Meerkat Movies

Comments

• badbunny42
    badbunny42 Posts: 53
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    badbunny42 wrote: »
    I have the same problem, I went with ERV at £2.05
    Just took an extra day. All working now.
  • central.fm wrote: »
    Hi. I've found that this is badly researched advice from Deal Hunters. I got Travel insurance for £2.03 but It wont validate it. And when I looked at the terms and conditions, it CLEARLY says that Travel Insurance is one of the purchases that they WONT accept.
    This has been terrible advice that has wasted mine and many other people's money.
    Did MSE Deal Hunters get a nice kick back from Compare The Market for tricking so many people into wasting their money or are the researchers just incompetent?

I'm afraid it is not the MSE deal hunters that are incompetent I'm afraid. Lifted from the meerkat movies T&C's:

What products qualify for the 2 for 1 cinema tickets?
    To qualify for MEERKAT MOVIES membership, you need to purchase one of the following products via comparethemarket.com: car, motorcycle, home, van, pet, landlord, life, home/content or travel insurance. You can also qualify by taking out a credit card or loan or switch energy, digital TV or broadband supplier.

You were probably looking at the wrong T&C's. The T&C's you were looking at were maybe the ones for the free toys, which does not include travel insurance.

Can you not see the people above who have successfully obtained the offer with the £2.03 travel insurance.

My activation won't work either, I have emailed CTM and they have replied that it can take 48hrs for the code to work once they have received details back from the insurer.
  • So far there is nothing to apologise for.
    The terms and conditions via the app differ from this, by showing that travel insurance is not one of the listed accepted purchases.
    The app will not validate after purchasing from ERV and entering the policy number.
    It either resets or I keep being told to enter a valid purchase or to try again.
    I have contacted Compare The Market directly, so I will post their reply. But at present I stand by what I said. This Doesn't Work....
  • central.fm wrote: »
    So far there is nothing to apologise for.
    The terms and conditions via the app differ from this, by showing that travel insurance is not one of the listed accepted purchases.
    The app will not validate after purchasing from ERV and entering the policy number.
    It either resets or I keep being told to enter a valid purchase or to try again.
    I have contacted Compare The Market directly, so I will post their reply. But at present I stand by what I said. This Doesn't Work....

As previously stated, only one person being incompetent here. I'm waiting for your apology........ If you are still having problems reading it, I can cut just the sections that says "travel insurance" and enlarge it 1000% for you if you require.

DIRECT FROM THE APP!!!!!!!!

IMG_0177.png
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Worked for me, bought a policy for £2 odd (from ERV) and validated it via compare the market.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,725
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I bought mine today, it won't work, but I'll try it daily for a few days before I panic.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,725
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    zappomatic wrote: »
    I'd say it's better than Orange Wednesdays - lower entry cost, no need to pay out 35p a text every time, works on Tuesday OR Wednesday, works in conjunction with Cineworld Bargain Tuesdays. Only thing that's missing is Pizza Express but there are plenty of alternatives.

What are bargain Tuesday's?

Is it a food offer?

I usually get my grandson a child's box.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 20 April 2015 at 5:57PM
    Kim_kim wrote: »
    What are bargain Tuesday's?

Is it a food offer?

I usually get my grandson a child's box.

I believe bargain Tuesdays is you can watch a film for something like £5 ( it used to be) will have to check the cineworld site yourself, might only be at selected cinemas though.
  • Just got a days uk insurance for £2.75. Went with the cheapest and first on the list. However on trying to activate Meerkat Movies there are 3 drop down menus.

The first dropdown box says: Select your product

I’ve put Travel Insurance

The second drop down box says: Select your brand

What do I put here? Travelinsurance.co.uk is not on the list

The third drop down box says: Your policy number

I’ve put this in

Can anyone help? I hope I'm not the first to fail.
  • psstoverere
    psstoverere Posts: 284
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    littleROB wrote: »
    Just got a days uk insurance for £2.75. Went with the cheapest and first on the list. However on trying to activate Meerkat Movies there are 3 drop down menus.

The first dropdown box says: Select your product

I’ve put Travel Insurance

The second drop down box says: Select your brand

What do I put here? Travelinsurance.co.uk is not on the list

The third drop down box says: Your policy number

I’ve put this in

Can anyone help? I hope I'm not the first to fail.

You dont need to fill this in if you just wait 2 or 3 days it should automatically give you the code
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback