Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Comments

• stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    StuieUK34 wrote: »
    Cheers Steve.. snip............
    To keep the costs down and avoid the Dub return plus risk of not getting baggage back how about https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#search;iti=DUB_LAX_2017-05-24*LAX_LHR_2017-06-02;tt=m;sel=DUBLHR0BA835-LHRLAX0BA269,LAXLHR0AA108

If you can cope with the drive from Lax after a long flight, this seems a good deal IMO plus you wont need to get to Dub the night before. The return is direct from Lax so no connections.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    in 2015, we flew Direct from LHR to LAX, landed at 4pm, left Alamo rental by 5:30pm, got out the LA area on the I15 just south of Victorville were we sat in Traffic for 2 hours !!! :( Got to the Mirage about 11pm that night (which was kinda 7am for us), hardest drive of my life!!!

Cant do the above flight, as it cuts us short by 1 day of our holiday.....
    Our plan is to fly to Dublin from Bristol in the morning, arrive Dublin for 9am....
    Then doing the flight from dublin, am deciding on the flights between 11am or the 12:50pm......
    Means landing in LA for 7:30pm...... Staying in a hotel in LA, and then drive to Vegas 1st thing in the morning.....
    Weds-Wk Sat = 10 nights, which is 1 in LA, 9 in Vegas.....
    Its a shame the flight u found me has the direct flight coming back on the Friday :( ..... Although, following the link to AA website u sent me, i can do in-direct on the Saturday for same £398 cost, back to LHR......

Got a few options at the moment, so keep my eyes peeled for a few days....
    Still havent had my MLIFE offers yet, so a lot rides on that!! only showing my 3 nights in MC so far, and i read there pool is now closed! :(
  • martmonk
    martmonk Posts: 863
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I found that flight with a 22hr gap, and cost is £354 (which is good!).. Over on Flyertalk, a guy has given some advice..

He said, if the LAX agent wont short check your bag, and insists on checking it right through to DUB.......
    He said, I should be able to goto Baggage Services in Heathrow, and ask them to get our bags. It's not a set in stone thing, but it should work
    !

I'd suggest that last sentence is 'but it WILL work'.
    A flight will not leave with the bags belonging to someone not on the flight.
    You could end up with a bit of hassle, and waiting around, and there's always the risk that BA 'mark your card' so you'll only get away with it once without repercussions. That could be loss of avios for example.
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    snip.......
    Our plan is to fly to Dublin from Bristol in the morning, arrive Dublin for 9am....
    Then doing the flight from dublin, am deciding on the flights between 11am or the 12:50pm......
    Means landing in LA for 7:30pm...... Staying in a hotel in LA, and then drive to Vegas 1st thing in the morning.....
    Weds-Wk Sat = 10 nights, which is 1 in LA, 9 in Vegas.....
    Its a shame the flight u found me has the direct flight coming back on the Friday :( ..... Although, following the link to AA website u sent me, i can do in-direct on the Saturday for same £398 cost, back to LHR......

Appreciate that the drive from LA straight away is not ideal. How about returning Sat lax-Phx-Lhr or Lax-Clt-Lhr for £388, only downside the flights are late morning noon time so you would need to leave Vegas early morning. Or direct from LA to Lhr leaving at 18.00 Sat night for £389, at least you don't have to leave Vegas until late morning.
  • StuieUK34
    Forumite
    edited 8 February 2017 at 11:33PM
    Just re-clicked...
    got the direct flight out of LA on the Sat at 19:40 to LHR...
    £389....
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm , tempted to book right now..... (Cheers Steve! :D )

*** I can get that same flight for £372.... Just by adding the Dublin flight at the end..., from Gatwick! :D
    So DUB--->LHR---->LAX , then LAX
    >LHR
    LGW---->DUB = £372
    Credit card is on the table.................... what to do!
  • StuieUK34 wrote: »
    Just re-clicked...
    got the direct flight out of LA on the Sat at 19:40 to LHR...
    £389....
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm , tempted to book right now..... (Cheers Steve! :D )

*** I can get that same flight for £372.... Just by adding the Dublin flight at the end..., from Gatwick! :D
    So DUB--->LHR---->LAX , then LAX
    >LHR
    LGW---->DUB = £372
    Credit card is on the table.................... what to do!

Hope you booked dude!?!
    "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now"

MFW: Mortgage Cleared!!! 14 1/2 years early :D
  • StuieUK34
    Forumite
    Not yet!
    As one of u guys pointed out a few posts ago, I get a buzz out of trying to find the cheapest deal to get what we need ;););) so, am thinking a bit more messing around to see if I can save a few more pennies! :D:D
  • StuieUK34
    Forumite
    **** BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKED!!!! ****
    Wooooohooooooo, Vegas here we come!! :D:D
    Ok, slightly different holiday this time, as taking a 14yr old....
    But roll on end of May !!
    Flight cost doing the LA thing worked out to be £1098 in the end, skipping the last leg of the flight...
    Now to work on the Free Hotels ! :D
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,350
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    Terrible news

Du Pars is closed without warning.

no more short stacks for me in the morning, my god they were good
  • Hovis91
    Hovis91 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Didn't know if we would do Vegas this year...I definately felt Vegased out when we came back in November and with the poor dollar rate didn't even think about booking .......but my lovelyOH has just booked for us to go Nov for a week in TI.We have stayed in TI many times and it is one of my favourites....having done both the Venetian (loved it) and the Wynn (very pretentious) last year and still preferring that end of the strip it is perfect position for me.Guess I will have to start playing Myvegas again,already got 500,000 Lps to use and praying the dollar bucks up before then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure