Can't afford to stay in a relationship

Comments

• Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Penitent wrote: »
    I don't understand how you were put into Council housing so quickly. It's been less than a month since your first post, it sounded like you were up to date with your rent, yet you've now been evicted by your landlord?

And going straight to the top of the list for a brand new build adapted house.

Yeah, right.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Cakeguts wrote: »
    There are some parts of the OP's comments in this thread that I find extremely hard to believe. It reads as if it has been written by someone who doesn't understand what being disabled in the ways they say they are actually mean. For example someone who has to use a wheelchair cannot climb into a bath even with help.

I think the disability related inconsistencies are the least of the issue tbh, lots of us say things that we don't actually mean literally. For example I say things like 'soudns like' 'I heard ...' etc, I've not heard a thing for a decade, what I literally mean is I lip read, and likewise I use a wheelchair and can, with help, get in the bath)

The improbabilities of how the system has responded to somebody voluntarily making themselves and their children homeless when they had a safe and secure home with a partner they love on the other hand ...
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    OP - if your house has been specially adapted in order to cope with your needs - why would you contemplate moving? You're not going to find another specially adapted for you easily.

Have you looked here :- https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/help-council-tax This might cut your liabilities a little.
  • kingfisherblue
    kingfisherblue Posts: 9,203 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Cakeguts wrote: »
    There are some parts of the OP's comments in this thread that I find extremely hard to believe. It reads as if it has been written by someone who doesn't understand what being disabled in the ways they say they are actually mean. For example someone who has to use a wheelchair cannot climb into a bath even with help.

My son uses a wheelchair (although he doesn't need it inside the house), and he can get into the bath with help. He can walk a short distance, but tires easily and has a great deal of pain. Getting into and out of the bath, he needs help due to his lack of balance.

However, I agree that there are major inconsistancies in this thread.
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I simply cannot read through all the comments since they are filled with such horrible judgements and assumptions that frankly are wrong.

We couldn't afford to stay together, it wasn't a choice I was making but a cause for why we split up. I love him more than he will ever understand but he just didn't have any way of supporting us and the kids were faced with homelessness if I didn't do something. We were left with £5.50 per month before food if we paying everything we had to.

We have moved out and we have been rehoused in a temp council house, we are waiting on a section of new builds to finish completion in August where a wheelchair accessible property is available. My ex has moved in with his Aunt near his work, however he's waiting news back of a flat so the kids can stay.

And he's not in the armed forces either for the person who said that I've not posted before.

Can I remind you again, I suffer anxiety and depression and so far have been very upset by what I've read - please be kind.

My overpayment of tax credits payment has came down so I have more to manage with now and the house will be a much lower rental than private so it's all looking really good for us at the moment. Finally feeling like head is absolutely be water.

Thank you everyone that's gave genuine, non judgemental and thoughtful advice.

Also the kids are doing great, we live near my family now so much more support and they start their new school on Monday

Not read all comments but I will. You love him so much, you're now living in temporary accommodation. To get more benefits.

You claim a lot of benefits and couldn't make your budget work, will you still be seeing him. New house, well done..not

You know there's loads of people who work, who have the same struggles. We for the new property is that the posh "we".

When you love someone and want to be with them, you'll do anything. You've had a baby with him and seperated due to money, my, my. Some would say your selfish....me yes.
  • just_trying
    edited 19 March 2017 at 1:06AM
    Hello

I do not understand your questions to the OP are you from another country and possibly your writing in English is poor? What are you meaning?

You mean written English. Where are you from. Born and bred here. Think nearly everyone would understand what I wrote.

Where are you from.

Here goes, some would say she's a scrounger, putting herself in a position to claim maximum benefits, yes, when there's people who work on less.
  • just_trying
    Now I know what you mean. It was just that previous post was not quite clear. I am in agreement.

Think it was quite clear, your ignorant saying you couldn't understand. Think I made it clear I didn't agree what she was doing.

I wonder where your from, you didn't reveal that, my youngest is dyslexic and your sort of comments are not good, I think I made my comments clear.
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    That could have been a genuine mistake when describing climbing into bath.

I still say shall we take the dogs for a walk and I have been a permanent wheelchair user (cannot walk at all) for 13 years.

Today we went for a walk on the prom...well that was how I described it. What actually happened was that youngest was the one walking and I was being pushed in the wheelchair.

Going for a roll on the prom doesn't have quite the same ring to it :rotfl:
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • NYM
    NYM Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    SingleSue wrote: »

Going for a roll on the prom doesn't have quite the same ring to it :rotfl:

Maybe not...but it sounds like it could be such fun! :rotfl:
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    and so much better than a shove on the prom1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories