ESA SG Reassessment

hi all
im currently in the supporrt group and i got my esa50 a few months ago. i sent it back and last week i got a letter stating i need to go for a face to face assessment again. i contacted them as i believed i had sent enough medial evidence with my esa50. they have contacted me again to say that my assessment has been cancelled and i do not need to go and they will send a report to the dwp.

will this mean i will stay in the support group? to my understanding you cant be found fit for work without a face to face but im now worried they will write on the report to put me into work group.

Comments

• You could be moved to the WRAG without a face to face assessment. Whether that will happen or not, no one can say until you hear from the DWP.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    hi all
    im currently in the supporrt group and i got my esa50 a few months ago. i sent it back and last week i got a letter stating i need to go for a face to face assessment again. i contacted them as i believed i had sent enough medial evidence with my esa50. they have contacted me again to say that my assessment has been cancelled and i do not need to go and they will send a report to the dwp.

will this mean i will stay in the support group? to my understanding you cant be found fit for work without a face to face but im now worried they will write on the report to put me into work group.
    That's correct but you could still be put into the either of the groups. Good luck.
  • Thank you for the replies. all i can do is hope everything remains the same. thats just my only worry now about moving groups.
  • Hi everyone

i thought i would update here that i got my letter today that im placed back into the support group. such a huge relief. i cant see anywhere on the letter how long it is for. do they not usually put this in the decision letter?
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi everyone

i thought i would update here that i got my letter today that im placed back into the support group. such a huge relief. i cant see anywhere on the letter how long it is for. do they not usually put this in the decision letter?

You can telephone them to find out. The maximum award for ESA is 3 years but this is only a recommendation. In theory they can reassess before this.

Telephone them and then try to put it out of your mind - nothing more you can do.
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    You could be moved to the WRAG without a face to face assessment. Whether that will happen or not, no one can say until you hear from the DWP.

Someone else on here said there is a government directive that no-one can be moved from SG to WRAG on scrutiny

or I could be remembering it wrong that no one can be placed WRAG on scrutiny. The only result from scrutiny can only be SG.

Either of those, anyway I have no idea if they are correct or not.

The maximum of 3 years has now changed to potentially indefinately. I witnessed the other day for the first time, a decision for someone in SG for 10 years.

If you want to know how long you are in the SG for it is not on the letters, you will have to phone and ask the should be able to tell you. While you are on the phone ask for a Written Statement of Reasons of the SG decision...it will usually be on the WSOR.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    epitome wrote: »
    Someone else on here said there is a government directive that no-one can be moved from SG to WRAG on scrutiny

or I could be remembering it wrong that no one can be placed WRAG on scrutiny. The only result from scrutiny can only be SG.

Either of those, anyway I have no idea if they are correct or not.

The maximum of 3 years has now changed to potentially indefinately. I witnessed the other day for the first time, a decision for someone in SG for 10 years.

If you want to know how long you are in the SG for it is not on the letters, you will have to phone and ask the should be able to tell you. While you are on the phone ask for a Written Statement of Reasons of the SG decision...it will usually be on the WSOR.

Interesting about the recommended length of award.

I wonder if this is a result of some claimants not having to face reassessments in the future.

This link does suggest that the words 'in the longer term' would be used.

http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7820/CBP-7820.pdf

Are you sure it wasn't a PIP award?
  • epitome
    pmlindyloo wrote: »
    Interesting about the recommended length of award.

I wonder if this is a result of some claimants not having to face reassessments in the future.

This link does suggest that the words 'in the longer term' would be used.

http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7820/CBP-7820.pdf

Are you sure it wasn't a PIP award?

That's exactly what this decision would have been based on. I don't think I will be able to go back to it now, But I could have a look to see if there is anything in DMG that shows it is can be for example a 10 year period.

Definitely was ESA.
  • fluke13
    fluke13 Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I receive ESA support group,NI credits only so i don't receive any money. Do they get in touch when it is nearing the end of the award? I have heard nothing since being awarded in April 2016.
  • epitome
    fluke13 wrote: »
    I receive ESA support group,NI credits only so I don't receive any money. Do they get in touch when it is nearing the end of the award? I have heard nothing since being awarded in April 2016.

If you don't phone up and ask when it will be, the first you will know (or not know) about it is when you receive (or do not receive):

A) an ESA50 Work Capabilty Asessment form...or
    B) the reminder that is sent 2 weeks later. or
    B2) the letter telling you your claim is closed for failing to return the form.
    C) the appointment letter asking you to attend or
    D) the letter asking why you did not attend or
    E) the letter that tells you your ESA is closed due to failing to attend.

The above are in sequential order
    Some people receive them all
    Some people receive any of them Starting at any point, i.e. did not get A but got B, or did not get A or B but got C, or did not get A,B or C but got D.
    Some people receive none of them and only find out their claim is closed when their payment does not show up every 2 weeks.

Forewarned is forearmed....so my advice is phone up ESA and ask for the exact date the process will start again.

The exact date is on the computer so I would not accept being told "It is a 2 year prognosis" If they don't know where to look tell them to look in screen 791.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure