send all the ID and stuff in the post. May be a slight delay as I STILL don't have my bank statements in the post, having asked weeks ago, and re-ordered when they didn't arrive. Online banking is great until you need paper :p

Emotional rollercoaster already, and it hasn't been that long. I'm a born pessimist so this next few months is going to be reeeeeeeeeeally fun :rotfl:

I would apologise for the long post but I kind of get the impression that this thread relies on any and all entertainment and distraction.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback