Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Naaaah, it took me a long time to perfect my apple cupcakes. I don't want to fiddle with them now ;)
    Don't mess with them, they are divine :smileyhea
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mhoc wrote: »
    oddly enough OH said he was convinced we had another coffee tin but then we thought we were using the spare, only when getting the beans out did i find the new tin hidden at the back - we have to hide the good stuff if we get visitors (ie coffee thiefs!) - the best gin was also hidden :rotfl:

Good to see you've got your priorities straight ;):D:p
  • Just been to T's for teabags, 2.99 for 240 PG so sig updated.

However, I now have a menu problem. Picking the g/kids up at 5 taking them straight to theirs and staying till DD is back from Bella. Yesterday DD was meant to be cooking a chicken so I have mashed potatoes done ready and she has those steamfresh veg in her freezer so the idea was a quick chicken dinner.

Anyhow, chicken was not cooked for whatever reason. She's saying there are sausages but that means I will have to figure out her new Neff oven :eek:

Soooo, what else could I do that's fast and goes with mash and veg? I'm stumped.

I can see it'll descend into Happy Meals on their way home by default... :(
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just been to T's for teabags, 2.99 for 240 PG so sig updated.

However, I now have a menu problem. Picking the g/kids up at 5 taking them straight to theirs and staying till DD is back from Bella. Yesterday DD was meant to be cooking a chicken so I have mashed potatoes done ready and she has those steamfresh veg in her freezer so the idea was a quick chicken dinner.

Anyhow, chicken was not cooked for whatever reason. She's saying there are sausages but that means I will have to figure out her new Neff oven :eek:

Soooo, what else could I do that's fast and goes with mash and veg? I'm stumped.

I can see it'll descend into Happy Meals on their way home by default... :(

Fish fingers :D
  • Arthien wrote: »
    Fish fingers :D

Possible, but she buys those awful smartprice ones :( and I have my granny minimum standards to uphold... :rotfl:

But...just thought...I do pass an S on the way, I could get some cooked chicken from the deli :)
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    To be honest I don't think a £10 fare would cover it one way, that area has been a nightmare since they shut one lane for that supercycle highway :eek: Getting into town is the easy part, getting out takes agggges. I know there is pay and display parking around the square itself. If you have a blue badge, these are the restrictions in Westminster: https://www.westminster.gov.uk/where-you-can-park-disabled-badge. You're also exempt from paying the congestion charge with a blue badge, but you have to apply for it first: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/discounts-and-exemptions

I don't know what area you're traveling from but if driving, I would consider taking the north circ to the A40 and driving down via Shepherd's Bush or down via Paddington and skirting Baywater.

Hope that helps and hello :wave:
    hello back :wave: Thanks for you reply. Am coming from Lakeside area. Think we will be ok getting the train to fen st. It was the cab from Fen St to Belgrave Square, I'm wondering about. Wondering as in would it be a good idea to get Uber via the 02 app :D :money:
    The way OH is though, will probably end up getting a black cab :eek::eek:
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    mhoc wrote: »
    please does anyone by any chance have a barcode for Innocent tropical 900ml pretty please.

Just sorting through receipts and noticed someone had bought this in waitrose yesterday :D

Try this mhoc

15x9ulv.jpg
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2016 at 3:52PM
    36 bottles £103.50. Works out at £2:875 per bottle
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Hello all, been missing for rather some time in fact from about the start of this thread! Have just come back from America and with the wether and tryi to keep a party of 8 happy it wasn't the magic we were expecting, although the children loved it I still feel a little let down. I am now trying to get he funds for a trip to Paris next year just my little family unit so need to get back to every money saving trick in the book! Would anyone mind telling me how much the mullets work out at please??? Xx
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all :wave:
    Snap thinking of you x
    MKS have a lovely holiday x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure