Flo's Debt Free Diary

Options

Comments

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all the flea advice people :)

I haven't spotted any since hoovering yesterday. Maybe, just maybe, we'll be ok.

Will do another hoover though.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Florence_J
    Options
    On the subject of fleas.

Am in my family home for my Dad's birthday this week. I have been bitten 3 TIMES by fleas.

So I saw three fleas in Wales with no bites, and now I have seen no fleas and have three bites?????

My cats live with my dad and one has been de-flea'd at the vets and the other is awaiting their turn.

I react really badly to flea bites, a large section of my leg surrounding the area swells up. So they feel like massive lumps rather than little bumps.

My sleep pattern is all out of whack. I can't sleep till midnight, then wake up early, think 'yippee, i'm up early' then go 'oh that sofa looks comfortable' then fall asleep till 12.

I don't like this. I need to get my sleep pattern back to normal.
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Feeling a bit quiet. Been using the Credit Card. Still don't have a job. I seem to be haemorrhaging money. Part of me wishes I could go back in time and tell my friend I can't go to her Wedding. Some moments I look forward to it and at other times I panic about the money spent on it. And Christmas is fast approaching. Just give me a job Universe.
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Sorry guys for the negative post above.

I decided to go back to basics and read some Debt Free Diaries and now i feel like I've had the kick up the bum I need.

This is just a temporary blip. I will get another job, whether it's next week, next month or next year (please god not next year!!!). I mean, I won't be forever known as 'Flo, The girl who never got another job' will I?

Yes, there's no way around it, I am having to live on my Credit Card (I received an email today to say they were increasing the limit by another 500 pounds, which I have mixed feelings about) but I am resourceful and I will overcome my debt.

As long as I am debt free before April 2019 (When I turn 30) that will be ok.

Getting into debt takes seconds. Getting out of it takes years. Same with weight loss, I put on the surplus spare tyres very quickly, losing it is the long challenge.

I will find a way through this. I will get a job. I will go back to saving money and crunching the debt.

I'm just going to have to do it my way.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hi Flo :wave:
    I've just spent a couple of hours reading your diary right through. I see a lot of similarities between us, and also some between you and my dh. My anxiety and depression are up and down and I understand so many of your feelings. I, however, am incredibly lucky in that my anxiety doesn't ever get to the point of my not wanting to leave the house (which it regularly does for my husband).
    Have you ever had CBT? I did CBT last year and found it completely life changing. It really shifted my attitude of 'everyone else gets everything right and I'm always wrong' - and whilst I still struggle (as you see I'm in counselling through work at the moment), when I'm good I feel as though I can take on the world. It took me a long time to accept that other people make mistakes and have their own shortcomings rather than my just soaking it all up as being me and my fault. I still feel bad within myself a lot of the time but not completely hopeless. I can recognise that feelings will pass and that I will survive because I always do. I think you're the same.
    As for inspiration - do you ever read back through your diary? If not then you should. You have done some amazing things. No beating yourself up about the negatives, but focus on the positives. You're doing a fantastic job. :D
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Thank you CCL, CBT is definitely on the to do list but unfortunately it won't be something I can look into until I have gained employment again.

I will have a read through my older posts and look at how far I've come. x
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Guys, I've just done a very, very bad thing.

When I was a young girl I had a Barbie alarm clock which I loved. As an adult/sort of adult I really wanted it again and was gutted that my Dad had got rid of it.

I occasionally still look for one on ebay....like today....when I saw a working still in box one......a few clicks later.....AND IT IS MINE!!!!!

If it helps me get out of bed in the morning it will be worth it.

I have done a very bad thing.

Oh dear.

I am really happy though.

NO MORE SPENDING

I've been devising an epic plan for paying for Christmas, I will post once it's complete.

Sorry guys, Barbie was calling to me.
  • evkizzy
    evkizzy Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Oh! Barbie, you evil temptress!! Haha!
    Ev Kizzy Make £10 A Day August Challenge: £364.54/£310
    Loan: remaining balance £771/ £3,500 CCs: paid £194.76/£4436.75
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Ok guys,

First thing to report I am a NEW RECORD WEIGHT!

I am now the lowest weight I have been all year.

Lets hope it continues going downwards.

Also I hinted at an epic Christmas plan.

To be fair my plan isn't that epic, it is more a series of challenges I want to achieve.

So here goes.

I want to....

1) Make £45 in Amazon Vouchers through Valued Opinions Surveys alone by November 27th
    2) Make £30 in Sainsbury's Vouchers through Valued Opinions Surveys alone by November 27th
    3) Raise £100 in Savings Account by November 3rd
    4) Raise £100 in Sealed Pot by November 3rd
    5) Raise £55 in Amazon Vouchers through things like Shopprize, Opinion Outpost, TopCashBack etc

That will give me £330 towards the £485 I have budgeted for Christmas. Meaning I will still have to find the additional £150 but that will be more manageable than the amount I am currently facing.

It is 12 weeks to November 3rd and 15 weeks to November 27th.

I can do this.

Even if I get a super duper paying job before that I still want to do this.

The only problem is I find doing Surveys so boring. Oh well. Needs must.

If I turn it into a challenge that makes it more fun.
  • Smolly
    Smolly Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Florence

I am just starting out on my own debt clearing journey and have caught up with a few of your posts. Your 500th post particularly was so inspirational. Thank you for sharing. I now have a long list of things to look at further on the site.

I wish you well xx
    LBM Jul 16 £26,823.83, Nov 16 £27,961.98, Dec 16 £26,977.66, Jan 17 £26,884.76
    EF #205 £0/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport