Earthgirl's Final Battle

Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,897 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh that's bad luck EG. But you're right to focus on the bigger picture, however irritating the short-term one is!

Make sure you *do* go to bed earlier if you're getting up earlier - I know what you mean about not getting stuff done in the evenings though, so I can see where you're coming from with that.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for posting about the sleep, earthgirl - yes, shifting when you sleep can be a really good idea.

But I'm so sorry about the car scrape! That sounds *incredibly* expensive - make sure you see paperwork and check out the source of the paperwork (the garage, etc) won't you? People do try it on - I've heard about a few cases like that recently.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks. Still feeling bad about the car scrape but now thinking beyond it. The extra money I made in January will pay for it or be my insurance excess to pay for it. Which means I am now aiming to earn £440 per month extra in order to pay for a nice holiday for us all.

So I have continued to feel a bit overwhelmed the past few days, so I blitzed my to do list today. Took the boys to a community event and a party which they got fed ;present from store). My blitz today included half of Ohs new business plan, getting everything ready for interview tomorrow, cleaning and tidying and I chucked a curry in slow cooker.

Tomorrow I am taking boys to their first match in their teams, then back here for soup followed by swimming and tea at in laws.

Getting up early is going to be key to my new routine and getting stuff done.

Tomorrow up at 5.45, interview, finish business plan and anything else off list!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Up at 5.45 for an interview on a Sunday? Tis madness, I say!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope interview goes well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Courgette
    Courgette Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How did the interview go?

Glad you're feeling a bit calmer xx
    A reminder to myself: Persistence Pays Off ;):D :idea: :rotfl:
    Mortgage 1: [STRIKE]£95,000[/STRIKE] £78,900 at 3.1%
    Mortgage 2 (BTL): £83, 489.15 at 2.99% (I.O.)
    Savings (S&S ISA): £3000 Plus 6 months emergency savings earning 3%
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks the interview was fine and I passed but the next stage is the Lesson and the platform looks very complicated. Also the pay I was offered was 15-18 usd per hour which is less than I was hoping for. The benefits are regular income and working when the kids are in bed so I think the benefits outweigh the negatives at the moment.

Sorry very proud mum moment :) Football match was brilliant I didnt realise how good ds1 was until I saw him play properly but I was very proud. He scored 6 and his team were excellent. He loved it but thats good -its a big expense at £35 for the two of them per month plus £20 for kit (one off) plus boots shin pads etc. Plus ds1 has £6 extra per week in lessons. They are currently not training on the same night so are sharing shin pads, but that won;t work for long!

Business plan finished, cheap face wash sourced for OH with 3 free face mask packs which I can use to make pamper packs for next xmas.

Im off to see what else I can finish off my list and I promised ds2 to bake with him this afternoon. Also need to make my lunches for the week, meal plan and plan the weeks activites.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    You are so busy, like a whirlwind!

How is school?
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's great about loving the football - that's one path into making friends of their own, and its a good'un :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad all went well.
    POsitive vibes for the next stage.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback