Options
124»

Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    I'm sure that would be the case, but the unit class the OP is trying to compare launched on 27th May 2014, so the retained income since inception is unlikely to be quite that significant. ;)

In that case, yes I agree, "massive" is an unreal expectation :D
    But possibly not surprising for someone who thinks the FTSE AS dividends will provide massive growth !
  • Chickereeeee
    Chickereeeee Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    What it is compared with should be the FTSE AS with dividends reinvested otherwise its not a good comparison since there should be a 2-3% variance each year in favor of the acc fund.

It is easy for a novice to get confused. In the OPs case, he did not see the small wording at the bottom of the performace graph on Trustnet:

"Price total return performance figures are calculated on a bid price to bid price basis (mid to mid for OEICs) with net income (dividends) reinvested"

and assumed the FTSE index line was a notional share price, ie without dividends re-invested.

Let he who has not (however briefly) made the same mistake when switching between charts of fund performance (usually showing dividends re-invested) and Investment Trusts or shares (usually showing just NAV or share price, dvidends NOT invested) cast the first stone....

C
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe I and others have been a little unfair to the OP but suggesting Fidelity were participating in a scam was red rag time.

The way of the word today is that everything is a scam and I want compensation.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 March 2017 at 8:21AM
    Options
    It is easy for a novice to get confused. In the OPs case, he did not see the small wording at the bottom of the performace graph on Trustnet:

"Price total return performance figures are calculated on a bid price to bid price basis (mid to mid for OEICs) with net income (dividends) reinvested"

and assumed the FTSE index line was a notional share price, ie without dividends re-invested.

Let he who has not (however briefly) made the same mistake when switching between charts of fund performance (usually showing dividends re-invested) and Investment Trusts or shares (usually showing just NAV or share price, dvidends NOT invested) cast the first stone....

C

What, the same mistake when not understanding some financial output, of immediately accusing a major financial companies fund of being a scam ?

Dont think I've done that, AFAICR. :eek:
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am a trained mathematician, who works in banking, and if a customer like me has to resort to the good folk of MoneySavingExpert forums, then Fidelity really does have a problem in the way it communicates with its customers.

Fidelity is a supplier. Not an adviser or intermediary. It supplies plenty of written material but it is not set up to train consumers.

One assumes that this is not your only fund as it would be pretty bad investing if it is.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure