Best Premier Current Accounts Article Discussion Area

Comments

• herman2811
    herman2811 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    I currently have the Halifax Reward account, that pays me £5/month because my salary goes in every month.

I'm considering opening a Nationwide FlexPlus account - my question is: do i HAVE to switch all my direct debits etc over to the new account? My understanding is that, to get the benefits of the FlexPlus, I only need to pay in minimum £1000/month. So ideally, I would like to switch my salary over to this new account, but leave everything else the same. Then I could set up a standing order to transfer my salary to Halifax, and therefore still get the existing £5/month!

Any thoughts please?
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You don't have to move your DDs. Your plan should work ok.
  • Smilemore account by Smile.co.uk covers worldwide travel up to age 79.:D
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    What's the point in posting this if this account is not available to new applicants?
  • Rif
    Rif Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, I was thinking of opening up a Halifax Rewards account. Does anyone know if I have to move my entire account/dd's over to Halifax, or can I just set up a S.O to pay in £1k every month to get the £5 a month.

Also, could I then move that same £1k over to the Halifax Ultimate Reward account to knock the monthly fee of £15 down to £10?

And then send that £1k back to the Halifax Rewards account again for the month after etc..?

I like to call it recycling! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I doubt you will be allowed both, a Reward and an Ultimate Reward. But in any case, the T&Cs for these accounts are changing with effect from 1st May. Details are on the Halifx web pages, and there is a huge long thread about the changes on here somewhere.
  • Rif
    innovate wrote: »
    I doubt you will be allowed both, a Reward and an Ultimate Reward. But in any case, the T&Cs for the these account are changing with effect from 1st May. Details are on the Halfiax web pages, and there is a huge long thread about the changes on here somewhere.

My husband already has a Halifax rewards account, so perhaps I could open up the Ultimate rewards account although I'd ideally want it to be a joint account so we could both benefit.

I wonder what t&c's are changing. I hope they're not making changes to the benefits as this is the only one I could find with car breakdown cover, home cover and mobile insurance. All others who have offered this in the past are no longer taking on any new customers!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    innovate wrote: »
    I doubt you will be allowed both, a Reward and an Ultimate Reward.
    The T&Cs seem to say you can. In fact a 'couple' could have 3 Reward accounts (1 each plus a joint) and the same again with the Ultimate Reward account.

As far as I can tell from reading the notice of variation, the only thing thats changing on 1st May is that you'll no longer be able to hold both a sole and a joint Ultimate Reward account.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Rif wrote: »
    I wonder what t&c's are changing.
    Surely you've received a letter (back in January?).

If not, see here...

https://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/pdf/130501-bank-account-changes.pdf
  • Rif
    Surely you've received a letter (back in January?).

If not, see here...

https://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/pdf/130501-bank-account-changes.pdf

Thanks. Come to think of it, hubby did receive the change in t&c's for his Reward account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure