PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    and not forgetting the mini bottle of red or a can of ready mixed G&T:eek:
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Once I had one night away in London. I had to be in two different places, so I travelled light. I figured nobody on Day 1 would see me on Day 2 as I was at some exhibition (where nobody at all knew me).... so all I took in my handbag was: pair of knickers, underarm deodorant, toothbrush/toothpaste - and I wore the same dress/tights/bra two days running :)

now that really is travelling light :rotfl:
  • caronc
    Options
    Once I had one night away in London. I had to be in two different places, so I travelled light. I figured nobody on Day 1 would see me on Day 2 as I was at some exhibition (where nobody at all knew me).... so all I took in my handbag was: pair of knickers, underarm deodorant, toothbrush/toothpaste - and I wore the same dress/tights/bra two days running :)
    No I like my comforts - need my nice PJs (after all a fire alarm might go off......:rotfl:) and used to like to take a bath bomb or similiar so I could have a nice long soak in the bath..........:)
  • Nelski
    Options
    karcher wrote: »
    I got fed up buying ready made sandwiches so I used to take a plate, knife and fork with me and buy baguette/cheese/hummus/crisps/salad and other snack type stuff from the SM and had it in my room. Also, if a kettle was available I had a stash of teabags, coffee and a pint of milk ...Essential items no matter where you are imo :)

One time it was Sunday afternoon and I stopped to get some supplies from a morrisons. Well it was yellow sticker heaven and I ended up with pork pies, ham, beef, cheese, pickle ...you name it :rotfl: that was fun carpet buffet :D:D
  • The_all_new_me_2
    Options
    Wow, I reckon if you super glued the soles of your feel to the ceiling you could probably type upside down as well.
    Just wondering have you ever tried doing it? and if so how many tubes of super glue did you use? Also how did you unstick your feet once you'd finished typing? Bet you left some skin on the ceiling as super glue is really really strong. oouch!
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 March 2017 at 9:43PM
    Options

I'm completely in the dark here, no lights on - and the keyboard's all rubbed off :) I'm also lying on my side and not even looking at the keyboard, in fact I am always watching the telly at the same time as typing.

You're just showing off now :p :A

My one letter at a time, whilst looking at the keyboard, then looking at the screen to check my words, grammar and spelling, is a cross I will always have to bear/bare?

...Such is life. I see it as a challenge :D
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow, I reckon if you super glued the soles of your feel to the ceiling you could probably type upside down as well.
    Just wondering have you ever tried doing it? and if so how many tubes of super glue did you use? Also how did you unstick your feet once you'd finished typing? Bet you left some skin on the ceiling as super glue is really really strong. oouch!

I've been informed that No Nails is quite strong... maybe I should try it, just for the LOLZ. If I find the right nautical knots I could probably winch myself up to the ceiling upside down and tie a final securing knot. If I wear wellies I can slide out.

If I'm not posting within an hour ..... there's a problem. Please call for help.

:)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »
    thank you karcher ....hotel living has its strange side but over the years I have learned to have plenty of supplies in my car :)Wine is far too expensive by the glass so there is always a bag of that and a spare in the boot :)

Goes without saying :D

Buying a bag of ice if necessary :cool:
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • caronc
    Options
    I once managed to superglue a large piece of cardboard, my thumb and finger together trying to make a fancy dress costume for one of my boys, ex-OH was very amused until despite our best efforts we couldn't get it to unstick - one trip to A&E and the very painful loss of skin later...........:o
  • Nelski
    Options
    ITV have an odd programme on: Secret Chef.

Some woman who usually buys frozen ready meals is secretly learning to cook a meal and will then surprise her family/friends by cooking them the meal.

It's "restaurant quality" .... so she's going from frozen dinners to "restaurant quality" ... I'm quite confident in my physical cooking abilities, my issues are entirely mental issues that prevent me cooking/touching food ... and CFO issues re range/varying ingredients and ever trying anything new.

I wonder if she's ever HAD "restaurant quality" food.... I know I've not. I've never eaten in the sort of restaurant that would serve the sort of food he's making her cook! One item is making some goop, then piping it into a large flower head, then coating the entire flower head and stem in a coating (think fine flavoured breadcrumbs) and then deepfrying that before putting it on a plate of mixed/finely sliced tomatoes with some stuff sprinkled on it.... long posh names all round.

Bit of a cr4p programme really.... I'm waiting for Mutiny at 9pm on 4. Part III tonight.

Mutiny Precis: True story, mutiny on the bounty - the Captain and his mates were chucked onto a tiny rowing boat and left at sea (to die) ...they rowed to a couple of islands and found cannibals and ended up, without real provisions/food or any maps whatsoever, to row 4000 miles home to safety. The Captain (Bligh) kept a daily log, so they're following his actual journey.

There's already one "loose cannon" in the "team" - a gobby scouse ne'er do well who thinks he knows everything and is a tw4t and liability. Last episode they wanted him to be turfed off the programme/boat and as they were voting/deciding a really nice carpenter had an injury that had him boated out and away to Hospital.... OH NOES.... "it's all real - and they could all die" (except for the fact they actually have support boats and helicopters loitering just round each headland "in case").

I have all the mutiny's on planner :) looking forward to an afternnon with a glass of wine and a box of popcorn :D:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure