Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Comments

• I took the full package with them for everything the boiler the drains and everything. My boiler is 13 years old so I accepted a £75 excess on that. Yesterday 9 May 2017I had a blocked drain and phoned them to get this resolved. The person who answered the phone said I had a £75 excess on everything on my contract which is totally untrue. I'm retired underwriter and insurance broker and I would sue them if it was worth the money. I know exactly what my contract says and they wanted me to pay £75 over the phone for someone to come and fix My Drain. It was cheaper to get the local firm to just come and do the job. I've cancelled my direct debit and signed up with another firm called reactive who look like a really good firm. This is just a firm of rip-off merchants I was paying £28 a month.
  • jicms
    jicms Posts: 482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I never received a reply to my email so have just cancelled my direct debit. Amazing that these people keep going.
  • Skoosh
    Skoosh Posts: 1 Newbie
    Do not go near this company a total rip off who quote t&c that make it impossible to cancel during your contract, took out a policy for our son in his new home, so after 4 months his boiler brokedown had to pay £75 to get someone out as we did not have a service on the bolier in the last 12months [ we only owned the house for 5 months ]even then they outsource to a local heating company to contact you who in turn arrange a day which is not instant, so we went elsewhere and paid £90 to get it fixed the same day we tried to get our £75 back no chance as they claim the company had started the procedures of arranging to come out even though we did not agree a day.

Tried to cancel policyeven that was joke eventully cancelled after 12 months and since then had 2 texts threating a 3rd party to start dedt procedings ......total nightmare PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM GO ELSEWHERE
  • jicms
    I was emailed and told to view my renewal in my account. "Viewing" actually confirmed my policy had been renewed. They never bothered to reply to my email to discuss the nearly 50% premium hike. I've cancelled my DD so hopefully won't hear from them again.
  • Edvin_Paus
    Edvin_Paus Posts: 8 Forumite
    You are better off getting a company that offers all in one package, which includes the new boiler, boiler installation and boiler cover just in case anything like that happens again. Hassle Free Boilers offer this type of deal.
    Love combi boilers!
  • STAY AWAY FROM 247 HOME RESCUE …..Ok So I am another unhappy customer with similar poor service and tales of woe! , Like many other people here are reporting.

Apparently it is a 30 rolling contract as long as you have not had a service or call out in that service year. However like many others I am sure have the boiler service after the contract renewal with in effect ties you back in to the full Length of the contract.

So I would like to know what my rights are. I have told them I want to cancel the service, they are telling me I would need to pay £120..To cancel how is this a 30 day rolling contract, as they advertise.

I currently pay by DD
    Has anyone had success in cancelling without the penalty?.

This company need shutting down.
  • jicms
    jicms wrote: »
    I was emailed and told to view my renewal in my account. "Viewing" actually confirmed my policy had been renewed. They never bothered to reply to my email to discuss the nearly 50% premium hike. I've cancelled my DD so hopefully won't hear from them again.

Interesting as I've cancelled my DD. It's due next week so I imagine they will suddenly decide to reply to my email after weeks of not being able to speak to them. I'm not wasting my time reading their Ts & Cs but can't imagine they can tie me into another year's contract with doubled premiums!
  • This company is terrible! They do not provide the service level you would expect from their glossy website and the level of cover which they state is actually misleading and they will avoid providing any service without you having to pay extra. At £25 a month I would have expected some reaction when my 3 year old boiler failed last month but no this is what happened:-
    April 27 (0630) We discovered the boiler had failed with no hot water and on investigation boiler displayed two error messages L2 or F2. Following the boiler reset procedure resulted in either of these error messages with no heating or hot water. Phoned 24/7 Home Rescue emergency line. I was informed that due to the L2 error code it could be a gas supply problem (despite my gas cooker working fine) and I would therefor have to pay £75 up front to cover the fact the 'problem' could be outside of the contract. I agreed to pay on the condition this amount would be refunded if the problem was not with the gas supply. I was then told someone would be in touch to come out and have a look within the next few hours, they could not give a specific time frame. Waited all day and at 4:30 phoned them to ask what was going on? I was told that due to the Bank Holiday weekend I would not have an engineer visit until Tuesday (2nd May). This I believe is totally unacceptable.
    When the engineer finally arrived on Tuesday he was unsure what was causing the problem and listed all of the parts he would replace to try and find and fix the fault. He would have to order the parts and contact 24/7 to make sure the cover was in place.
    I received a call from 24/7 on the following day stating that the parts required exceeded the 60% cost of the boiler as stated in the small print of their contract. They could however get the manufacturer to send an engineer but I would have to pay £100 contribution as the repair with the current parts listed was likely to exceed £700 and because of the 60% limit this would be my contribution. At this stage I just wanted my boiler fixing.
    When the Ideal engineer arrived he diagnosed the fault in 2 minutes. A leaking washer had allowed the gas jet to become corroded. He fixed the fault in about 20 minutes. He used 1 washer and a new gas injector (cost approx £30).
    24/7 have refused to provide a refund for £175 additional payments I have had to make to get this problem resolved and so there is no justification for £25 a month they are charging. If I had gone direct to Ideal I could have had a same day call out on April 27th with an all inclusive price of £280 including all parts and VAT.
    I have been paying 24/7 £300 a year for nothing!
    An absolute rip off! there are far better companies out there providing proper cover for a lot less!
  • Just to add insult to injury 24/7 Home response have a cancellation clause in their T&C's which will cost you £144 to cancel their policy outside of its anniversary. You must notify them within 30 days of the contract anniversary, if you attempt to notify them that you do not wish to continue prior to the 30 days they will only do it if you pay the £144. Avoid this company at all costs there are far better reputable companies out there!
  • _Anna_
    _Anna_ Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Dear all,
    I experienced some problems with 24/7 HR, emailed CAB and they told me that they would report them to Trading Standards. What else I can do? They charged me for work that had never been done and I have their invoice. Does anyone know whether it's an offence in the UK?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback