Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Comments

• stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Kelly, there is normally be a link or a phone number against the flight details, this will probably be direct with the airline. Call or follow the link and book direct. Remember to add the cost of the positioning flight and baggage and any hotel costs to get your final price. There is a lot of info on the BA section of Flyertalk about ex Eu flights both the advantages and pitfalls.
  • stevie11 wrote: »
    That is a shame, similar to yourself I have purchased groupons from north America over time and my card is about to expire.

I will try to update my new card details when required but fear the worse following your info.

Good while it lasted I suppose :(

I'm not sure I buy the 'glitch' explanation given that so many of us have been buying Groupons for years. However, whatever the reason, I can't help thinking that if they've decided to refuse service to international customers, that's a bit short sighted. Living Social and Travelzoo still seem happy to have us so hopefully Groupon will realise their mistake.
    "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now"

MFW: Mortgage Cleared!!! 14 1/2 years early :D
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    I'm not sure I buy the 'glitch' explanation given that so many of us have been buying Groupons for years. However, whatever the reason, I can't help thinking that if they've decided to refuse service to international customers, that's a bit short sighted. Living Social and Travelzoo still seem happy to have us so hopefully Groupon will realise their mistake.

I hope you are right and agree with you. There are many of us using groupon.com so they would be losing out somewhat. Although registering a few years ago I knew I had fudged the system by entering incorrect details. Groupon are still getting my money even though the address I used may have been incorrect.
  • kellyt1981
    kellyt1981 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Thank you so much Stevie11.

I'll keep you all posted if I book anything. Need to get my husband to check his work schedule (and persuade him a bit more!) :rotfl:
  • I'm not sure I buy the 'glitch' explanation given that so many of us have been buying Groupons for years. However, whatever the reason, I can't help thinking that if they've decided to refuse service to international customers, that's a bit short sighted. Living Social and Travelzoo still seem happy to have us so hopefully Groupon will realise their mistake.

"glitch" was their word... but I think it's simply that their CRM is just now more joined up, so card details are required to match to make the account work.

but yes, it is a shame... what if i wanted to gift a US friend, or going on holiday myself. short sighed. i want to give them money! :D
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Kelly..

My flights are Dub-LAX this year...
    I used expedia (and skyscanner, and lastminute.com and Opodo, and eBookers :D:D:D:D ) to look at all flight configs...

In the end, I went with Expedia - Multi City, choosing:
    DUB-LAX (and selecting the flight which goes DUB-LHR-->LAX)
    and for return, I saidi wanted:
    LAX-LHR, LGW-DUB
    its all good!

Last year, we did DUB-LAS (dub-LGW-->LAS)
    and return, I picked it so the flight was LAS-LGW, then LHR-DUB ..... and of course, skipped the last leg of the flight :)
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    As for Groupon, u guys lost me...

I have an account, had it for ages..... wanted to use the WELCOME offer to get 25%, so I recommened a friend (ie, another account for me), put in UK address, with NV zip code, put in my Virgin Atlantic (MBNA) credit card, and booked the "Kiss crazy golf" thing.....

Did this 9 days ago, and I got $10 in groupon bucks to my original account....(got them 3 days ago)...
    Job done!
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    StuieUK34 wrote: »
    As for Groupon, u guys lost me...

I have an account, had it for ages..... wanted to use the WELCOME offer to get 25%, so I recommened a friend (ie, another account for me), put in UK address, with NV zip code, put in my Virgin Atlantic (MBNA) credit card, and booked the "Kiss crazy golf" thing.....

Did this 9 days ago, and I got $10 in groupon bucks to my original account....(got them 3 days ago)...
    Job done!

interesting, well according to groupon, that shouldn't be possible! :D

i tried all variations of address and details, but it wouldn't work :(
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,520 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I just bought the Paris buffet 2 days ago on Groupon.com.
    Used a new CC, gave my UK address and U.S. zip code. Worked fine
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • kellyt1981
    kellyt1981 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Thanks Stuie.

I guess I'm just wary going through a third party like opodo etc incase it wasn't legitimate
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure