Season Ticket Questions

2»

Comments

• JP08
    JP08 Posts: 851 Forumite
    Oh - and another thing - make sure, if you get an Oyster separately, to link it to your Network Rail Season Ticket (which should be a Gold Card one). https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adult-discounts-and-concessions/annual-gold-cards

The important bit is "With the Annual Gold Card discount set on your Oyster card you get 1/3 discount on off-peak pay as you go fares and off-peak daily caps on Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail and most National Rail services in London." - if you travel in early like we do, adds up to quite a saving ...
  • JP08 wrote: »
    Oh - and another thing - make sure, if you get an Oyster separately, to link it to your Network Rail Season Ticket (which should be a Gold Card one). https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adult-discounts-and-concessions/annual-gold-cards

The important bit is "With the Annual Gold Card discount set on your Oyster card you get 1/3 discount on off-peak pay as you go fares and off-peak daily caps on Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail and most National Rail services in London." - if you travel in early like we do, adds up to quite a saving ...

I mentioned that upthread. No good for the OP as they are doing a 'normal hours commute' and so would using the Tube during the peak charging period (weekday journeys starting 0630-0930 and 1600-1900).
  • Almost £7,500 just to get to/from work?????

God knows i love London but i dunno how you folks can stick the cost of functioning down there.

I've just bought a 7 year old 3-bed semi with good room sizes that won't cost me £7.5k in mortgage payments a year!

:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport