Trying to get on track

Comments

• The weekend has been and gone and back to work in dublin today. Plus point is cheap diesel. Also managed to make it back to use my last £5 off voucher in grocery store. So that will be £5 to go to the mortgage. Had a good chat with a longstanding client today which was good. Caught up and fed DS on Sunday when he juggled things sufficiently to slot us in. I'm never sure if I feel relieved that he has stuff going on or to be insulted that he rarely has much time for us. Work and home there are still things bubbling and while they need to be addressed, I can't facing doing it. I'm feeling beleaguered I think (assuming that's the right word). And it's so cold and I'm grumpy and I ate chocolates that are so bad for me and I feel like a slug. Anyhow, I'm gonna catch an early night as I didn't sleep very well all weekend. Hopefully that's what's making me feel like this. Anyway. Happy dreams everyone.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,871
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hope you get a good nights sleep and feel better tomorrow.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10527.15/£15000 (70.2% saved). Emergency fund - £1356.48/£1500 (90.4% saved).
  • Slept well thanks misst. Didn't get as much done in work as I'd have liked but have developed a few plans and got some bits and pieces sorted. Had a dental appt so I nipped to m&s to pick up bits and pieces and use up a £5 off voucher. Got lots of whoopsied things inc 4 apple pies at 30p each. That treated the office, my sis, us and one for the freezer. So the mortgage is owed £10 from voucher savings. I also withdrew £10.38 from tcb so need to get some transfer stuff done and my sig updated. Thankfully we've gotten over the hump of the week. Roll on six on Friday. Today I am grateful for nice colleagues, food offers, a great dentist with a supportive dental nurse.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • Today will be a bit jam packed but at least it should go in quite quickly. Am in the office this morning then am out and about in three different places between two and half five. Fingers crossed for no delays. Also need to firs up the desktop pre work as I'd almost forgotten that I need to pay the credit card. That would have been scary. Anyhow, let's get up and at em. Hope everyone has a good pre Friday.
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Nearly the weekend. You have such a busy stressful schedule. I am so impressed you manage to keep all the balls in the air. I hope today goes well and flies by for you.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • TGIF. Just a few hours to the weekend. Hi verbatim, it's odd. I see myself as more chaotic than busy. I look at people with young children and wonder how they manage. I then realise that I did and wonder where the energy to do it went. While I'm no fan of the alternative, I don't think I like getting old! Yesterday was better than expected. Turns out my new client rep is an old friend of my brother. It helps. Today I have reports to get out, a tender to submit and a planning meeting. The meeting is a formality but gets me a trip to the seaside and an early finish along with a catch up with a lovely client. Made my mortgage op yesterday while paying my credit card but the figures to update my sig are elsewhere. Suffice to say I'm getting increasingly excited about the £100k mark being in my sights. I also submitted my formal response to the exit interview and provided factual evidence to rebut at least 80% of the comments. I'm hoping that the rest can disappear on the basis that the entire thing is a fabrication. The thing is, I've enough faults. They could have filled a book. There was no need to make them up about me and others. Still, one headache disposed of! So, this weekend, I need to get a lightbulb for over bed light. I noticed mr l has led ones on offer so hopefully they will be the right fittings. On other news, we bit the bullet and booked our holiday for October. If things pan out, it'll be one of my bucket list items addressed. Anyhow, gotta get a wiggle on. Hope Friday is good for everyone.
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Holiday to look forward to is good!
    Well done on the mortgage.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    TGIF. Just a few hours to the weekend. Hi verbatim, it's odd. I see myself as more chaotic than busy. I look at people with young children and wonder how they manage. I then realise that I did and wonder where the energy to do it went. While I'm no fan of the alternative, I don't think I like getting old! Yesterday was better than expected. Turns out my new client rep is an old friend of my brother. It helps. Today I have reports to get out, a tender to submit and a planning meeting. The meeting is a formality but gets me a trip to the seaside and an early finish along with a catch up with a lovely client. Made my mortgage op yesterday while paying my credit card but the figures to update my sig are elsewhere. Suffice to say I'm getting increasingly excited about the £100k mark being in my sights. I also submitted my formal response to the exit interview and provided factual evidence to rebut at least 80% of the comments. I'm hoping that the rest can disappear on the basis that the entire thing is a fabrication. The thing is, I've enough faults. They could have filled a book. There was no need to make them up about me and others. Still, one headache disposed of! So, this weekend, I need to get a lightbulb for over bed light. I noticed mr l has led ones on offer so hopefully they will be the right fittings. On other news, we bit the bullet and booked our holiday for October. If things pan out, it'll be one of my bucket list items addressed. Anyhow, gotta get a wiggle on. Hope Friday is good for everyone.

I know I am told that being emotionally disconnected is more difficult for girls but I think you are trying and succeeding. I have had it all too and I just wanted to say to them 'don't you know me well enough to NOT have to put me through this toy-town farce?'

Your world is your world - paying the mortgage, hubby, kids and booking a holiday - the work stuff is just a bunch of numpties which we put up with to feed the bank account.

Thought for the day but its with me every single day :rotfl:

Brogden x
  • Logic tells me to agree. I do however like a number of my clients and they are very supportive of me. Upshot is that I feel like I'm letting them down as opposed to the firm letting them down so I tend to do too much to avoid that happening.
  • my mantra is " it is just a job, it pays the bills and buys the beer"

not that I drink beer these days but you get the idea.

It is true in my case I feel desperate for the kids. Equally there are kids every where like that and I refuse these days to drive myself mental any more.

XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family