Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    My motivation is that I want all the jobs doing before the summer and then I can enjoy it:)

We've been doing this for a few years now. We write a " snowball" list, putting the easier jobs at the top so you can tick them off quickly.....it helps keep you motivated:D And just work through them.

This year I decided to take a few days off so we can get to grips with some of the ones we hate doing:o

We intend to live here for a long time and if we can keep it maintained now it will save money in the long run and avoid paying out for jobs that we can do ourselves. :D

Got to ask You have Stables ?
  • chandlerscroft
    chandlerscroft Posts: 2,736 Forumite
    Can confirm the Torres Vina Sol worked as expected earlier
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    nightmare this morning at work - all the pos was wrong - we were trying to move stuff and sels etc, the bogof from the sure deos was changed at the last possible minute!! so its a bog standard 98p each :(

glad to see some of you got some no17 bits - my order is now showing as despatched x
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Got to ask You have Stables ?

Nope, just the doors.

So sorry, couldn't resist that. :rotfl:
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wow well done snap you must have saved a fortune. I can't remember how it happened now had you been ill ? Are you still using an e cig?

:lovethougYou do remember well :D , yes ghastly muscle ripping cough & cold. Couldn't smoke so tried a vape & have never looked back :D
    Touching wood as I type - I haven't had a bad cold since :)
    :o I have nightmares now of being forced to smoke :o:o

:rotfl::rotfl:

Credit too to Bubbs for Liquids :kisses3:
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    29177605_1049025201919161_3252747942087360512_n.png?oh=6d85ff6bde6ab37360a5ab75036654b5&oe=5B479B89
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• EnglishWelshie
    EnglishWelshie Posts: 3,242 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Can confirm Asti still working ok today. Also another new one to add to the list Blossom Hill Grenache Rose £5.98 A vs £5.35 S I work it out to be £2.82 a bottle.

16 items (11 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison
    Asda sainsbury's
    1x Schwartz Chicken Chasseur Recipe Mix (40g) £0.50 £0.50
    1x Schwartz Garlic & Herb Wedges Recipe Mix (38g) £0.50 £0.50 1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £1.09 £1.10
    1x Patersons Clotted Cream Shortbread Fingers (300g) £1.00 N/A 6x Blossom Hill Grenache Rose (75cl) £35.88 £32.10
    1x Schwartz Somerset Pork Casserole Recipe Mix (36g) £0.50 £0.50
    1x Schwartz Sausage Casserole Recipe Mix (35g) £0.50 £0.50
    1x Schwartz Tuna Napolitana Recipe Mix (30g) £0.50 £0.50
    1x Schwartz Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe Mix (32g) £0.50 £0.50
    1x Schwartz Beef Casserole Recipe Mix (43g) £0.50 £0.50
    1x Schwartz Chicken Casserole Recipe Mix (36g) £0.50 £0.50 Comparison total (compared products only) £41.07 £37.30
    +£3.77 cheaper
  • TrulyMadly wrote: »
    My motivation is that I want all the jobs doing before the summer and then I can enjoy it:)

We've been doing this for a few years now. We write a " snowball" list, putting the easier jobs at the top so you can tick them off quickly.....it helps keep you motivated:D And just work through them.

This year I decided to take a few days off so we can get to grips with some of the ones we hate doing:o

We intend to live here for a long time and if we can keep it maintained now it will save money in the long run and avoid paying out for jobs that we can do ourselves. :D

Thank you TM. I'm very much a 'list' person, I like your 'snowball' list idea so will start one this evening. I don't usually have a problem with motivation, it's just been over this winter - I don't think the weather has helped, I'm sure I must suffer from SAD syndrome :o

Wine shop done on the way home, whole house now vacuumed and washing done so more time tomorrow to finish the painting in the bathroom that I started ages ago :o :rotfl::rotfl:
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • 6x Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet (75cl) £38.88 £30.00

Shop done at 15.10 - Used my last £5.28 muller APG. SA commented 'Oh that's a nice one - it's like getting a free bottle of wine'
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Thank you TM. I'm very much a 'list' person, I like your 'snowball' list idea so will start one this evening. I don't usually have a problem with motivation, it's just been over this winter - I don't think the weather has helped, I'm sure I must suffer from SAD syndrome :o

Wine shop done on the way home, whole house now vacuumed and washing done so more time tomorrow to finish the painting in the bathroom that I started ages ago :o :rotfl::rotfl:

DH definitely suffers from low mood in the winter. He has quite a powerful light box not very cheap but well worth the money I know if he skips a couple of mornings. He just has it on when catching up with the morning news, about 30minutes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure