What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 06/03

Comments

• LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    edited 11 March 2017 at 10:35AM
    Morning all

Forgot to say yesterday I've been using a site recently called Magic Freebies UK I've signed up to them on Facebook and you get to see freebies. The last freebies that I signed up for was a free cycling magazine for my DH. But they have garden seeds, cosmetics, toiletries and all sorts on there.

I'm going to North Yorkshire today Foxglove and Yorkshirelass! It's the MS place to be! We'll probably go for a little walk and then have a coffee stop and use my mostly Wombled loyalty points.

Check market research in North Yorkshire nothing available.

Defrost muscle food chicken- I'm making a satay stir fry using YS sauce

Have a great Saturday all. LP x
    Competition wins £13,987.09
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 March 2017 at 3:56PM
    Morning folks

Well it's my "Monday". Had a very fun and productive Thursday but yesterday was a bit of a damp squib.

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores
    • Log calories in MFP. On it like a car bonnet. Last week ended up on maintenance cals on average. Must do better! Have made a couple of tweaks to meal plan accordingly.
    • Charge phone in work
    • Nip to B&M for coffee
    • Continue to join blanket. Lady now wants it for 23rd March. this should be ok but must work on it.
    • Need to make soup but no room in freezer :/ (not sure why it is so stupidly full. Need to do a shuffle methinks
    • Went onto freegle for the first time ever to look for pallets
    • Forgot to add - no alcohol day 14.
    Eeeps did not post

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all,

Awol/lurking for a couple of days as wasn't feeling very motivated and didn't want to moan lots on here.

I have paid my CC with a small overpayment, had a cheap yet successful haircut at the college and checked my updated Noodle which was depressing. Score has gone down (not that apparently this means anything) but all accounts are showing as up to date so can only get better right? I don't want more credit but I do wish I could get my debt onto 0% just to make more progress as currently paying £40 a month in interest.

Today:
    *Pet related cleaning - done
    *Washing mountain - on
    *General tidy up
    *Small top up shop with a list
    *Use Gym membership with DD this afternoon so LSD
    *Mantra 'I have got this!'
    *Check in with YNAB and bank account
    *All food from stores
    *Little bit of creative time

Its a bit yucky here today so apart from gym will stay in. Tomorrow I really need to motivate DD into tidying her room so I can clean it. She is always quite resistant as there is always a good reason why she needs to keep x,y,z and why it all needs to be 'displayed' on her bedroom floor. Still if I can stay upbeat I am sure we will get through it.
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • angelpye
    All this talk of handbags! I so need a new one but really want these £500 designer shoes. Not that I can have them. I have never wanted designer anything before but I am in love. Maybe once debt is clear I can allow myself to save for something special that is not perhaps so expensive! Ridiculous, this time last year I could 'afford' such things and never saw anything I fancied. Probably a can't have therefore I want it situation.
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    EF £0/£4200
  • angelpye wrote: »
    Morning all,

Awol/lurking for a couple of days as wasn't feeling very motivated and didn't want to moan lots on here.

I have paid my CC with a small overpayment, had a cheap yet successful haircut at the college and checked my updated Noodle which was depressing. Score has gone down (not that apparently this means anything) but all accounts are showing as up to date so can only get better right? I don't want more credit but I do wish I could get my debt onto 0% just to make more progress as currently paying £40 a month in interest.

Ignore the score :) there worst type of customer is one that is paying on time - they aren't making money off them ;)
  • angelpye wrote: »
    All this talk of handbags! I so need a new one but really want these £500 designer shoes. Not that I can have them. I have never wanted designer anything before but I am in love. Maybe once debt is clear I can allow myself to save for something special that is not perhaps so expensive! Ridiculous, this time last year I could 'afford' such things and never saw anything I fancied. Probably a can't have therefore I want it situation.

I remember when we were in debt, OH and I saw the most amazing carved wooden drinks cabinet. It was £300 that we just didn't have. We are desperately looking for another one! Sometimes something is just special to you for no apparent reason! hopefully when you are debt free, something will cross your path that you can save for :)
  • angelpye
    Thanks Carrie, I just wish they didn't bother with the score as it is distracting! I am determined to have a little pot just for me for whatever once the debt is gone and the 'right' level of savings are in place. I am committed to only buying really good quality that I absolutely love so won't mind if this is only one or two things a year. For now, I will just have to enjoy the dream!
    EF £0/£4200
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Afternoon all.
    Busy busy. My relaxing weekends are starting to get a bit manic.
    Worked hard enough not to have to bring any school work home but have seriously neglected housework for the past few days. So the house looks like a small nuclear device has gone off in it, and the washing up and washing is starting to take over the kitchen.
    Got up early for training this morning. Went to Mr S on the way home for a much needed grocery shop. Got home, then popped to bestie's for an hour. Then picked dh up to take us all to ds football match. DH discovered a giant bolt in the front tyre of the car so I dropped them at football then took the car to tyre spot. Good news was that the front puncture could be repaired for £18. Bad news was that there was also a screw in one of the back tyres that couldn't be repaired, so £80 for a new one. :(
    DS lost football 6-0 (like watching Sunderland).
    Now just tutoring and an early night to look forward to.
  • Afternoon all.
    Busy busy. My relaxing weekends are starting to get a bit manic.
    Worked hard enough not to have to bring any school work home but have seriously neglected housework for the past few days. So the house looks like a small nuclear device has gone off in it, and the washing up and washing is starting to take over the kitchen.
    Got up early for training this morning. Went to Mr S on the way home for a much needed grocery shop. Got home, then popped to bestie's for an hour. Then picked dh up to take us all to ds football match. DH discovered a giant bolt in the front tyre of the car so I dropped them at football then took the car to tyre spot. Good news was that the front puncture could be repaired for £18. Bad news was that there was also a screw in one of the back tyres that couldn't be repaired, so £80 for a new one. :(
    DS lost football 6-0 (like watching Sunderland).
    Now just tutoring and an early night to look forward to.

Bad news on the tyre :(, but on the plus side at least it was spotted and didn't suddenly deflate and leave you stranded somewhere :)
  • angelpye
    CCL - I had a tyre saga straight after my lightbulb moment so I truly feel your pain! The fix was nice and cheap though and as Carrie said at least you weren't stranded. Strange to have two go at the same time though.
    EF £0/£4200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family