Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Comments

• I was offered the following and thougjt it was a reasonable deal but not so sure now as the tv bit is only rquivalent to freeview

TV play
    50meg BB
    Weekend calls

£42.75

I was sent contract via e mail but not signed it yet so assume I can go back again and try for better deal?
  • I was offered the following and thougjt it was a reasonable deal but not so sure now as the tv bit is only rquivalent to freeview

TV play
    50meg BB
    Weekend calls

£42.75

I was sent contract via e mail but not signed it yet so assume I can go back again and try for better deal?

I was offered £38 with Broadband and Phone, spoke to some earlier and it wasn't a good offer (it's all about who you speak to at the time)

I cancelled a service and got a call back and was offered £24 (exc line rental as mentioned in above post), since you didn't cancel you won't get a call back with a better deal. From what latecomer has said you need to cancel and see what they offer.
  • Well I have definitely cancelled now following a rather heated discussion with a less than helpful agent. She said I wold be getting all the available discounts if I accepted . I told her I was not happy with it as would be on lowest bb and just freeview channels so tv didn't really count as I already have freeview anyway. I thought she might at least offer lge tv and 100 meg bb for that price (42.75) but said nothing she could do. Disconnection 27th Dec. Hoping for a call back but won't hold my breath lol. How long is it before they call you normally please?
  • zoso121
    zoso121 Posts: 27 Forumite
    edited 28 November 2016 at 1:06PM
    I have broadband only, 200Mbps. I'm paying £35.74 with a loyalty discount of £10 per month, which is coming to an end shortly. I've just come off the phone with Virgin & for the first time in years I wasn't able to haggle any kind of sensible deal with them. In fact he wanted to put it UP after 6 months to £38 per month. (albeit with the new superhub 3 router) So i've put through the cancellation.

Guess i'm going to sit & wait for retentions. Quite amazed they wouldn't budge, but i'm not too bothered. BT are ok around here, although I don't really need a landline.
  • Well I have definitely cancelled now following a rather heated discussion with a less than helpful agent. She said I wold be getting all the available discounts if I accepted . I told her I was not happy with it as would be on lowest bb and just freeview channels so tv didn't really count as I already have freeview anyway. I thought she might at least offer lge tv and 100 meg bb for that price (42.75) but said nothing she could do. Disconnection 27th Dec. Hoping for a call back but won't hold my breath lol. How long is it before they call you normally please?

Got a call back in 3 days. Called Virgin to cancel a service on Tuesday and then they called me back on Friday.
  • doe808
    doe808 Posts: 452 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    darkcloudi wrote: »
    I called them just now and they would not go down, best deal was £43 a month (same as above) but that includes anytime calls.

Got offered around about the same, so I am leaving.

Well until I get my retentions call in a few days. Have to say the Virgin guys are some of the politest people to haggle with out there.
    Total - £340.00

wins : £7.50 Virgin Vouchers, Nikon Coolpixs S550 x 2, I-Tunes Vouchers, £5 Esprit Voucher, Big Snap 2 (x2), Alaska Seafood book
  • littlerock
    littlerock Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Rang up a while back to ask if could drop the phone option, told it would mean increasing the overall package cost by more than the cost of the phone line.

Recently there was a major VM outtage in our area for a week and had to get on to VM to get restarted when it was finally fixed. They commented on how old our set top and router boxes were and I asked if there wS any chance of a deal to upgrade them. Answer was no.
  • latecomer
    latecomer Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    but if you say you are leaving at the end of your contracted period (or after a price rise) then they likely to offer something. If you are tied in then there is no incentive for them to offer anything.
  • I am well out of contract, have been for several months now. I do hope I get a call as really pleased with the service apart from the rising costs. We have been with them over 20yrs and have both our mobile phones with them too. Really don't want the hassle of changing over as we don't have BT line.
  • latecomer
    latecomer Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Make sure you do your homework - check out other fibre providers to see what they are offering etc. I've found that makes a real difference. Dont forget if you dont get a deal you can just cancel the cancellation. As you are our of contract you can just try again next month and the month after etc :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback