Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• scamps1966
    scamps1966 Posts: 5,648
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The link they send now expires after 10 minutes, you will find you can get more if you repeat on a different FB account.

Thanks. Didn't realise that!!

I think I have enough for now. :D
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Thanks for this I have added it to my favourites

I BOUGHT :rotfl: a wowcher course to get a NUS card Probably should have asked on here first There seems to be a reasonable number of places that do a discount with an NUS card so will recover at least some of the cost back

Sent DH to greggs with a voucher on the phone He says it worked and paid up also It did not come off So maybe next time I will just go myself

I am making full use of the Co-op discount using both of my blue cards but also you get student discount in Superdrug instore - not tried it yet.
    My Amazon prime has expired and I've not yet renewed - not sure exactly how you go about it, getting a student membership ..

Must be other useful things to use the NUS card for ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • scamps1966
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 12 February 2018 at 3:44PM
    My kitchen was supposed to be finished last week but the painter was off sick!

He's been here today since 8am. When he turned up he asked me if I could put the heating on to help the paint dry. I put it on 17 degrees as that's what I always put it on and when I just checked, he'd put it up to 25 degrees!! No wonder i'm sat here sweating!

And to top it all he has an electric heater as well. Window is open and back door has been open for a while also!

Just checked my meter reading and since 8am he's used £4.27 gas and £2.34 of electric! :mad:

I hope he isn't here much longer as I use that much gas in a week and less than £1 a day for electric!
  • scamps1966 wrote: »
    My kitchen was supposed to be finish last week but the painter was off sick!

He's been here today since 8am. When he turned up he asked me if I could put the heating on to help the paint dry. I put it on 17 degrees as that's what I always put it on and when I just checked, he'd put it up to 25 degrees!! No wonder i'm sat here sweating!

And to top it all he has an electric heater as well. Window is open and back door has been open for a while also!

Just checked my meter reading and since 8am he's used £4.27 gas and £2.34 of electric! :mad:

I hope he isn't here much longe as I use that much gas in a week and less than £1 a day for electric!

That is ridiculous. No way I could stay in a house at that temperature, but everything open too, silly idea as counteracts the heating!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    michaels wrote: »
    Amazon I think you can do with an NUS card, .ac is what you need for unidays.

Is it just the .ac email address you need for the discount?

I have a college student in the house, no nus card though.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • scamps1966
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    That is ridiculous. No way I could stay in a house at that temperature, but everything open too, silly idea as counteracts the heating!

Just been upstairs and it's like a sauna up there!!
  • Could I ask about the virgin app please, I downloaded the app but don’t know how to activate it !!!129300; thanks x
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hazelo123 wrote: »
    Could I ask about the virgin app please, I downloaded the app but don’t know how to activate it !!!129300; thanks x

PM me - all will be explained :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure