Kensington Mortgage application timescale

Hi- I hope this is the right place to post. We are waiting (almost 3 weeks) to hear from Kensington about our application. We were expecting lots of extra paperwork requests from what I have read on here. Anyone been through this that can maybe reassure me please? How do I know when they have done a valuation? The credit checks have been done though. Thank you!

Comments

• obay
    obay Posts: 570 Forumite
    Our Kenstington mortgage took a total of 6 weeks to complete, the last week was the valuation on the Monday, and then the offer came through on Friday.

6 weeks that they took to underwrite our mortgage that we wanted.

They ask for a ton of paper work on week 1 and week 2, little bits of paper work through to valuation then they make they're choice.

9/10 if you didn't get declined at credit search, you'll more then likely be placed for valuation then your offer is in your hands. (as this is what happened with us).
    [STRIKE]1/12/16 - £152,599.00 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]11/11/17 - £145,990.00 [/STRIKE] <> Overpaid £3916.
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
    Barclays Car (5.99%)£0/£8,832.37
  • Bunneroo
    Bunneroo Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you- we are about to start week 4 and nothing has been asked for... this silence is driving me mad. Glad it worked out for you.
  • Hi I'm in the same boat at the moment and it's driving me crazy. Did yeverything go ok.? Hoping it's not much longer now.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Kensington do usually get there, they are just ridiculous when it comes to underwriting. I always pre-warn my clients if we use kensington (and one or 2 other lenders) that they will make it hard work and that it is not a sign of their application being a bad one, it is just kensington being a nightmare for everyone.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Hi, I'm awaiting a reply from Kensington too, passed DIP with tsb but failed application so now trying kensington.

They have asked for so much paperwork! I'm recently self employed (2 years) and my partner had adverse credit hence Kensington. Only a couple of old defaults Nothing over about £500 all settled but one which drops off next year.

Are they quite lenient? We've passed application just awaiting underwriters decision but they keep asking for more and more paperwork - I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. They are taking a really long time every time we submit more paperwork they take 6 days to review it and the estate agents are pestering me to get the valuation booked. Any experiences?

Thanks
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Molly1996 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm awaiting a reply from Kensington too, passed DIP with tsb but failed application so now trying kensington.

They have asked for so much paperwork! I'm recently self employed (2 years) and my partner had adverse credit hence Kensington. Only a couple of old defaults Nothing over about £500 all settled but one which drops off next year.

Are they quite lenient? We've passed application just awaiting underwriters decision but they keep asking for more and more paperwork - I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. They are taking a really long time every time we submit more paperwork they take 6 days to review it and the estate agents are pestering me to get the valuation booked. Any experiences?

Thanks
    My post above yours should answer your question
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Ajhoyle
    Ajhoyle Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hi, we are also applying with kensington. We subbmitted full application 2 weeks ago and last week they requested documents. What other information have they requested from you? We have been asked for wage slips, accountants reference, mortgage statements... waiting is driving me crazy!!!
  • Hi
    I thought I would keep you updated as all Iv done is search for help and there isn't a lot of threads on Kensington. So we got our DIP in march and bought the house on the 6th April 2017. We then sent of all paperwork and on 31st May the Valuation was done. I am still waiting for an offer from them. It's driving me crazy so worried there going to say no. Anyway Iv emailed them and hopefully I should have an offer by the end of the week so I will keep you up to date. But up to now it's been 9 weeks :( x
  • Ajhoyle
    Ajhoyle Posts: 8 Forumite
    Ahhh they are so slow. Fingers crossed you have it this see. What docs did you send? We've sent
    3 wage slips and p60
    Accountants reference
    Mortgage statement

Did they request anything else from you?
    Thankyou
  • alfed
    alfed Posts: 11 Forumite
    Hi
    Just thought I would join forum.
    Story so far.
    DIP with kensington 02 May 2017
    Found house offer accepted on 03 May 2017.
    Full application with docs sent in through broker and paid £400 valuation fee on 25 May 2017.
    Documents requested where 3 months personal statements,3 months business statements,mortgage statement with current mortgage balance,3 years SA302s (self employed),proof of deposit from sale of my current house,2 forms of ID.
    They did ask to see docs I already sent the broker last Tuesday which where the proof of deposit from sale,which I think they already had,however it takes them a further 5-6 working days to look at the docs again.
    So currently still waiting,getting hassle of Estate agent for valuation to be done.
    I'll keep you all posted as to the outcome,good luck everyone!&#55357;&#56722;
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback