PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th October 2016

Options

Comments

• katiecat
    katiecat Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all

Glad its bedroom today I was looking at it yesterday thinking what a mess!

Thanks for the lists last week and this- will follow as much as I can.

Hope we all have a peaceful week and hugs to all

Katiecat
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have pegged out my bedding, and a Voldemort wash (dark load lol) the bedroom window is open and the room is being freshened up and I have cleaned out Benny the Bunny's hutch.

Flyladies - family first; lists second. Just heard my friend's hubby's mum has passed. She was 91 but still..
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Thanks for the lists, but I will be flying off-piste this week. Today is a study day, tomorrow is hospital and parents evenings, Wednesday is college and Thursday I need to pack as we go away on Friday...

Had a nice weekend away with friends, and a lovely evening with the kiddies last night, we did early baths and watched the dancing on iplayer and generally cuddled n stuff. I was only away one night! :D

Right, promised myself an hour later on if I can get my homework done by lunchtime! Off I go!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning All,

Thank you for the list I am in :)

Dog needed a poo at 3am, then similar to the Dizzy household DH alarm went off at 5am. I suspect I may be nodding later....

Best get on, catch up properly later xx

Sorry ATB, but :rotfl: that sentence made me laugh out loud! I'm sure we are twin families living in parallel universes...
  • notimetospare
    Options
    Morning all,

I'm in, thanks for the lists x

Master bedroom here is stripped and ready for sanding so I will attempt to tackle Dd1 bedroom!

Lovely day here today, so 1 load in the washer and hopefully will be able to dry it outside. DW on its 2nd load.

See you soon x
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    Finally - book out some me-time - whether it's just a long bubbly bath, hair or nails appointment you do need to look after yourself! I WANT TO SEE THE ME-TIME PLAN, FOR WHATEVER DAY IT IS, RECORDED AS AN ACHIEVEMENT!

Valli, you're a mind reader. I did exactly this yesterday, bubbles indulged, hooves clipped and hair washed. I feel pampered and very girly, not like me at all. Today is busy with OH going to the dentist, then both of us to the garden centre, and finally to pick up the new to us car. Hurrah! After that I'll be piling all of the old car's gibble into the new one to make it feel like home.

Thanks for the lists Natty and Valli, much appreciated, and well done on the run Raphael, even if you're not happy with the time. You did it, which is more than most of us couch potatoes.

Must defluff bathroom today and then I'm back to reading a blog that's helping me to understand how to stop buying food we don't need because we have a freezerful, tins coming out of our ears, packets squashed into spaces food shouldn't be, jars everywhere. I found a 30 litre storage box in the attic full of the rest of last year's jams and jellies. The thought of dealing with this year's crop of crabapples in November makes me feel quite queasy as a result. The local homeless project may be getting a delivery later this week ....
    Better is good enough.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    After umming and ahhing about whether to pop round with flowers I have cooked up the last of the gifted apples (much easier to prep now I have hit on the idea of levelling the base of the apple before pressing down with the corer/slicer thing) which is enough for two crumbles. And knocked up a double batch of topping in the food processor. So I shall pop round with a HM apple crumble, as well as a sympathy card.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • TheDragonLady
    Options
    Hi all, this is exactly the motivation and reminder I need to try and get on top of keeping a tidy house :) Thank you!

Level 1

Open the window and make the bed (doesn't need stripping today)
    Don't go downstairs empty-handed.
    take the laundry and/or empty the bedroom bin

+ tidy up the floordrobe and put clothes away
    + daily -clean kitchen, tidy up craft stuff

Extras
    Get a just-damp cloth and go round the whole house, wiping EVERY light switch and door handles
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Valli wrote: »

Flyladies - family first; lists second. Just heard my friend's hubby's mum has passed. She was 91 but still..

Absolutely, just relaxing here with DS as we rarely get together, the list can wait. Although we have done the WUDUPA and walked the dogs.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Valli sorry to hear about the elderly lady's passing.

Our bedlinen was done at the weekend, as I can't manage it on my own; it's a holdover from before Mr LW retired that we change the bed on Saturdays, but I see no reason to amend the day. ;)

So the bedlinen is all washed and dried already; but I've done a WM load of Mr LW's clothes this morning, and they're out in the sunshine.

I've emailed another dog-minding company, to see if they'll take me on; I've explained the situation, detailed my seven years experience, plus the times I looked after our pal A's dog, plus having had my own little Penny-Dog, told them the dates of my remaining commitments, so we'll see what happens. Everything crossed.

I've spent a lovely half-hour with Jack and his brush, tidying up his feathery bits and brushing out the bits of the Great Outdoors he'd managed to pick up on his morning walk; he was trimmed just before he came to stay, so it's not an onerous task, and strange as it may seem, I find grooming dogs to be very therapeutic; so I reckon it counts as Me-Time. ;) I actually detest doing my own hair and nails etc, and find these tasks to be a real grind, so there's no pleasure in them for me, but brushing a dog is a whole other matter. :o

I'll be doing as much as my health, and Jack's requirements, allow this week. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure