Santas challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Chanie unfortunately I haven't got a Sainsbugs near me, do u get some really good deals?

Mum2one did u do well in the Boots sale? We only have a small store and it was completely bonkers.I didn't enjoy going in for my own birthday present from my daughter, couldn't even reach it. It was mad:(

I managed to get some bed socks I was after just by chance that Tesc@s had put on a charity fundraising table they were doing with left over bits of stock. Really nice bed socks for only a £1 and then went and got the last pair for my daughter to wear for now. Also donated abit extra and got given a free bag.
    Two lots of birthday parcels to wrap and work on for next month after my daughters birthday.
    I have to admit that it does feel less stressful to be more organised:A.........just keep forgetting to buy my daughter a birthday card:eek::rotfl::rotfl:
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Chanie unfortunately I haven't got a Sainsbugs near me, do u get some really good deals?

Sainsburys frequently do 25% off all clothing, normally to coincide with the school holidays. I stock up on underwear, socks and stuff for school for my children. I also like the women's Pjs, which get reduced to £7.50. At Xmas, I bought gloves for some of the men. They also have a sale on the clothing, but that's a bit more like a jumble sale. I did find some slipper boots last February, which were £15 to start, but we're reduced, plus the extra 25% off meant I got them for £4.
  • chanie
    Options
    Preparing for half term

My children have half term next week. They are in Year 2 and reception, so I'm still fumbling around with plans. I want to try and get organised, now that I have to manage two children:

Childcare - We've got this half term covered, between me and OH and other family members. There's going to be some running around, but we'll manage.

Food - I've noticed our food bill goes up during school holidays. The children don't eat much, they graze and this can be costly. I'm going to focus on filling them up with proper foods to keep costs down.

Activities - I have a couple of day trips written down. I'll make sure I bring packed lunches etc to keep costs down. We will also have a 'down time' at home.

Organisation - this weekend, I'm going to have a clear out and keep on top of housework whilst the children are off. Plus make sure the children tidy up after themselves.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options

Mum2one did u do well in the Boots sale? We only have a small store and it was completely bonkers.I didn't enjoy going in for my own birthday present from my daughter, couldn't even reach it. It was mad:(

I managed to get some bed socks I was after just by chance that Tesc@s had put on a charity fundraising table they were doing with left over bits of stock. Really nice bed socks for only a £1 and then went and got the last pair for my daughter to wear for now. Also donated abit extra and got given a free bag.
    Two lots of birthday parcels to wrap and work on for next month after my daughters birthday.
    I have to admit that it does feel less stressful to be more organised:A.........just keep forgetting to buy my daughter a birthday card:eek::rotfl::rotfl:

We did well, ended up with some bigger sets, soap and glory, champneys and red baker for me (bday / Mother's Day from miss hoodie), couple extra of red baker for friends bday, I've managed to cover most bdays and half Xmas. It was bedlam, - we ended having to call the police as this couple were threatening miss hoodie.... thus we're grown adults late 49s / early 50s... heck knows what's happened over that... it was her 1st and possibly last boots sale...

Xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    that is awful mum2one:( I hope miss hoodie was okay after. There is no need for that sort of behaviour towards a youngster or anyone

I fear that the Boots sales are only going to get worse now they've stopped the 70% online.
    My daughter wanted to do the 50% one on Boxing Day which we enjoyed. We did it on the way to my mums where we always have cold cuts and chips.
    There was about 12 of us so u could have a wander around even though a couple of people did a mad dash. My daughter wanted to go into the following town to their bigger Boots on Boxing Day.......so glad we didn't, people broke the automatic doors forcing them open in a bid to get in the store:eek:
    But my daughter pleased with all the bits she got, she's off to uni this year on top of all the other activities she does, she won't have chance for Christmas and the expense then

Chanie some great planning for half term, I remember those days well as I always had my niece aswell. I found it so much easier with my niece and daughter rather than just my daughter......my daughter just got bored with me:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    We've got several beaches not far from us, mum and daughter boring, but with niece aswell they would just play for hours, as long as mum bought the chips and ice cream at the beach and I also used to take a mini picnic as we used to be there for so long, they were happy:T
  • chanie
    Options

Chanie some great planning for half term, I remember those days well as I always had my niece aswell. I found it so much easier with my niece and daughter rather than just my daughter......my daughter just got bored with me:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'll have my nephew too. The problem is that 3 is a crowd, so one child (generally DD because she is a girl) gets left out.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Ooooo Chanie, if niece had been a nephew I don't quire know how that would have worked. Is there a big age difference between ur nephew and daughter?
    I was lucky as there is only 2 1/2 years between niece and DD so packed up with a picnic, I was able to take them out for hours where they would just happily play.
    Back in the day, our leisure centre used to have a session for free with a massive inflatable in that they could play on/slide off. U had to be quick off the starting block to get names down but again being close in age and girls together really made a difference
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Having a catch up. Reading back through everything I've missed as I haven't checked in in ages. Feeling a bit swamped at the moment. Water leak is all fixed and Zoe's colic has passed (5 months of hell). Everything about getting back on track but I'm just a bit out of it. Urg. It'll pass. Coffee and sleep is needed and only one is possible.

Still managed to get a few bargains to put away. There's a place near my Mum's that have Yankee candles on sale. The medium jar candles were £5!! Only a few scents. But I still got some to put away. Because, who can resist a Yankee. They're great "do for almost anyone" presents.

I'm getting baby birthday bus to put away as I see them on offer for her first birthday. Not til August, but best to start early. All her little play group friends will be here plus friends and family. So it'll be quite busy. Got plates, napkins, cups, party bags and a few bits to put in them, banners and balloons. It's a little start. Not going over the top as she won't have a clue. But it's her first, so it'll be more for us anyway. All her presents are already bought in the sales, and some for when she's older too!
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • chanie
    Options
    Ooooo Chanie, if niece had been a nephew I don't quire know how that would have worked. Is there a big age difference between ur nephew and daughter?
    I was lucky as there is only 2 1/2 years between niece and DD so packed up with a picnic, I was able to take them out for hours where they would just happily play.
    Back in the day, our leisure centre used to have a session for free with a massive inflatable in that they could play on/slide off. U had to be quick off the starting block to get names down but again being close in age and girls together really made a difference

DD and DN are in the same class at school and are 4-5. The play together a lot in school. DN likes playing with DS who is nearly 7 because he's older and he looks up to him in that sense.

crazy cat I'm going to hunt for some Yankee candles. I know they are popular, but I never think to look for them.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Well you definately put candles on my brain. Went to get some birthday cards and I came across some half price Christmas tea light holders. Really nice. Thinking of putting a box of Yankee candle tea lights with them, have a person in mind if I don't keep them for myself:D

Chanie I see what you mean now, that's a difficult one

C-C-L I'm glad Your little ones colic has passed, there is nothing worse:(. Sounds like you've got some cracking bargains and it sounds like it will be a fab first birthday. It's great that you are getting bits now as you won't be hit by paying for all the little things that add up at once, and you get to save money on presents you see now-win, win situation:T

Right off to feed the cats before they get grumpy that their 'servant' has presented their evening meal late:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family