PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comments

• i went into aldi yesterday after coming from the new tescos and spent 1quid on own brand sultana scones (for him) and nat yog for me i have even picked up one thing before now
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    hi...been to tesco today but wasnt very imoressed...spent a fiver it isnt a shop thats close to home so dont go in often....also went to the coop and got some bargains they have great yellow sticker action in there

going to have some reduced pork for tea and lots of veg as i got quite a lot reduced....with chocolatepudding for afters

have done meal plan for next week and am going to really try and keep the spends to a minimum in the run up to christmas..will need milk fruit etc but i think i have enough frozen meat to keep us going...will see how it goes

off to the german market in brum on sunday so looking forward to that...never been before
    take care tess

Oh the German Market. didn't realise it had started. I am going to Brum on Sunday, lunch at my Brothers, wonder if everyone fancys going to the market after lunch, must phone and find out.
    Slimming World at target
  • Have decided to start my December budget slightly early as paydays for me have moved earlier in the month. Had my first spends of Decembers budget over the last 2 days.

£14.77 Mr Ms Healthy weekly shop
    £1.32 Mr B Soup

Hope everyone is warm and toasty less than 4 weeks till the big man's big day :eek:
    Consolidated and under control 42 payments to go.
    :cool::(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(
    [STRIKE]£7028.50[/STRIKE]£5990.43
    Aim: 35 and Debtfree
  • Well my bad start to GC challenge continues as we had a celebratory meal out tonight (just because OH was back from working away) but I don't think there will be much of a problem with sticking under the budget as long as we don't eat too many takeaways! Back to the meal plans!
    Kitchen Debt - 2820/260
    Save £12k in 2013 #060: 1293.24/3000
    MFW: 88760.00/85000.00 (4.24% paid)
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Another little spend today, £3.35 for cat litter - Grrrr, pets :p. xx
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Called in Tosco tonight for my new mouse, had a look round ,8 large greenish bananas 42p, 500g Beef mince 57p from 2-85, so quiye pleased
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Hi all.

Just logging on to record my first spend of Dec budget ( month started yesterday for me as it's payday)

Direct debit for milk gone out today. Am actually embarassed to say it was for :o 41.53!!:eek::eek::eek:

I was really short of cash over the last month and so made the mistake of ordering basic groceries to be delivered with the milk once or twice knowing they wouldn't have to be paid for until payday:o Big Mistake and one I won't be making again.

D'you see why I need to get on board with this challenge:o

Off to Mr M's tomorrow evening after work so I'm meal planning tonight, will report spend tomorrow evening.

Hope everyone is well
    December G/C 172.85/250
    Dec NSD's 10/8:j
  • Please could I rejoin (yet again). I am budgeting £620, this is for:
    food
    toiletries
    cleaning materials
    OTC medicine
    prescriptions
    alcohol
    takeaways
    all food and drink bought whilst out & about

This is for 2 adults 2 children and lots of guests. This money is from now until 31st December.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have spent £49.60 (just a fraction under by can't remember the pennies!) so far so off to update my signature!
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just updated my sig.. we seem to have been in and out of Mr T al lots the last few days for odd bits. We've thankfully not done 'the usual' and picked up a trolley full of things when we went in for one item, and for a change I've been religious about updating my budget tracker which has helped loads.

So, new update in spending is £142.77 out of the allocated £250. I am a bit worried to be perfectly honest, we're only 1.5 weeks into the month! Mind you, we do have a fair bit of mince and cooked, shredded chicken in the freezer to keep us going for a little bit. But, we also have a house warming in a few weekend's time. I might ask people to chip in by bringing a dish along - that way there might be more variety too?

I'm going to Mr T on Sunday as my Mr T Direct Christmas pressie order should be ready to collect on Saturday evening, and it's my turn next week to take in 'team milk'. While I'm there I will pick up some more cooking chocolate and choc chips for the Christmas hampers, and any fresh bits we need. Which is already starting to sound like the begining of a big shop, whoops :o
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport