IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Campaigning for change

Comments

• 0ldsalt2
    0ldsalt2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    The main point is that a request for owner's name and address to the DVLA is illegal because it breaches the Equality Act if there is no reasonable adjustment for a disabled people.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    0ldsalt2 wrote: »
    The main point is that a request for owner's name and address to the DVLA is illegal because it breaches the Equality Act if there is no reasonable adjustment for a disabled people.

Something you should take up with Mrs May, she takes no notice and nor did Cameron before her
  • 0ldsalt2
    I have exhausted the DVLA complaints got stonewalled, now it's with the Data Commissioner who I have been told will take forever and then the Ombudsman. After that try for some publicity before involving politicians. I have learned from posting on this forum to write more succinctly and check for spelling mistakes before publishing
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 March 2017 at 6:27PM

That is not necessarily true. If the PPC doesn't know that an occupant of the car has a disability or special characteristic as defined by the EA 2010, it would be perfectly lawful to obtain keeper details. Once the PPC knows an occupant of a vehicle is covered by the EA 2012, then that is different.

ANPR cameras can't detect a disability, and is not fit for purpose in my opinion for this and many other reasons, so shouldn't be used for car park management. Unfortunately the law allows this type of system to be used so no EA 2010 offence has been committed if the PPC obtains keeper details from the DVLA.

It's what happened after the PPC have got keeper details that is the issue here. Breach of BPA CoP for not allowing grace periods, use of unfit ANPR technology, not making reasonable adjustments for a disabled occupant amongst others are all down to the nefarious deeds of parking lie, not the DVLA.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    In addition to the previous.
    Writing everything in Bold makes it hard to read.
    You post could possibly identify the driver, as you have used the term "I parked"as well as the single letter word "I" far too many times.

Your post also reads as a rant, you dont appear to know just what the BPA limited is, or the worth of its code of practice.
    You need to direct your anger in the correct direction.

While i admire your spirit, please focus it and you may be able to get somewhere.

For the record: Pakring eye will not have kept any video footage at all showing what you were doing, or not doing in the car park, all those cameras do is take a snapshot of vehicles number plates, this is then read by a computer system that ( attempts) to read the number plate. any video footage from the cameras is discarded/deleted/destroyed, you are in effect asking for a subject access request under the DPA for something that does not exist.

I am going to attempt to re-type your opening post, possibly with a few un intentional typos, but not all in bold
    =================
    I am the registered keeper of a vehicle that received a parking charge notice from Parking eye following on from an event where the vehicle visited the Radison Blu hotel at Stansted airport.
    The Driver was picking up someone who suffers from MS, a long term debilitating condition, who had missed their flight.
    The vehicle was only parked in the the car park for 8 minutes, after that it left, navigated a perimeter road for a short while, then left the site.

So getting rid of the wall of irrelevant text and to sum up:

Driver entered car park to pick someone up, who suffered from a long term condition, person didn't turn up, vehicle left the car park area after 8 minutes, navigated an external road and left, then re-entered after an un specified amount of time.

People here are willing to help, however the replys you get back may appear to be blunt, and possibly rude, however no one here gets paid to post and with a high load of cases those people who are un prepared to work with the forum may get pushed to the back of the qeu/ignored
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have exhausted the DVLA complaints got stonewalled, now it's with the Data Commissioner who I have been told will take forever and then the Ombudsman. After that try for some publicity before involving politicians. I have learned from posting on this forum to write more succinctly and check for spelling mistakes before publishing

The DVLA will fob you off ..... they are happy taking £millions of dirty money from the scammers.

The ICO will do as they are told when it comes to a government dept

Many MP's have given THE FALSE IMPRESSION that they will do something about this ..... that is the last you hear.

Whilst the lady May is busy not co**ing up Brexit she is now the latest version OF Queen Elizabeth 1 in battle with the new Mary, Queen of Scots (Sturgeon)

If you want to win against these scammers, this forum is one of the best to help
  • 0ldsalt2
    I received two more invoices for £100 and then reduced to £60 as an act of "Goodwill" after I told them the person I was picking up had MS and offered to provide proof.

I wrote a reminder to Radisson Blu it ended.

If you have no data or cannot find it reply with that in writing. My main interest is in CCTV covering the exterior of the hotel I never entered the foyer.

I received no reply from them.

There is a sign behind the Parking Meter saying these premises are covered by CCTV. Whilst I was stationary outside the front of the Hotel I looked for a CCTV camera and did not spot one,

When you are picking someone up you check your watch frequently. My watch was one minute fast, Parking Eye camera 2 minutes slow.

I am told the Radisson Blu is a good hotel, but the car park operator would deter me using it, unless I went by taxi,
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I am told the Radisson Blu is a good hotel, but the car park operator would deter me using it, unless I went by taxi,
    Tell that to Radisson Blue.

No one will spend hours searching back and to through grainy CCTV footage (especially if it was in the hours of darkness) unless it was a murder (or worse!) looking for some evidence relating to a sixty quid parking ticket.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    You refer to your daughter missing her flight and I can't quite see how that ties in with the Radiddon unless you were simply availing yourself of their car park.

I have stayed at this hotel and the car park is actuall part of a much larger park and they have a facility, well signed, that tells their customers to log in their Registration numbers at reception.

Very confused and unreadable opening post.
  • 0ldsalt2
    My daughter was av guest at the hotel, her balance is bad, she walks slowly 30 metres a minute, can't use escalators or walkways. She missed her flight because she could not get to the gate before it closed. Phoned me, I said I would pick her up from the hotel. easy for me I had driven her there the previous evening. I was early, I did not get out of my car fearing someone might stick a parking ticket on my screen. I asked a man with an Irish accent to ask the concierge to page my daughter, he did not return before my daughter came into sight walking from the terminal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure