PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    karcher wrote: »
    I could if I was [STRIKE]being greedy[/STRIKE] really hungry. :cool:

I probably won't eat them all. I'll cook them all though and have what I don't eat [STRIKE]for breakfast[/STRIKE] tomorrow :D..chances are I'll just have one on it's own and one in a flatbread, they are only small :o.

Does that make me a greedy lard A*se! :rotfl:

Not in my house it wouldn't no.....its a low carb diet that by the sound of it...no spuds or burger buns.... so strictly you will lose weight by eating all 3 :cool:
  • Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Farway wrote: »
    Lunch was part baked baguette, with cheese salad innards

Urgh, that is one of those words that have me thinking :eek::eek::eek:.

:o
    :hello:
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Nelski wrote: »
    ...strictly you will lose weight by eating all 3 ...

If that were true, then anybody could diet just by eating a pack of 24 burgers every day :) Which I'm sure wouldn't work like that.

I'm a calorie counter .... I don't know/understand/follow any other form of self-denial system.

That's how come I get to eat pies and chips and crumble and custard .... and weigh 120 lbs/54Kg.
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    was really looking forward to a reduced pepper steak, looked lovely with salad and small baked potato but OMG cant eat it its so peppery its enough to blow your head off Ive already had two half pints of water and am still suffering. So just salad ad baked potato for dinner now. I`m thinking of soaking the seak for a bit and then casseroling with tomato.
    Slimming World at target
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Nelski wrote: »
    Not in my house it wouldn't no.....its a low carb diet that by the sound of it...no spuds or burger buns.... so strictly you will lose weight by eating all 3 :cool:

I like your way of thinking :D
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If that were true, then anybody could diet just by eating a pack of 24 burgers every day :) Which I'm sure wouldn't work like that.

I'm a calorie counter .... I don't know/understand/follow any other form of self-denial system.

That's how come I get to eat pies and chips and crumble and custard .... and weigh 120 lbs/54Kg.

I never count calories..too scared :rotfl:

To be honest I don't think my calorie count is huge although I know I have put on weight recently..but I think that has more to do with not exercising as much as I normally do and I haven't adjusted my eating to match.

I often only eat once a day in the evening so I do tend to have a larger meal (and before anyone says anything, it what suits me, my appetite, body/digestion and has done since I was a teenager..everyone is different :)).
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post

I often only eat once a day in the evening

I try to eat during daylight hours as the lighting's so poor in the kitchen. I also find it feels more bleak/isolated in there after dark.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I never count calories..too scared :rotfl:

To be honest I don't think my calorie count is huge although I know I have put on weight recently..but I think that has more to do with not exercising as much as I normally do and I haven't adjusted my eating to match.

I often only eat once a day in the evening so I do tend to have a larger meal (and before anyone says anything, it what suits me, my appetite, body/digestion and has done since I was a teenager..everyone is different :)).

With you there ...one meal is invariably quite enough for me and then I don't ever have to think about calories as there is only so much I can eat:D

I did put some weight on over Christmas but like you think its lack of movement and maybe too many baileys :o Its on its way out now though as life gets back to normal.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dktreesea wrote: »
    For people who like spicy, oriental food, (and have a big enough bowl, lol) I have found ramen quite easy to prepare and cook. The one I made last night had prawn dumplings (Delico brand, frozen , for the Netherlands. Chinese restaurant wholesalers should stock it if the local Chinese provisions shop don't carry it) and Japanese noodles. These tend to have quite a spicy soup mix, so if spices are not your thing, maybe use Chinese noodles instead).

So to make it, boil the dumplings for around 4 minutes, in half an inch more water than you need to cover them. Say around a dozen. Add the soup mix and vegetables, - we had bean sprouts, spring onions and lettuce. keep boiling for half a minute or so then add the noodles and some more water to taste. Try the soup while still on the hob to make sure it isn't too strong. Cook for another 4 minutes or so, or a bit less if you like the noodles "al dente". Then it's ready.

Ten minutes from go to woah, and a pretty substantial meal.

Mmm ramen nice and spicy for me please agree they makes a quick and hearty meal, I like it with poached pork ribs :) I love oriental dumplings but unfortunately no oriental supermarket nearby so don't get the chance to have them very often:( Tesco have recently started selling ramen noodles so I've a few packets stashed.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Farway wrote: »

Tonight I have gone very domestic, home made celery & potato soup, very thick and plopped couple of large spoonfuls of cream cheese in it, quick blitz with my hand held stick thingy and job done. Now cooked and maturing until evening, perhaps with a bap
    That sounds really nice :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport